Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Hughton In/Out Recount

Still fence sitting, but the wind is pushing me towards the In side until the wind changes I''m leaning that way.........but fail to beat West Ham, then I''m definately falling in the Out side of the fence, I hate West Ham, actually I have a thing about all clubs who wear claret & blue, don''t like Villa or Burnley much either.

In. And I would choose him to take us up again if we do go down. <picks up tin hat>I don''t really see how last night''s game has that much relevance, given it was a cup match and half the team weren''t regular starters. I would concede there''s a point to be made about risking first team players in an unimportant match, as sadly proved to be the case, although for me, whoever CH picked, the outers would have criticised him.

Out and has been since Hull away.....not sure why anyones stance on what they thought before last night should change either way afterwards?

when we go behind in a game, Hughton can''t instill a belief into the team that we can get back into it.................on the very rare occasions where we are on the front foot have have the intiative in a match, he can''t make the necessary tactical alterations & substitution to force it home and get the win.

deficient in most in-game scenarios.....must go before its too late and leaves the next man with too much to do.

IN

Last night doesn''t change anything.

1) A Man Utd team on the up after two wins

2) Its the league performances that are convincing me to stay calm. Eventually goals have to go in

Then again, if they don''t, then we have to decide what to do

In, for the time being at least. I''m buying my popcorn now in advance of the meltdown on here, for surely it''s written in the stars that we''ll draw at Man City?I do however find it odd that many of the outers seem to still trust McNally to do the right thing when it was him who oversaw Hughton''s appointment in the first place!

[quote user="Herman "]I am on the fourth stage of grief, verging on the fifth.[/quote]Trackie bottoms and a big tub of Ben and Jerrys?

100 per cent out, he has ran out of ideas, I can see no reasons for keeping him. We need fresh ideas.

I just dont know.

Zippers left foot wrote;

Last seasons performances were much worse than this, so, for me, we have definitely improved - but is it by enough, how much more can we improve and will it be quick enough? The injuries are really not helping.

Defeats against Arsenal, Chelsea ManU and Man Citeh are woeful barometers.

Its the remaining Nov games that will be crucial.

I was in last count but now the above. In but waiting for a result in November to reassure me.

Very surprised by this count. So far support for Hughton seems to have increased after last night (using this very small sampled thread as proof). As I said, overall feeling on the board when I looked this morning was of a move to Hughton out from previous inners. Perhaps people have calmed down and are thinking more rationally before? Perhaps the outers arent frequenting the site at present. Hard to understand why support would increase when most fans seem unhappy with last nights performance (disregarding the result). Sympathy vote? Rallying round? Very surprising tally so far. As I said Im still an Inner at present, just wanted to see if opinions had changed based on last night. Didnt expect it to have changed in this direction. Small sample at present though

In still, but if we lose to West Ham or are still in the relegation zone by final whistle at the Palace game I would say he has to go.

I''m starting to feel like his sacking is a slowly increasing inevitability. I''m not sure how I feel about that, I will still feel sorry for him and wished it had worked out (still hoping it does) but after the last week I''m starting to think that feeling may be tempered with relief.

I said i''d give him 10 league games and I stick by it.

But unless there is a miracle at the etihad then it''s OUT.

"morty""Herman "I am on the fourth stage of grief, verging on the fifth.

Trackie bottoms and a big tub of Ben and Jerrys?

:-)

A few weepies on DVD and box of kleenex*.

*For tears.

Out. Out. Out and Out.

How he is still getting support from some fans I do not know. How bad will things have to be before the penny drops?

Unless you''re (very) easily pleased, Hughton has to go. Period.

Sorry to say that after watching last night''s no show, it seemed clear to me the players were playing well within themselves. From that I conclude all is not as it should be, From that I conclude Hughton is not the man to take us forward. I wouldn''t have minded last night so much if Man U had been blindingly good but they weren''t. It might "only" be a league cup game, but Man U pressed us all over the pitch and won by having more belief and putting in more effort. The ref, lino, snoddy injury don''t disguise that we were toothless.

Hughton out.

[quote user="morty"]In.But he has two more home games.[/quote][Y]I still don''t think last night was that bad. Sure, it was in regards to performance and injuries. But for me, all it did was 2 things;1) Got us knocked out of a cup we don''t really want to be in; and2) Confirm that our second string players are not playing first team football for a very good reason.I still think things are looking up. But they need to reflect it on the scoreboard soon.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="morty"]In.But he has two more home games.[/quote][Y]I still don''t think last night was that bad. Sure, it was in regards to performance and injuries. But for me, all it did was 2 things;1) Got us knocked out of a cup we don''t really want to be in; and2) Confirm that our second string players are not playing first team football for a very good reason.I still think things are looking up. But they need to reflect it on the scoreboard soon.[/quote]You know what? I really enjoyed my night last night, despite the result.

Just reading through the Man Utd forum on their opinions of last nights game and these are a few of the comments.

God how depressing must it be supporting Norwich. Makes me feel guilty for the moaning I''ve been doing this season, that performance was diabolical.

Players seemed to have stopped playing for Hughton,only a matter of time.

They can see it but still some of our own fans can''t?