Sign in to follow this  
ARCHIEGEMMELL

Why Hughton Must Remain At The Healm

We played a very slick and deadly City team today who managed to convert seven out of their ten shots on target...quite devastating to be fair!

A multi-million pound bunch of footballing talent who are expected and with good reason to be pulling in the silverware both home and away this season.

We are still very much a work in progress and missing vital players today in Redmond,Snodgrass,wolfy and Tettey...we stood no chance today to be quite honest.

We have played our first ten games consisting of teams like Chelsea,Arsenal,City and Spurs and with no surprises lost them all. If anybody actually thought we would be taking points off these teams at full strength and playing 3 of the 4 matches away from home then I am not the deluded one!

We got a very good and respected draw against Everton and beat Stoke and a very talented Southampton team! Now...my only grovel this season has been our performances against Hull,Villa

and only managing a point against Cardiff when to be fair we had enough of the game to absolutely batter them. The Villa defeat involved a farcical penalty situation and a very contentious penalty decision go against us in the Hull game...to my knowledge their one and only shot on our goal!

For me...and I am not into knee jerk reactions this early into a season will be in our next eight games seven of which we should be looking to pick up some much needed points in.

Come the Man U game if we are still in this position then I will also be calling for Hughton''s head but at this moment in my opinion it''s absolute suicide!

We need unity and the fans getting behind both the manager and the team for the visit of a struggling West Ham and we should be nested on 11 points come the end of this game.

This is my opinion so feel free to debate it...

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]We played a very slick and deadly City team today who managed to convert seven out of their ten shots on target...quite devastating to be fair! A multi-million pound bunch of footballing talent who are expected and with good reason to be pulling in the silverware both home and away this season. We are still very much a work in progress and missing vital players today in Redmond,Snodgrass,wolfy and Tettey...we stood no chance today to be quite honest. We have played our first ten games consisting of teams like Chelsea,Arsenal,City and Spurs and with no surprises lost them all. If anybody actually thought we would be taking points off these teams at full strength and playing 3 of the 4 matches away from home then I am not the deluded one! We got a very good and respected draw against Everton and beat Stoke and a very talented Southampton team! Now...my only grovel this season has been our performances against Hull,Villa and only managing a point against Cardiff when to be fair we had enough of the game to absolutely batter them. The Villa defeat involved a farcical penalty situation and a very contentious penalty decision go against us in the Hull game...to my knowledge their one and only shot on our goal! For me...and I am not into knee jerk reactions this early into a season will be in our next eight games seven of which we should be looking to pick up some much needed points in. Come the Man U game if we are still in this position then I will also be calling for Hughton''s head but at this moment in my opinion it''s absolute suicide! We need unity and the fans getting behind both the manager and the team for the visit of a struggling West Ham and we should be nested on 11 points come the end of this game. This is my opinion so feel free to debate it...[/quote]

You ARE CH and I claim my £5

If you want to wait for the Man U game thats a huge gamble. Its not about ''if''s and buts", the fact is you need to look at the manor in which we drop points in games. We are demoralised and do not score goals which will win us the points.

It isn''t bad luck, only one league game in 10 have we scored more than once!!! You have to have a damn good defence to win games in that scenario.

[quote user="ARCHIEGEMMELL"]We played a very slick and deadly City team today who managed to convert seven out of their ten shots on target...quite devastating to be fair!

A multi-million pound bunch of footballing talent who are expected and with good reason to be pulling in the silverware both home and away this season.

We are still very much a work in progress and missing vital players today in Redmond,Snodgrass,wolfy and Tettey...we stood no chance today to be quite honest.

We have played our first ten games consisting of teams like Chelsea,Arsenal,City and Spurs and with no surprises lost them all. If anybody actually thought we would be taking points off these teams at full strength and playing 3 of the 4 matches away from home then I am not the deluded one!

We got a very good and respected draw against Everton and beat Stoke and a very talented Southampton team! Now...my only grovel this season has been our performances against Hull,Villa

and only managing a point against Cardiff when to be fair we had enough of the game to absolutely batter them. The Villa defeat involved a farcical penalty situation and a very contentious penalty decision go against us in the Hull game...to my knowledge their one and only shot on our goal!

For me...and I am not into knee jerk reactions this early into a season will be in our next eight games seven of which we should be looking to pick up some much needed points in.

Come the Man U game if we are still in this position then I will also be calling for Hughton''s head but at this moment in my opinion it''s absolute suicide!

We need unity and the fans getting behind both the manager and the team for the visit of a struggling West Ham and we should be nested on 11 points come the end of this game.

This is my opinion so feel free to debate it...[/quote]

Why should the fans get behind the manager when A) he is useless, and B) the players won''t even get behind him.

If the players won''t play for him that says it all, and will have to go.
But I felt they tried against Cardiff and in the previous games the performances had been there. So if that is the case something has gone south very quickly. Perhaps frustration of not going for it more against Cardiff when we had them on the ropes.