Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Could crowd influence our display

Reading the article by Worthy today when he said he did not really want to know the scores from the fans tomorrow I was wondering if any crowd reaction would influence the way the players performed.  With us having three other teams to worry about any loud cheer from the supporters could mistakingly be taken by the players that all three teams are losing when in fact we could be losing ourselves one of the other teams are losing (hence the cheer) but the other two are drawing (hence we then down).  Would any crowd reaction tomorrow have any affect on our players and is this then really in our best interests.  What do you think.  

You can''t worry about the other teams, it is up to us to the best for our team as we know three points will mean we can''t be caught. Obviously the other scores will be banded around but I won''t listen to them. After all last week I heard Palace were 3-1 up and Kiraly and Johnson had been sent off

Read that article too and can''t believe it - I haven''t been a big critic of NW but I do feel his management team MUST be keeping an eye on other results.

What if we have the scenario that West Brom finish five minutes before us because we have had a few stoppages etc, they have won and we are drawing -  we would surely want to pile every body forward if a draw is no good for us.

I am greatly surprised - I agree that it will be difficult to pick up from the crowd exactly what has happened. I just hope NW is bluffing and he will in fact be fully aware of the other games.

Mark .Y.

Worthy has it right thou, we win and we all celebrate.

no-one will care what the other games scores were (untill about 3months of partying had worn off!)

Aslong as we win, i wouldnt care if palace won 5-0 or lost 5-0