Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Another former player moans about CH

It is interesting that yet another former player has publicly criticised Chris Hughton.

Steve Morrison speaks of the great buzz at the club playing under Lambert and then complains at the rigid, one dimensional approach under Hughton. He says

" It was incredibly boring, incredibly frustrating."

It does seem that the players had passion playing under Lambert and wanted to please him. whereas they seem to feel limited under Hughton- as if wings are clipped.

I really do think his number is up. Let us find a manager the players want to walk through walls for and not one who every player that leaves then reveals they found negative, dull and frustrating...

..much like the fans are feeling too!!

Now that wouldn''t be the same Morrison who couldn''t do a thing right at our club and who got roundly slated by the fans for showing no effort, being lazy and generally a bit useless?  The same Morrison who went to Leeds and got a load of stick for the same reasons?  Well, that''s a small old world.  Next I reckon you''ll be telling us that Marlon King don''t rate Hughton either, or that Harold Shipman used to be Houghton''s doctor and always found him unhelpful and defensive.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

Now that wouldn''t be the same Morrison who couldn''t do a thing right at our club and who got roundly slated by the fans for showing no effort, being lazy and generally a bit useless?  The same Morrison who went to Leeds and got a load of stick for the same reasons?  Well, that''s a small old world.  Next I reckon you''ll be telling us that Marlon King don''t rate Hughton either, or that Harold Shipman used to be Houghton''s doctor and always found him unhelpful and defensive.

[/quote]

A post by Bor that I agree with 100%

Whatever next?

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[/quote]

Poor taste.

Morison did nothing wrong except not be as good or better than Grant Holt. Fans wanted to see Holt in the team so were eager to jump on every Morison mistake. A well-paid whipping boy is what he became.

If Morison and Holt were both sick of Hughton''s tactics, I wonder how Hooper and Van Wolfswhatsit are feeling?

Well, Whoareyou, the simplest, sure fire way that Hughton, and, to be fair, the players, could put a stop to this "division" and "tedium" is to start winning a few football matches.

Simple, really.

[quote user="King Plastic"]

If Morison and Holt were both sick of Hughton''s tactics, I wonder how Hooper and Van Wolfswhatsit are feeling?

[/quote]

We probably don''t want to know the answer to that...

Morrison is not the best player to test the mood, he fell out of form steadily and crashed at leeds before being moved on.Let us not forget that Lambert fell out with a number of players too, and look at Villa there is a whole list of players who will not be sending him christmas cards

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Well, Whoareyou, the simplest, sure fire way that Hughton, and, to be fair, the players, could put a stop to this "division" and "tedium" is to start winning a few football matches.

Simple, really.[/quote]And the best way some of the fans could stop it, is to actually support the team rather than an endless stream of criticism and ridiculous, inane sniping.No one wants to be in the bottom three but we are only there on goal difference and 3 points from 9th place. And where is this miraculous replacement going to come from who is better than CH and will make such an impact that we will suddenly be in the Top 6?

What a load of utter tosh, WAY. The support last week v Cardiff was superb. OK some fans were a little peeved at CH''s substitution effort (and had every right to be), and there was a little booing , mainly born out of frustration, at the final whistle. All the way through the rest of it the noise was as loud as ever, and very positive.

There are those on forums such as this and the social media who are saying some critical stuff (myself included), but do you really believe that this has a fundamental effect on the player''s or manager''s decisions ? Your suggestion that most of us will only be satisfied with a top 6 place is equally ridiculous.

Things could improve very rapidy, I''ll agree, but it simply HAS to be rapidly, or else this whole situation will spiral out of control.

I repeat, the easiest way to put this whole question to bed is for Norwich City to win some games.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]What a load of utter tosh, WAY. The support last week v Cardiff was superb. OK some fans were a little peeved at CH''s substitution effort (and had every right to be), and there was a little booing , mainly born out of frustration, at the final whistle. All the way through the rest of it the noise was as loud as ever, and very positive.

There are those on forums such as this and the social media who are saying some critical stuff (myself included), but do you really believe that this has a fundamental effect on the player''s or manager''s decisions ? Your suggestion that most of us will only be satisfied with a top 6 place is equally ridiculous.

Things could improve very rapidy, I''ll agree, but it simply HAS to be rapidly, or else this whole situation will spiral out of control.

I repeat, the easiest way to put this whole question to bed is for Norwich City to win some games.[/quote]So who do you propose will do a better job and is a realistic option for NCFC to recruit?

I know a lot of you Hughton Inners are hiding behind this question.

Don''t buy it. Not my decision Or yours. Never has been, never will be. So our guess would count for little, I''m afraid.

As much as I never shy''d away from my dislike for Moro, I think he does make a point that is true and if you ignore it you need to get your head out of the sand.For a team of players used to attacking and being dynamic the style we now play IS boring and must be frustraiting.Like Hoots as a man, but not as a manager of my football club !

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 02/11/2013 11:08 AM:

I know a lot of you Hughton Inners are hiding behind this question.

