Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Hughton In/Out Recount

I don''t think there''s any of our own fans that can''t recognize there are problems, even LDC seems to have joined the dark side. I think it''s more that people (myself included) are wanting to give him time to get it right after he''s just been backed with the biggest transfer kitty we''ve ever seen. He seems to have spent it very well and it would be a shame to have someone else come in and perform major surgery on the squad yet again when Hughton has spent the last 16 months bringing in his own players, especially as there have been signs of improvement in recent performances, last night aside.

Just for the sake of balance and Man U fans not entirely happy with their lot either.

"No its no reason to get excited, we beat a Norwich B Team

At least we did not lose, Norwich came to win.

First game we win convincingly and the opposition is suddenly rubbish.

A Norwich team with 8 changes from saturday, Says it all, nevertheless it''s an improved performance."

I enjoyed myself last night in good banter we''re the left side, fat boy in the exec box, bring on the murph, 6 items for a tender, you''re even quieter than the emirates sort of way. But the quality of football and effort levels from the boys in yellow (ok white) were worrying. That was a decent away support under any circumstances let alone a Tuesday night away reserve game, and I think we were short changed.

High ton stood there kinda like Maclaren without the brolly unable to influence anything. I don''t think he''s totally inept, just don''t think he''s the right guy to properly establish us in the prem, so lets make the change now

I''ve been an inner all the way and was an inner at the last ''count.''

I never expected a result at OT but the capitulation there and then the very fact that i now have so little expectations has caused me to think again.

It pains me to say but i''ll give him 2 home games where only 6 points will do.

My worry is that the players are starting to lose belief in themselves. Lambert wouldn''t let a player on the bus if they weren''t going to Old Trafford or Anfield to WIN. Now it seems like they''ve lost the faith and are losing belief in what they are doing such that they''re expecting - even if they say otherwise - to get a hiding at places like Old Trafford. And that''s down to only one man who seems so unwilling to try anything other than one approach and system.

The man is maybe the most decent honourable and honest guy working in football today and if he went it would probably be the first EPL sacking where fans want him gone while being genuinely sad about it at the same time.

Out out out there is no way back after a year of watching drivel he has shown incapable of being able to make a timely and correct substitution or have a plan B

He is truly truly awful

I could give you a long winded answer but cant be bothered. I am100% in. Fully behind hughton. unless we are playing dire football and not creating anything and we are adrift of the pack above the bottom 3 then he stays for me. Sadly for some fans even if we stayed up and won the fa cup he would not be good enough. Hughton sadly will be remembered as the manager post lambert as will probably moyes at utd. that was not like the last man because .... xy and z. becareful what you wish for is all I say.

I can see hughton going and city returning to championship. A lot want to drive hughton out of the club and I think its a very sad situation. Hughton is a quality manager. If we do end up back sat in mid table in the championship I will probably take a back seat after 15 odd years of following us home and away. I am just tired of a lot of supporters. We have come a long way. Our club died and got brought back to life 4 years ago. We are in the hardest league in the world ffs.

Hughton in for me 100% but I hope the board sack him now because I am tired of this all now. these so called know it all fans need their wish and our return to the championship where quite frankly they belong.

I have seen this demise when walker left, then last time Worthington and now this. Go on put me out of my misery so I can go shopping at 3 pm with the wife instead on a Saturday.

I am tired of this all hughton out.

But personally its hughton in.

JF wrote the following post at 30/10/2013 9:03 PM:

Just reading through the Man Utd forum on their opinions of last nights game and these are a few of the comments. God how depressing must it be supporting Norwich. Makes me feel guilty for the moaning I''ve been doing this season, that performance was diabolical. Players seemed to have stopped playing for Hughton,only a matter of time. They can see it but still some of our own fans can''t? 

------------------------

of course its always good to get an opinion of other fans from ONE game. I wonder what Cardiff fans thought after Saturday then because we battered them first half and it was so obvious that the players want to play for him.

Out

We have the exact same problems game, after game, after game, after game, after game. Pretty much every national match report features the line "The Norwich striker was isolated". We cannot score, we never have been able to, this is not a new problem, this a problem that has baffled Hughton for over a year. The somewhat improved defence is now looking pretty dreadful. We give up in games.

Hughton still has no Plan B. Completely incapable of changing a game. How often do we get points from behind? Never.

We''re just delaying the inevitable.

I''m very frustrated because Hughton''s nearly a GREAT manager, and I really like the bloke. What worries me are 3 things:-

1.) How many games before he tells the wingers to cut back in for RvW and Hooper when they get themselves in a great position??? - keep seeing week after week Pilks, Redmond etc going for glory when the strikers are unmarked. Not blaming Pilks etc for wanting a go but sometimes you need to recognise the likely better option.

2.) Motivation towards the end of the matches. We seem to get right back into it and then stop, just letting our heads drop, sort of falling apart at times.

