Sign in to follow this  
Kent Canary

Going nuts

I have spent all week building up to the weekend, anyone else going nuts? Got the week off work and havent done much except think about Sunday! Im glued to Sky Sports News, I was thinking earlier in the week they were giving a bit more coverage to the other three whereas generally theyre quite fair to us. I see they covered the Fanzone final from FCR yesterday.

Sunday is going to be outrageous, I cant stand the tension! Its going to be so edgy but should be a great atmosphere too. Might have to go and buy a tiny radio to keep up with the scores while we''re there!

Also rumours abound Pompey arent going to put up too much of a fight..

Just had to post something to let the stress out!!! Aaaagh!!

KICK IT OFF!

I went on Radio Broadland this morning along with one fan each of WBA, Soton and Palce hurling good natured abuse at each other. I was told to be positive and confident which I think I managed to carry off but I wasnt really feeling like that inside. I dont think I have ever been this nervous before a game (and I go back a few years). Everyones fed up with me at work and reckon I need counselling. I think they are right.

I know how you feel, don''t worry! I''ve managed to land myself a corner seat in my office at work, meaning no one in the dept can see I''m just p*ssing about looking for something interesting to read/say about Norwich City...

My mind, all week, has been completely on the game... I think its safe to say that this is the most important game for as long as I can remember (yes, more so than the play-off final!), and I''m nervous and excited all at once!

But one feeling I cannot shake, is that we are going to do it...

It''s just a feeling...

But, as a great lady once sang... WHAT A FEELING?!?

We should do it, we can do it, WE WILL DO IT!!!

ps, Jamie, do some effing work and stop sneaking up on me! 48 hours, 19 minutes to go...................

[quote]I went on Radio Broadland this morning along with one fan each of WBA, Soton and Palce hurling good natured abuse at each other. I was told to be positive and confident which I think I managed to carr...[/quote]

After very careful consideration, I''m finding a big field to sit in on my own!.

I can''t and won''t take the stress for this one. My best, heartfelt wishes and thoughts go out to Nigel and the team, and all the thousands of City supporters at the cottage.

Mrs wiz will give me the half time and full time scores. But I would like to be around next season, so I''m avoiding all commentaries etc.

Like you, I want this win so badly I can taste it.

Keep the faith, come on lads, Lets be ''avin you!.

At least I don''t make it obvious by posting every 5 minutes on this site Jason. Oh dear, I''m reading it...

I can''t get football out of my head... it doesn''t help having our fixtures round my computer, NCFC wristbands on my........wrists, a massive poster saying "lets be ''avin you" on the office wall. What should I do!!!

47 hrs 15 minutes left!!!

Vin Diesel once thought that NCFC were rubbish. Oh how he was wrong... 

[quote]After very careful consideration, I''m finding a big field to sit in on my own!. I can''t and won''t take the stress for this one. My best, heartfelt wishes and thoughts go out to Nigel and the team, an...[/quote]

Mmm, like the sound of sitting in the field.  Like the fact that it should keep yer ticker pulsating around normal n all.

I''m going to be on a high table at a World Candlelight Memorial Day celebration for HIV/AIDS remembrance in a place called Mbeya in southern Tanzania, sitting next to some political bigwigs and having to deliver a speech in Swahili in front of thousands of onlookers.  Hmm, not the best for my footy concentration...

...I''ll be relying on text messages from a mate at the Cottage...

[quote]I feel I want to hibernate until Monday morning[/quote]

lol, a bit stupid.

id rather wait till around 5 to find out the score.

even thou that will be hard!

[quote]I went on Radio Broadland this morning along with one fan each of WBA, Soton and Palce hurling good natured abuse at each other. I was told to be positive and confident which I think I managed to carr...[/quote]

Hey I heard you!!! Well done and thank you. Like you said yourself, Lets be ''avin ya!

I''ve got the unwelcome distraction of a sociology essay for Monday currently weighing rather heavily on my mind and being on here is actually a welcome relief from trying to get my last ever piece of Uni assignment work done. The flipside is that whilst doing the assignment I have found myself fretting about Sunday''s result. It wouldn''t surprise me to find I''ve written Norwich City somewhere in the behemoth that is my essay.

If anyone wants to swap - whereby I fret for them and they write the essay for me, feel free to PM me, could do with fretting about something that''ll actually matter to me in my later life, not some Mickey Mouse Degree...!?

I blame my tutor, I''m sure he chose the Monday after the end of the Premiership season specifically to get back at me for lapsing out of consciousness during more than just the one tutorial/seminar.

Still, given myself time off to watch the match on Sky so least I''ll get to see firsthand the match and outcome to our season. Hope it''s a positive one, because I''ll not wanna go back to writing an essay if we don''t get the result we need. Might have to fill in a Personal Mitigating Circumstance form explaining how I''ve been super-stressed in the build up to the assignment date/last game of the season.

[quote]lol, a bit stupid. id rather wait till around 5 to find out the score. even thou that will be hard![/quote]

Its all getting to me AJ!

All the scenarios etc. on TV lunchtime were not helping either.  This team beat that team in 1978 to stay up etc. etc. !!

Its out of our hands and the lads and Nigel know what they have to do...................

ON THE BALL CITY

its not out of our hands, we still need to get behind the boys and get them going

Sing Loud, Do Us Proud

[quote]After very careful consideration, I''m finding a big field to sit in on my own!. I can''t and won''t take the stress for this one. My best, heartfelt wishes and thoughts go out to Nigel and the team, an...[/quote]

Message to Wiz,

If its a field you are looking for, may I suggest finding a sunny meadow by a river, take a mower with you, cut some grass then roll a massive spliff, settle down under a large willow tree by the river bank relax and wait for the good news,

PS.  At least if the news isnt quite what we are praying for you''ll be to high to worry about it !!!!!!