Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

whittaker at left back

[quote user="splutcho"]Whittaker has played at left back plenty of times in his career you tool.[/quote]
He usually plays left-back for Scotland, if I''m not mistaken?

[quote user="splutcho"]Whittaker has played at left back plenty of times in his career you tool.[/quote]

Why the need for name calling

[quote user="iron_stan"]no he hasnt, youre wrong, hes played left back a couple times for cityand hes right footed[/quote]
Bull. One of the reasons he''s such an effective attacking full-back is that he is two footed, he can cut inside to shoot with his left just as easily as cross with his right. Remember his goal against Everton? The initial strike was a curling left footed shot.

Why have we decided he''s playing LB?
I assumed he would be playing on Right Mid with everyone else staying where they were rather than mucking several players around into diff positions....

Its not his best position though is it? Im sure I saw an article with Whittaker moaning about being played on the wrong side for Scotland and how he''s not really used to it. Seems odd to put someone in a position they feel uncomfortable in when you have a perfectly fit left back on the bench. But of course we dont know all the minutiae, perhaps Garrdio isnt fully fit or has been poor in training etc

[quote user="splutcho"]Watch the moron now blame anything and everything on Whittaker today.[/quote]

actually ill be blaming it on hughton ;)cnut :)

[quote user="kick it off"]Why have we decided he''s playing LB?
I assumed he would be playing on Right Mid with everyone else staying where they were rather than mucking several players around into diff positions....
[/quote]
The way the team was announced. It read: Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Bassong, Whittaker, Pilkington, Fer, Johnson, Olsson, Howson, Hooper. Assuming that is read right to left, the formation would look like
                  Ruddy
Martin Turner Bassong Whittaker
Pilkington Fer Johnson Olsson
                 Howson
                 Hooper

Yeah I''d just realised that.
That doesn''t make much sense to me to play him there when he''s very good at going forward on the right, I''d rather see him given a go on the right wing as I think he may actually be pretty good in that role.

Seeing as Whittaker has a goal and an assist (sort of) in a team that has only scored six goals, I''d stick him at right midfield.

We''re going to get tonked today anyway. May as well select the tea lady, with the car park attendant to come on as sub in the 87th minute.

It makes decent sense to me, Whittaker was brought in as a player who could play pretty much across the back or in midfield. Garrido has been a bit iffy, and with Snod and Redmond injured midweek it makes sense if Olsson plays wide left.

Obviously we wait and see how they actually line up, and more importantly how they play, but for me it is nit-picking to moan too much about that line-up.

Happy enough with this. To be fair to hughton, which I know isn''t allowed!?, not sure what else he could do given all the injuries and quality of the opposition

Man City: Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Nastasic,

Clichy, Nasri, Fernandinho, Toure, Silva, Aguero, Negredo. Subs: Hart, Richards,

Lescott, Milner, Dzeko, Kolarov, Jesus Navas.---Norwich: Ruddy, Martin, Turner, Bassong, Olsson, Johnson,

Whittaker, Howson, Fer, Pilkington, Hooper. Subs: Bunn, Hoolahan, Elmander,

Garrido, Becchio, Ryan Bennett, Murphy.

---Referee: Phil Dowd (Staffordshire)

[quote user="morty"]Hughton could discover a cure for cancer and still get wrong from some people.[/quote]Yep. Should have found a cure for HIV/AIDS as well!!!!