Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Hoots words after game

Norwich manager Chris Hughton, speaking to BBC Sport: "It

was difficult from start to finish. We knew the quality they had and

they showed that today. You have to be resilient but you can''t concede

the goals we did. For our standards they were too soft, except the Yaya

Toure free kick and one that was offside. We are conceding goals, we

need to stop that and stop it straightaway.

"The fact they got their goals early put us on the back foot.

Going in at half time at 2-0 there is a lot to grasp hold of but it

gets to a stage when you fear it because every time they attacked you

fear it might be a goal. That certainly affects performance, but it can

only be us who puts things right.

"I have confidence in my own ability and in the players in

the changing room. We have been in this position before, although not

after a defeat like we have had today. We need to put it to bed as

quickly as possible and be far better next week. It is hurting at this

moment, we have supporters who travelled to Manchester in midweek and

travelled here and we have let them down today.

Russell Martin now on Radio Norfolk says they are "humiliated and embarrassed.  We deserve what we get".  Came across as genuinely upset and hurt.A bit more honest than Hughton, who came across as rather passionless in his BBC interview.

[quote user="Robert911"]

Norwich manager Chris Hughton, speaking to BBC Sport: "It was difficult from start to finish. We knew the quality they had and they showed that today. You have to be resilient but you can''t concede the goals we did. For our standards they were too soft, except the Yaya Toure free kick and one that was offside. We are conceding goals, we need to stop that and stop it straightaway.

"The fact they got their goals early put us on the back foot. Going in at half time at 2-0 there is a lot to grasp hold of but it gets to a stage when you fear it because every time they attacked you fear it might be a goal. That certainly affects performance, but it can only be us who puts things right.

"I have confidence in my own ability and in the players in the changing room. We have been in this position before, although not after a defeat like we have had today. We need to put it to bed as quickly as possible and be far better next week. It is hurting at this moment, we have supporters who travelled to Manchester in midweek and travelled here and we have let them down today.[/quote]

You wish Chris [;)]

[quote user="Wazzy van Donkeydangler"][quote user="Robert911"]

Norwich manager Chris Hughton, speaking to BBC Sport: "It was difficult from start to finish. We knew the quality they had and they showed that today. You have to be resilient but you can''t concede the goals we did. For our standards they were too soft, except the Yaya Toure free kick and one that was offside. We are conceding goals, we need to stop that and stop it straightaway.

"The fact they got their goals early put us on the back foot. Going in at half time at 2-0 there is a lot to grasp hold of but it gets to a stage when you fear it because every time they attacked you fear it might be a goal. That certainly affects performance, but it can only be us who puts things right.

"I have confidence in my own ability and in the players in the changing room. We have been in this position before, although not after a defeat like we have had today. We need to put it to bed as quickly as possible and be far better next week. It is hurting at this moment, we have supporters who travelled to Manchester in midweek and travelled here and we have let them down today.[/quote]

You wish Chris [;)]

[/quote]