Sign in to follow this  

O'Neil's just turned down Palace!

I was in favour of oneil but the more I read this thread the less I was sure until I came to the conclusion if is a bad move

Paul Ince for me me doing wonders at Blackpool with no money and a small squad.

Paul Ince is on a one year rolling contract and not keen to sign anything more permanent, I wouldn''t be surprised if we have had a little word in the ear on his agent, just to keep it that way!

i want hughton gone but ffs no not oneill we want someone with ambition and on his way up not on his way outphelan, howe, di matteo, zola, ole gunnar.....

Wiz, I have to agree. I think he would be a good fit at CR. Not so long since he was touted as next Man U manager. Got to be better than Hughton. I think MON would surprise a few people (positively). Go get him...

People don''t want O''Neil who has had a brilliant managerial career bar Sunderland but they want Ince who looked totally out of his depth last time he was managing in the premier league and has just been banned for threatening a official. My worry with O''Neil is he seemed to have lost his buzz when at Sunderland and also I do agree he spends a lot of money on average players. O''Neil I doubt is the right man for us, but I''m even more certain Ince would be worse.

Thats an interesting comment Ricardo. Looking back I remember at the time thinking that despite the Windass scenario being the apparent reason why he left us as Manager, that there was more to it.........he signed for Leicester a matter of days later, and I and many at that time thought he had simply used us as a stepping stone. I also remember, and I dont know how true it was, that the word was he and his coaching team made no effort to purchase property in the area indicating they were treating it as a temporary situation, and also that he was actually very unpopular amongst the club staff, actually I''ll be honest, this my wife heard from the daughter of a senior club official at that time (ooh the scandal). That said, even though I am wavering, I still wouldnt have a problem if he came in as a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, other than I still dont think he is not any better than what we have right now.......   

really should check before I post........should of course say.....I still dont think that he is any better than what we have now...you know what I mean (I must keep off the JD!)

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Can I just ask Wiz where he got this info from as I cannot find it anywhere ?[/quote]

Maybe he got it off the P.N.C tilly, I mean that''s where you get most of your "info" from isn''t it????

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Can I just ask Wiz where he got this info from as I cannot find it anywhere ?[/quote]

Maybe he got it off the P.N.C tilly, I mean that''s where you get most of your "info" from isn''t it????

Was a good manager once upon a time. Football has changed and he hasn''t kept up. Would be a ludicrous decision to appoint him.

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Can I just ask Wiz where he got this info from as I cannot find it anywhere ?

[/quote] Maybe he got it off the P.N.C tilly, I mean that''s where you get most of your "info" from isn''t it????

[/quote]

First you call me Ploddy the other night and now an attempt to enter dangerous territory. Anyone would think you have an agenda but hey ho whatever floats your boat.

No Thanks, someone said he''s yesterdays man, someones else said he''s fave for ireland job,we''re not looking for another manager,our board is behind CH.Glen Hoddle /Roy Keane partnership for us next if not six points from next five games.

Still can''t find a source for this on the web.Latest story I found just said he was talking to Palace.More Wiz claptrap?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Hoopers Winky Fer Goals"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Can I just ask Wiz where he got this info from as I cannot find it anywhere ?

[/quote] Maybe he got it off the P.N.C tilly, I mean that''s where you get most of your "info" from isn''t it????

[/quote]

First you call me Ploddy the other night and now an attempt to enter dangerous territory. Anyone would think you have an agenda but hey ho whatever floats your boat.

[/quote]Funny how they just turn up with these ready made grudges lol.

I believe halloween makes people mad. Hang on, it''s First Wizard and River end canary (and his aliases).

O''Neill - over the hill.

Ince - Hmmm, no. What has he done?

Lennon? Poor man''s O''Neill. Can only win a one team league.

Far better managers out there. We''ve the best of a bad bunch at the moment. Replacing with others would make us no better off. Includes Malkay.

My beliefs would be Zola or De Mateo. The latter inherited a class Chelsea team built on decent managers. The former, he could do well but a risk as a step up.

Hughton got Newcastle ticking in time. He''s been unfortunate in finding the net. If finding the net (earlier on in a game), the mentality of the opposition would be different in that 2nd half (more so final 20 minutes).

I think next stop is European IF the manager is changed. I''m biding time and waiting for the next 3 home games.

Tides turn.

Apologies Ron,just trying to lighten the mood, what i meant was Di Canio/Keane/hoddle partnership.....for Ipswich when Mick Mac takes the Irish job.

Having drifted slightly towards the Hughton out camp since the last two games I also find myself once again thinking in terms of the best man to actually keep us up.

Yes, I know!

In this respect I would fancy MON as more likely to achieve this priority than the current version of Chris Hughton.

There''s a spark missing within the team at the moment and they could well benefit from the prestigious imput of our Martin.

And apologies to you wcorkcanary - unfortunately you picked two people I really, really can''t stand!

I was just thinking to myself that I only retaliate to stupidly aggressive posters who initiate bullying & insulting responses - then post that!. I''ll try & keep it rational (& boring) in future.

I suppose people like bullying, aggressive narratives (with a big dollop of self-pity) though; it''s why EastEnders has been going for about 500 years after all

[quote user="ron obvious"]And apologies to you wcorkcanary - unfortunately you picked two people I really, really can''t stand!

I was just thinking to myself that I only retaliate to stupidly aggressive posters who initiate bullying & insulting responses - then post that!. I''ll try & keep it rational (& boring) in future.

I suppose people like bullying, aggressive narratives (with a big dollop of self-pity) though; it''s why EastEnders has been going for about 500 years after all[/quote]Shut it you slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!

[quote user="morty"]Still can''t find a source for this on the web.

Latest story I found just said he was talking to Palace.

More Wiz claptrap?
[/quote]

Informed talk on the holmesdale.

More Morty grudges?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Still can''t find a source for this on the web.Latest story I found just said he was talking to Palace.More Wiz claptrap?[/quote]

Informed talk on the holmesdale.

More Morty grudges?

[/quote]Oh don''t be so precious. I scanned the net to read more about it, and couldn''t find anything referring to him turning the job down.

In fact, all the reports I can find are actually saying he''s the favourite to get the job.