Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

The Murphys

Both travelled with the first team. Good experience for them, might even make the bench. Interesting to see the report from the U21 game last night. I wonder what Guidetti thinks about playing reserve team football...

The Murphy boys have attracted a lot of attention here, lot of people wondering if they would qualify under the granny rule(for Ireland), as the likes of Redmond and Sterling may well be ahead of them in the England squads in years to come, and like Pilks may plump for us if offered. Does anyone know where the Murphy name fits in their Family Tree?All info treated with the usual privacy of a message board.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]The Murphy boys have attracted a lot of attention here, lot of people wondering if they would qualify under the granny rule(for Ireland), as the likes of Redmond and Sterling may well be ahead of them in the England squads in years to come, and like Pilks may plump for us if offered. Does anyone know where the Murphy name fits in their Family Tree?All info treated with the usual privacy of a message board.[/quote]IIRC the only Murphy you need in you in order to qualify for Eire is a pint of the stout stuff on Paddys day.

Thanks Zak , Very helpful, I''m sure all in Camp Ireland will be offerering messrs Rooney, gerrard ,Cole et al a pint reet soon.

Does anyone know how long they have left on their contracts. These boys could be very very special on day we need to have them tied up on long term contracts?

River end canary wrote the following post at 02/11/2013 12:39 PM:

"Redmond on one wing and a murphy on the other now that would be entertaining "

Given that both have travelled and Snodgrass and Redmond nursing injuries there''s a possibility we could end up today with both flanking Hooper.

[quote user="wcorkcanary"]The Murphy boys have attracted a lot of attention here, lot of people wondering if they would qualify under the granny rule(for Ireland), as the likes of Redmond and Sterling may well be ahead of them in the England squads in years to come, and like Pilks may plump for us if offered. Does anyone know where the Murphy name fits in their Family Tree?All info treated with the usual privacy of a message board.[/quote]

This is not reliable at all, but from what I''ve seen from previous Pink''un articles, the family name Murphy comes from the father figure in the family, who I believe is his adopted father. Im not sure they have a ''blood'' Irish relative. Im not sure if adopted family would be treated the same as biological family in terms of football nationality

[quote user="canary forever"]Does anyone know how long they have left on their contracts. These boys could be very very special on day we need to have them tied up on long term contracts?[/quote]

Didnt they both sign longterm after the FA youth Cup final?

Cheers GMD, If Tony Cascarino can play for Ireland......then who cant. I''d rather them play for England seniors personally, but vthere a long way to go from u18/21 to full Capped senior international.

If nothing else, playing one or both Murphys would have the element of surprise.

Football is littered with stunning debut performances. Remember a 16yo Rooney''s for Everton ?

I personally dont see the problem with this. I know we won there last season, but in reality, most people in Norwich colours would expect a defeat today. Doesnt mean we shouldnt try, but the likely outcome is a defeat when you consider the amount of money they spend on one player is more that we''ve spent in this window (which some seem to think entitles us to beat everyone - its all relative of course).

So if this is a bonus match, and a low risk fixture, what better match to take a risk. Id rather we played them in a game we had little chance of picking up points from (ie if it backfires, unlikley to affect the overall outcome) than to play them against beatable opposition and for them to look out of their depth. Wouldnt be too out of leftfield considering the injuries