Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

If you ignore the 10 game unbeaten run and..

...the games where the opposition were on the beach together with the games where the players revolted against Hughton we have won no games at all since Lambert left. None whatsoever. Zippetyziltch.

The issues are

1) this Callander year we have won only a handful of games

2) the manner in which we play is far to cautious

This is what seems to be the main points of concern re Hughton. He is clearly articulate and presents a good image of the club but unless the above gets sorted soon then his days will be numbered

At this stage I still think he has the good will and backing of smith and jones as well as mcnasty

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

...the games where the opposition were on the beach together with the games where the players revolted against Hughton we have won no games at all since Lambert left. None whatsoever. Zippetyziltch.

[/quote]Nigel, I''m not about to take any credit away from Hughton for the 10 game run.

Our run (10 game aside) hasnt been good enough. You''d agree on that surely?

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Nigel, I''m not about to take any credit away from Hughton for the 10 game run.

Our run (10 game aside) hasnt been good enough. You''d agree on that surely? [/quote]Thats exactly the point of his post lol.Its a sarcastic poke at people who say "ignore the good run, apart from that, its pretty terrible"People can''t just leave out chunks of seasons because it suits the point they are trying to make.

If it wasn''t for those good results we got last season we would probably have been relegated.[;)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Not even close, WH. We won probably 30 - 40 more games under Lambert.[/quote]

No, I think you''ll find it''s 12-12

[quote user="Robert911"]Giving Hughton a 25% win ratio and Lambert a 31% win ratio.... [/quote]A mere 6% between messiah and abject failure, fine margin indeed.

Brilliant. If you ignore the three goals Chelsea scored we beat them. And did the players revolt? And were WBA and Citeh " on the beach " and is this thread in any way credulous? What a stupid supposition.

[quote user="star_manic"]Brilliant. If you ignore the three goals Chelsea scored we beat them. And did the players revolt? And were WBA and Citeh " on the beach " and is this thread in any way credulous? What a stupid supposition.[/quote]I may be wrong, but I suspect you''re missing the obvious mickey taking / sarcasm?

So what you''re saying is Warren, it''s taken Hughton 47 games to win the same amount of games as Lambert won in 38.

38 games where he played the likes of Tierney, Ward, Whitbread, Ayala, Fox, Crofts, Surman, Lappin, Jackson, Morison and Wilbraham week in week out. I think only Ruddy, Cafu, the Bennett''s, Wes and Pilkington are still playing at this level, and some of those aren''t suing regularly.

Hughton has spent in excess of £40m on new players since Lambert''s departure and as your stat proves, results have gone backwards. I personally don''t think we''d be sat in the bottom 3 right now if he was still here, do you?

I''m not trying to have a go at Hughton here, but claims that his achievements are on a par with, or are better than Lambert''s are just plain daft.

Why would anyone want to ignore one of the best runs we have had for years?  It was brilliant at the time. As were the last two matches.  However, last season has gone and like it or not, we finished a very respectable 11th. 

This season is a whole new ball game.   New players - and every other team has upped their game too.  This season is all that is relevant. 

But ignore success? 

Why would you?   [:^)]

That 10 game run was a year ago, shows how poor he and we have been since when people are still clinging on to it in his defence. As for the beach comment, well we will find out tomorrow how we fare against them with a manager in place and something to play for wont we?

It''s the same as you guys saying 6 out of 30 is relegation form. 21 of those games were last season with a team in transition. So personally those 21 are irrelevant.

2 out of 9 is the important stat. The manager has the majority of his team in place and should be judged accordingly. Is it good enough? No, not really.

The 21 games a far from irrelevant, it highlights his inability to change it about and stop the rot when it started to go wrong, that is when a manager shows his quality.

So basically the only stats that are relevant are the ones that prove Hughton is crap!?

Or does the 10 game prove that he has the slightest bit of capability? Or was it a fluke?

It was a good run and he deserves credit for it whatever peoples current views are.

There is no doubt nutty has uncovered a worrying issue here, but like most members of the younger generation he doesn''t go back nearly far enough. If it hadn''t been for non-league Ilford being "on the beach" (at Clacton presumably) in November 1958 we would never have enjoyed that famous FA Cup run.

And the same old culprits at it agains this week, those who want Hughton out posting Stats, those who want a debate derailed, those who are behind Hughton even after a poor perfromance against Man U (Admire & respect Morty for his travel and views) and now we have the weekly fishing post from Nutty and he has caught a few yet again! And other who rally round Nutty to keep having digs.

Now we have the ususal Friday when we all start to discuss tomorrows game which will no doubt go from a debate to a Hughton in/out debat and finally end up in a another Them against Us!

Jeeps some things will never change, including the same old players inteviews, this time we have Martin stating they are going to cut out the defenceive charity, really why today a day before you play the side who have the biggest attacking options in this league and having just lost to Chelsea! Why not keep quiet on that and prove it on the pitch, might come back to bite you on the bum Russell shold City hit us for 6 yet again!

Same old Same old.........I think a message board meet up in Norwich would be rather fun! so many different types on here I bet in a pub we would all be best of pals!