Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

match thread

[quote user="canary forever"]How many hughton inners have become outers in the past couple of hours. Some of his most fervent supporters have now turned. Even Morty is back tracking like his life depends on it

I for one am now an outer[/quote]
Sorry, backtracking?
I shall repeat what i have been saying for some time now, he had the next two home games to save his job. I based this opinion on fully expecting to lose today. But if the players are playing like he has lost them, then he has to go now.
Sorry if this disappoints you and you wanted me to defend hughton. I have supported him to the point i did as i thought he needed at least ten games this season. Based on who we have played, and injuries i was willing to give him the two home games, to see if recent performance improvement turned into wins.
Thats not backtracking in the slightest, i think that most have been way too knee jerk in calling for his head before we even kicked a ball this season.

Bassong has been appalling, hardly the Captains display needed.

Sorry Chris but this is it for me, thanks for last season, but I think this is goodbye.

The only way it could be worse is if Hughton comes out and announces he has signed a 70 year contract with the club dressed as a mermaid with scallops on his ti ts.

There are a few names out there worth a sniff.

Di Mateo, Hoddle . . .

Or we could try and get Bruce.

Anything, but anything has got to be better than feeling this crap!

I''ve been prepared to stick with CH but after this I''m afraid, as Chicken says, that if we give him the next 2 home games and we don''t get 6 points it may be too late. Time for McNally to take a gamble but I''m extremely worried about who should replace CH.

Who replaces Hughton? Well the last time we shipped 7 and sacked our manager we appointed the manager of the team who stuffed us. So step forward Pellagrino!

Otherwise, we can look forward to being linked to Pulis, Coleman, Holloway, Keane, Di Matteo, Di Canio.....

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary forever"]How many hughton inners have become outers in the past couple of hours. Some of his most fervent supporters have now turned. Even Morty is back tracking like his life depends on it

Sorry, backtracking?
I shall repeat what i have been saying for some time now, he had the next two home games to save his job. I based this opinion on fully expecting to lose today. But if the players are playing like he has lost them, then he has to go now.
Sorry if this disappoints you and you wanted me to defend hughton. I have supported him to the point i did as i thought he needed at least ten games this season. Based on who we have played, and injuries i was willing to give him the two home games, to see if recent performance improvement turned into wins.
Thats not backtracking in the slightest, i think that most have been way too knee jerk in calling for his head before we even kicked a ball this season.
[/quote]I expect him to walk Morty. Today will be to much for him IMO.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary forever"]How many hughton inners have become outers in the past couple of hours. Some of his most fervent supporters have now turned. Even Morty is back tracking like his life depends on it

Sorry, backtracking?
[/quote]I expect him to walk Morty. Today will be to much for him IMO.[/quote]he wont walk away form his pay off

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary forever"]How many hughton inners have become outers in the past couple of hours. Some of his most fervent supporters have now turned. Even Morty is back tracking like his life depends on it

Sorry, backtracking?
[/quote]I expect him to walk Morty. Today will be to much for him IMO.[/quote]
Yeah i think youre probably right.

Well at least he sorted out our defence like he said he would!

Oh wait…… no……. this is now the most we''ve shipped in a single game since our return to the EPL in this regime.

Dear oh dear.

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="canary forever"]How many hughton inners have become outers in the past couple of hours. Some of his most fervent supporters have now turned. Even Morty is back tracking like his life depends on it

Sorry, backtracking?
I shall repeat what i have been saying for some time now, he had the next two home games to save his job. I based this opinion on fully

expecting to lose today. But if the players are playing like he has lost them, then he has to go now.
[/quote]I expect him to walk Morty. Today will be to much for him IMO.[/quote]he wont walk away form his pay off[/quote]

"Terminated by mutual agreement" would probably do it.

Can''t really defend him or the team after today. Yes I expected us to lose, but that was simply pathetic

It''s now obvious that Hughtons negativity has affected the players and they don''t seem to have a clue what they are meant to be doing. They still have to take a big part of the blame though as they were individually awful. We need a fresh face in quickly

Grant holt tweeted;

@BigGrantHolt: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD #NCFC fans at the game...Get on the pitch...Steal corner flags...Poo on the pen spot...Do what you can to postpone it!!

Haha still love you big man!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="canary forever"]How many hughton inners have become outers in the past couple of hours. Some of his most fervent supporters have now turned. Even Morty is back tracking like his life depends on it

Sorry, backtracking?
[/quote]Fair reply Monty.It''s all got too hysterical on here. I think most people wanted Chris Hughton to succeed but like you I think he''s reached the end of the road now

That was nice of him to clap the visiting fans after the game. He knows he''s finished, and I think that shows class.

We need a manager with fire in his belly to inspire the players in these supposed no-win games, and who will restore confidence in the team. We need attacking strategies that get the ball to the strikers before they''re double covered.

I guess we''re no longer 3 points from 9th place.

He hasn''t got the character to lift the morale of the players. Confidence right now is very very low. We need a new manager to lift the spirits of the players and the club.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I was unable to see the match, but looking at the table, it is no worse than I would have expected except for the goal difference. But following on BBC live score and this thread, it makes me wonder if the players can lift themselves quickly enough for the coming home games.

If Hughton does not possess the ability to inspire or motivate the players as most people seem to think, I wonder where the unbeaten run came from last season.

Over to you Mr. McNally.

Look on the bright side.

At least 2 own goals, butter fingered keeper, 1 clearly offside… all of that couldn''t happen again could it …