3.) This is the most worrying. I think we''ve played some VERY good football of late and the Hughton/player criticisms have been way out of line BUT that''s my big worry - if we can''t win when we''re playing well, what''s gonna happen when we''re not?!.

That said, I think it''s important to back the manager and (always) the players - if by the end of November things have not changed I''ll just concede Hughton sadly doesn''t have that luck with us, but I hope it comes as I desperately want him to do well, especially now that he''s playing more attacking football.

We really need a RE-RE-RECOUNT or until the Inners get the result they so obviously and desperately need![^o)]

In still. Still have faith in him as a manager and a man.Mcleish and Coleman are the front runners for the Palace job, that is depressing! Still don''t think I see an alternative available Manager who I think is a better fit long-term.

[quote user="hertfordyellow"]In still. Still have faith in him as a manager and a man.

Mcleish and Coleman are the front runners for the Palace job, that is depressing! Still don''t think I see an alternative available Manager who I think is a better fit long-term.
[/quote]

I''ve spent a long time thinking about whether i''m in or out and the merits and otherwise of the current manager, without letting the issue of "the replacement" cloud the judgement of whether or not Hughton''s time has run.

But it''s very true that the options are limited. I''d be very depressed if i was a Palace fan. Who on earth are they going to get? They''re probably going to have to bite the bullet and take someone like Pulis, who they almost certainly don''t want long term but have few other options. Where are the dynamic exciting managers? Few and far between is the answer. Hughton is cautions but jesus, he''s better than McLeish or Pulis. So while i''m starting to turn from in to out, i wouldn''t want to see him forced out only for us to get someone a lot worse.

When we were scouting for Lambert''s replacement the name i pushed repeatedly was Alan Curbishley. Much was made of his long absence from the game and i can''t say if that''s necessarily going to mean he won''t be considered. Why would it? Of all the options he is one of very few i can think of who wouldn''t bore us to death and consign us to a slow painful slide in to the Championship in the way that McLeish would!

There may not be too many obvious replacements for Palace because even their own chairman admits they are out of their depth at this level so the pool of managers available to them is likely to be limited because their relegation is quite likely and no manager really wants that on his cv.

I would like to think that with our squad and being more established at this level our relegation is less likely (although still a possibility) and the job would be a more attractive proposition to managers, not hugely admittedly but surely a bit more attractive.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Knob.[/quote]

Non Entity.

[/quote]
Worst. Insult. Ever.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Knob.[/quote]

Non Entity.

[/quote]
Worst. Insult. Ever.
[/quote]I know.I cried[:''(]

In. just. But we need six points from west ham and crystal palace. Even then, i think hughton needs to get a point at st james park and at least put on a good performance at the etihad.

best of luck to him, but in truth I think he''ll be gone by December.

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]

I could give you a long winded answer but cant be bothered. I am100% in. Fully behind hughton. unless we are playing dire football and not creating anything and we are adrift of the pack above the bottom 3 then he stays for me. Sadly for some fans even if we stayed up and won the fa cup he would not be good enough. Hughton sadly will be remembered as the manager post lambert as will probably moyes at utd. that was not like the last man because .... xy and z. becareful what you wish for is all I say.

I can see hughton going and city returning to championship. A lot want to drive hughton out of the club and I think its a very sad situation. Hughton is a quality manager. If we do end up back sat in mid table in the championship I will probably take a back seat after 15 odd years of following us home and away. I am just tired of a lot of supporters. We have come a long way. Our club died and got brought back to life 4 years ago. We are in the hardest league in the world ffs.

[/quote]

I can really sympathise with this view.   However - and I have been as fed up with the "Hughton out" stuff as you are BGHL - the PL is a pressure cooker and with goals still not happening, the kind of performance we had on Tuesday does increase that pressure.   I still would like him to succeed,  but performances have to carry on showing improvements and although it was only the capital cup,   that performance only made things worse. 

Rationally,  it was a weakened team,  but it was still an awful watch - hardly what we needed given the circumstances.   The league performances have been better and I hope we get a reaction on Saturday and see a better performance.   I fear though that if we don''t, the pressure will increase further and the Wet Spam game will become a watershed.   

I''ve said previously I''m an "in" and I stick by that - but only if the performances carry on improving.   Manure was not helpful in the least - probably best forgotten now - but if the WH/CP matches don''t yield at least a goal or two or we drop points against them, we will start to become adrift in the bottom three.

The pressure is well and truly on.   I hope we can start to pick up points - and we need to, whoever the manager is - but  the writing is on the wall for CH - improve the results or risk losing the fans completely.   The well being of the club is the most important thing and with barely any goals going in and a support base that is getting more and more frustrated, the next month is going to be "interesting".   The next few weeks will show us how strong Hughton and his players are - they have to improve and start getting a goal or two.