Sign in to follow this  
Jed Yokel

Plastics think losing tomorrow is acceptable...

I went to Man U on Monday and was so angry when an overweight norwich fan told his son "We are only a small club and can''t compete with the ''big boys" I ripped up my Coach Carrot tickets and got a taxi back to Carrow Road where I proceeded to circle Carrow Road in furious anger!!!!

I''ll be going to Man City tomorrow, despite living in Norwich by the way and expect nothing but win.

Any plastics who are only going on a ''fun day out'' want to admit it so they can give their tickets to real fans like Wolfgang.

You''re so cool. I want to be you!!!

Just one question regarding your trolling. Is the fat fan you refer to a plastic because he travelled all the way to Manchester on a weeknight to watch a cup game or just because of what he said to his son about a much larger and successful club?

[quote user="Wolfgang Bumpkin"]I went to Man U on Monday and was so angry when an overweight norwich fan told his son "We are only a small club and can''t compete with the ''big boys" I ripped up my Coach Carrot tickets and got a taxi back to Carrow Road where I proceeded to circle Carrow Road in furious anger!!!!

I''ll be going to Man City tomorrow, despite living in Norwich by the way and expect nothing but win.

Any plastics who are only going on a ''fun day out'' want to admit it so they can give their tickets to real fans like Wolfgang.[/quote]

We have played 124 away games in our Premier League history and won 26 of them. So expecting a win every time is indeed a triumph of hope over experience.Personally I''d take a point now if it were offered.

Fair play to the guy for taking his son. was the comment heard before or after the game? if after, he may have been trying to soften the blow of a 4 nil defeat to a young lad,although i think that saying ''we cant compete'' is defeatist, i prefer ''it was always gonna be tough''t My son, now 20 ,found it tough when younger, as all his mates supported Pool, Mu etc.(we live in Ireland) . He''s now a proud city supporter and celebrated howsons goal at the emirates as if it was a winner.

PS on the day that he was born , City were top ,top ,top,,of the premier league.

[quote user="Wolfgang Bumpkin"]I went to Man U on Monday and was so angry when an overweight norwich fan told his son "We are only a small club and can''t compete with the ''big boys" I ripped up my Coach Carrot tickets and got a taxi back to Carrow Road where I proceeded to circle Carrow Road in furious anger!!!!

Any plastics who are only going on a ''fun day out'' want to admit it so they can give their tickets to real fans like Wolfgang.[/quote]

@monty\morty.... Are you over weight by any chance??? sounds like just the sort of tosh you''d be saying to some little child!

I remember going to see Norwich play Man City on Boxing day when they were at Maine Road ( ''87 I think - we lost ) and a female Norwich ''supporter'' spend the whole game knitting a shawl...

Even as a teenager, I realised some Norwich fans were a very strange breed. I''ve always maintained Norwich would get 15,000 every (other) week even if they wasn''t any match to watch. Just go for a moan. Then again, at present, they is much to moan about!!

Anyone who went to Maine Road was lucky enough to go a proper first division ground with proper first division fans in it! That''s gone now. The new stadium is just like old Trafford and it''s inhabitants behave much the same as their more illustrious neighbours.

I had a lot of time for the ''old'' Man City fans. Seemed genuine, with a dry self defeatist way of looking at their team. And they weren''t Man Utd. The price of ''success''...

We walked into a pub near Maine Road - in colours - which in retrospect wasn''t a wise move. A guy came over and said ''Millwall fans were in here a week ago and got stabbed.'' We got left alone, but we didn''t hang around too long...

Not a wise move but you lived to tell the tale[Y]

Was my first visit to the Emirates last month and that amazed me! There were actually tour companies waiting for the fans outside the ground. A bit like coming out of an airport! I''m not really knocking it, I guess we have to move with the times. But it''s a lot for us old duffers to take in at times![;)]

Why would anyone think we have plastic fans?

Why would anyone who could be considered a ''plastic fan'' (a stupid term made up by insecure people trying to feel superior for supporting their side better) choose Norwich?

It''s illogical...

As far as Bor can tell from this message board, our "most loyal" fans want us to lose tomorrow so Houghton gets sacked.

I don''t reckon there''s a soul in the world who wants us to win today, dear oh my.

The main concerns this season has been the negative football coupled with poor results and the rise of the plastic fan and their blind support for hapless and his approach. As they don''t go home and away every week they don''t have to put up with the rubbish the true fans have to witness

Hughton out and plastics out

As Ginger has pointed out classing some Norwich fans as plastic is beyond stupid. Your elitist cr@p just goes to show there are still plenty of village idiots out there.

Thanks Ginger and Brightside, as someone who has been called a "plastic" on here I have to agree, absolutely no way am I a plastic. Its clear that the big five or six will always have a high percentage of so called "plastics", but no way are you a plastic supporting Norwich City even if you cant get to every game. I really cant see the day when a tour bus collects fans after a game at Carrow Road before they head off to Wroxham for an evening dinner cruise. 

Where did the saying "plastics" come from anyway???

Just as a footnote, apparently according to what I heard on the radio recently the clubs with the largest support over here are Real Madrid followed closely by Barcelona and then Manchester United (I guess a few Man Citeh in Abu Dhabi), now they are real "plastics".      

Dubai. Do you honestly care what a bumpkin like Waveney thinks? You may not get to many games due to distance and expense, but you obviously follow the club closely and keep yourself involved in the comings and goings.

Bar the odd exception, most people on here are genuine City fans and are welcome wherever they are based.

People moaning about our fans not being based in Norfolk are small minded, tinpot and an embarrassment. And in Waveneys case just a wind-up. I hope.

River end canary muttered: ''The main concerns this season has been the negative football''

Clearly not watched the past four games! We''ve been playing some very good football, 2 of the games against Champions League opposition who will dominate the top four places. We fell apart in the final 20 minutes of that game defensively but still played good attacking football.

Last week we were just not finding the back of the net.

Scoring is the issue. Today will be the same and can already here the tapping of your keyboard in disgruntled in readiness to bash anyone associated with NCFC, without looking up at a screen to see how we play.

P and t some of what u are saying I don''t disagree with. it''s what we have seen all year not just this season. I am standing here in Mary D''s beside the ground having a pint and I just now what to expect. That is what is depressing