Don''t buy it. Not my decision Or yours. Never has been, never will be. So our guess would count for little, I''m afraid.

--------------------------------------------

But, if left to you, Houghton would be gone. So, since you rate your judgement so highly, it''s a fair question to ask who would be guaranteed to do any better.

Just because Morro wasn''t liked doesn''t make his points invalid. The point I am making is that this is yet another ex player who notes a big shift in a negative direction- and i am yet to hear any say "things were fab with Hughton" That must tell us something.

The fact is that under Lambert we were daring and the "buzz" around the club became infectious. Under Hughton this buzz has fizzled out and the goals have completely dried up.

So yes, I think we can do better. You ask who? I say Phelan, Pulis, O''Neil and others could do a job here.

Don''t get me wrong. CH is a nice chap it is just not clicking for him here. And i am worried that the wheels are falling off and looking at our run in at the end of the season..we need points NOW not tomorrow.

The above posting just shows how little you understand, Ron, and how careless you are in reading postings.

I am NOT advocating the immediate sacking of Chris Hughton, so , if left to me he would not be "gone", as you so inaccurately put it.

What I do want is for Norwich to start winning some matches, and, unlike the Wiz''s of this world, I do believe we have the wherewithal to do it.

What I have said (if you take the trouble to read it correctly), is that I''m pretty sure that if things do not improve soon, then CH WILL be gone.

Not the same thing.

You ask who? I say Phelan, Pulis, O''Neil and others could do a job here.

----------------------------

I have seen absolutely no signs that any of those could do a better job than Hughton. And Pulis? Late of Stoke? Now there''s someone who really does play attractive, attacking football .....

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I know a lot of you Hughton Inners are hiding behind this question.

Don''t buy it. Not my decision Or yours. Never has been, never will be. So our guess would count for little, I''m afraid.[/quote]Let''s just imagine it it your decision. You seem very keen to get rid of the current incumbent so you must have a good idea of who you want to replace him.

I''ve just seen someone mention Pulis. If you think Hughton''s football is poor, I have no idea what you would make of Pulis in charge.

Pulis does play negative football but at least with better effect and more goals and points!

Not my first choice but I was merely listing people I feel would do a better job here.

I don''t think this ex player''s comments are much to mention: it didnt work out for him here, (many of) the fans didn''t rate him, and his effort was questioned even by those who thought he was ok (me included), he was offloaded and it is hardly the shock of shocks that he might have a dig.

It is stating the absolutely obvious that under Lambert there was a buzz about the club, we had back to back promotions and were on a big adventure in the PL: the buzz was inevitable, but the point is, it'' was never going to last forever: in the PL we are among a different beast. It does seem that some do seem to find it hard adjusting to this reality.

You see, there you go again Ron. Just can''t help yourself can you? I defy you to quote any time that I''ve said I want Hughton sacked (or got rid of ) now.

And, for the record, the reason why I will not name names for a hypothetical replacement, is that you will ridicule and pull to pieces any suggestion made, as you have to Pulis.

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 02/11/2013 11:36 AM:

The above posting just shows how little you understand, Ron, and how careless you are in reading postings.

I am NOT advocating the immediate sacking of Chris Hughton, so , if left to me he would not be "gone", as you so inaccurately put it.

What I do want is for Norwich to start winning some matches, and, unlike the Wiz''s of this world, I do believe we have the wherewithal to do it.

What I have said (if you take the trouble to read it correctly), is that I''m pretty sure that if things do not improve soon, then CH WILL be gone.

Not the same thing.

-------------------------

Are you seriously saying you don''t want him gone? Really? You''ve been saying he isn''t good enough since the beginning of the season. Your stance looks like pure sophistry to me. Are you in politics, by any chance?

PL''s approach suited the players who suited the team that suits the city. His caution to the wall, us against them style is what works with underrated teams who want to show the big boys we belong here, and watcha gonna do about it.

CH seems to concenrate onplaying within our limits carefully which got us almost as many points last year as Lambert''s hells bells approach did the year before. Of course the players preferred that. Lambert didn''t play scared. He didn''t sit on leads or back off when we pulled even. Remember the thriller at Arsenal.

The question is, which approach shoild we take? Go for it, or lifeless safe Ned Flanders (hopefully)? secure but boring?

You can believe what you like, Ron. Just because you keep repeating misunderstandings and misquotes, doesn''t make them true.

You are correct in assuming that I remain to be convinced that CH is the man for the job. As, clearly do thousands of others. Are you wholly convinced ?

Don''t know why you say I''m indulging in sophistry. I''ve been consistent in what I''ve said. In short, I beieve that Hughton has only a short time left to improve matters or he will cease to be our manager.

--- Houston Canary: The question is, which approach should we take? Go for it, or lifeless safe Ned Flanders (hopefully)? secure but boring?

Well, firstly, we are in the relegation zone so Ned Flanders Secure and boring is not really that secure. In the end this is a dubious argument, we no more have to go for it Hells Bells, as play boring football.