Sign in to follow this  
Standard Beagle

O'Neill to take the Ireland Job

Well this should prove amusing for us over here, there was never such a divisive figure as roy keane so to have him and mr o neill as a team should prove eventful at least. Perhaps the most succesful club manager of all time was wrong about Roy, and he will prove to be a success after failure at Ip5w1ch and Sunderland. God help the Republic.

Keane as well?! Oh dear. I know a couple of Irishmen that won''t have anything to with the team while he has anything to do with them.

Excellent news. At least now I won''t have to listen to that Irish tw@t during England games.
Davo

"TIL 1010"

Will be interesting to see who Wiz now has as his Plan B.

Some old duffer that has been out of the job for years. Jimmy Sirrell, Howard Kendall etc.

A good move for Martin O''Neill.  I didn''t think he would take another job after Sunderland. He looked very tired and out of sorts.The less demanding role of infrequent international football should give him an opportunity to end his managerial career with something positive. I wonder if Keane is being groomed as his successor?  Could prove interesting (or disastrous).

These appointments will be Media gold. Roy does not like/respect The FAI, many Irish still consider him a traitor, some a hero. MO''N may have brought him in to deflect attention from himself. Either way its not gonna be boring. I think Mr. Keane may baulk at the idea of being groomed....by anyone.