Sign in to follow this  
Buster Douglas

The EPL

Is this what football is supposed to be about?? Both Manchester teams winning by 3 goals after 25 mins against two similar sized teams!!!

In my opinion the Premiership is getting to be a joke. Its seems its a league of the haves and have nots. I know we''ll never go back to the good ol days of any decent team having a chance of winning the league but to me unless you are bankrolled by a multi billionaire its pointless! However I would hate us to be owned by some anonymous Russian or Middle eastern sheikh.

For all the debate that is going on about our manager, who the hell is going to be able to get us near the champions league?? No one obviously!!

I for one have lost all excitement about watching City in the Prem and when we got promoted I said to those close to me personally that I would rather watch us have a chance of winning more games that we played than hoping that we don''t lose every week!

Thanks Sky, Abramovich, the glazers, the sheikhs at man city for ruining a game I loved!

ahh yes our form is clearly the fault of the premier league and nothing to do with clueless chris

no ones expecting us to get near the champions league, however we shouldnt be in the bottom three and playing like a blind school 11 either

no, we have to look forward to gradually building as a club, with consistent mid table finished slowly building the reputation and money in the bank to attract better players, allowing us to challenge for europe eventually

although hughton is clearly not the man for the job

Don''t despair we have beaten ManU, ManC, Arsenal, Spurs Nd Everton and held Chelsea to a draw since we won ptomotion. We are just in a very dark place at the moment ... As are Fulham.

The new boy, my point is that we (and many clubs of our similar size) are never going to be challenging for things that really matter in this league. I think that was pretty obvious. I don''t know how old you are but I remember Forrest and Villa winning not only tthe League but Euro champs as well and they did it by building good sides and not being bankrolled to buy the best players on the World market!!

Please understand I am Norwich thru and thru but get well pished off with this league as we have absolutely no chance of acheiving anything in it!

EPL I think that you are spot on - I have supported Norwich through thick and thin for over 50 years, but so far this season all the fun has been taken out of watching Norwich.

I would rather we were playing in the Championship and at least winning a few games against teams of a similar standard.

When you look at Man City today they do not have one English player in the team, no wonder we fear for the future of the English team,

They may as well take the word ''English'' out of the Premier League for it surely no longer is such.

It is stupid focusing on what we can''t achieve (which is the league title and champions league football).

What we can achieve is:

1) The FA Cup

2) The League Cup

3) The Europa League

And with the right manager, over a longer term, 6th place and Europa League qualification without a cup final. Nobody has bankrolled Everton over the past decade, neither did Lerner put much money into Villa (two consecutive top 6 finishes). Although they were mismanaged.

Our problem is that we don''t have the right manager to achieve those three achievable things, or even to stay in this division and in contention.

That is the issue that we need to address right now. What''s the point in thinking about the top level, when we have several levels to reach first. Becoming a team with a manager capable of staying up should be our immediate concern.

Football clubs have always been "bankrolled" though, and Nottm Forest WERE the rich boys of their generation. They achieved the success, built the fanbase, made the money, and spent it on £1m players many times when nobody else was spending £1m on a player. (including Fashanu, the first £1m black player).

Arsenal and Man Utd are rich because of their success, is unfair to compare them with Chelsea and Man City.

Tottenham are extremely well managed, Daniel Levy treats transfers as the main source of income for Spurs. Just two of last seasons top seven have sugar daddy''s, so sorry don''t really get your point.