Sign in to follow this  
| wolfswinkel |

Tonight's starting 11's

@NorwichCityFC: #NCFC team v @ManUtd: Bunn; Whittaker, R. Bennett, Bassong, Garrido; Snodgrass, Fer, Johnson, Redmond; Hoolahan; Elmander.

@ManUtd: #mufc starting XI: Lindegaard; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Büttner; Zaha, Cleverley, Jones, Young; Januzaj, Hernandez.

wtfso he wont start redmond in the important league games but will in the league cuptoolwhats the point in picking a team like that, could have stuck the murphys in there, that lots got no chance so why bother playing redmond, snodgrass, bassong and fer and risk picking up knockshughton out

i really cannot believe hes starting redmond in THIS game, if him or fer get carted off with injury we are screwedman is a complete plank

[quote user="iron_stan"]i really cannot believe hes starting redmond in THIS game, if him or fer get carted off with injury we are screwed

man is a complete plank
[/quote]

Hughton''s a tool............and I''m being polite.

RvW apparently out injured, so does make sense really- Resting Hooper

Perhaps would have played Howson and Olsson over Hools and Garrido but I can see why he''s made those changes. Hoolahan gets a crack at proving himself after a few frustrating performances

I think some of the above stick is rather OTT, don''t count your chickens etc....

"Branston Pickle"Looks ok to me, we are unlikely to win whatever side we put out, but this looks as reasonable as any.

Bit unsure of Elmander so far. It will be interesting to see him as the lone striker. Hopefully Hooly is at his best.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="iron_stan"]i really cannot believe hes starting redmond in THIS game, if him or fer get carted off with injury we are screwedman is a complete plank[/quote]

[/quote]

This reaction is a surprise! So nobody else would have picked this team.

What would yours have been Wiz?

So Hughton decides to play a more attacking lineup away to Man U in the cup than in the must win home game against Cardiff...

I understand why he has rested certain players but that XI looks depressing and apart from two stand out names could quite easily just be any strong Championship side. That''s a sad reality I think. 
The only way that I can envisage us scoring is a Redmond 25 yarder (becoming predictable those shots though). 
The only plus that I can see is that by starting Snodgrass and resting Pilkington perhaps that signals that Hughton considers Pilkington more important of the two at the moment, and that may mean Redmond coming on for Snodgrass at Man City (for once).

[quote user="Beechy"]So Hughton decides to play a more attacking lineup away to Man U in the cup than in the must win home game against Cardiff...[/quote]
That''s not how I see it, far from it. Reminds me of our team last season with Elmander being the Holt, our only hope is for a moment of brilliance from Redmond.

"Beechy"So Hughton decides to play a more attacking lineup away to Man U in the cup than in the must win home game against Cardiff...

????

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="iron_stan"]i really cannot believe hes starting redmond in THIS game, if him or fer get carted off with injury we are screwedman is a complete plank[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what would yours have been Nige?

That line up sounds fair enough to me, though that Bunn hasn''t got long enough arms to be a professional goalie.

Maybe some of the old critics could offer up their team selections here so we can see how that should be done?

Would have fancied Becchio playing instead of Elmander for this one, but obviously not part of hoots plans for sure. Bloke must be so demoralised.

League is the priority. I would have preferred our stronger line up but having seen the bench I am happier.

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

what would yours have been Nige?

[/quote]

Depends who''s fit. If everone fit it would be

Bunn

Whitaker Martin Bennett Garrido

Redmond Johnson Fer Ollson

Hooper

RVW

Tough on Elmander and Hoolahan but game time for Hooper to play off RVW

What''s yours CUSDP?

(and I hope you noticed that I answered your question as usual....)

i dont see the point in playing any of the first choice players ie redmond, bassong, snodgrass, fer in a game where we are likely to take a hiding anyway, its even more retarded to start redmond for this sort of game given that hes been benched for the last few despite being our best player by a country mile. any of that lot pick up an injury tonight and we are knackered. the league cup just doesnt matterthe sensible option would have been to blood the youngsters along with the second string, if they lose they lose, no ones damaged and they got some important game timeif we take a hiding its not going to to the confidence of any of those first choice players any fkn good is itand wtf is wrong with becchio ? is he actually a professional footballer or professional bench polisher ? why the fk did hughton sign him if not to play him in this sort of game