Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

That 25 million..

I''ll keep it short and simple. Maybe we have put too much stock in the 25 mill we spent. With all the tv money it seems that we maybe haven''t got a leg up on our rivals but instead just kept level par with them.

Maybe we need to stop pointing at the transfers as such a big deal. After all everyone else got that money too.

Strange and annoyed Hull are doing so well again. Especially when Bruce was in awe of our squad.

Our nett spend was one of the highest in Europe and it was spent extremely wisely, Fer for £4m ish is an absolute steal for example. We should have made a leap forward this year, hopefully we still do.

The sad thing is, does anyone really question Hughton''s signings? I think most people have been happy with the quality of and the choice of players in this window. Think most would agree the 25mil has been well spent, indeed we were getting many plaudits in pre-season. Best signings in the league was banded about a number of times. He''s just not managing to get enough out of them. Hughton instilled belief in the players, made them play above their general ability. Hughton and his team dont seem to be able to get the players to perform to their level. That has to come from the coaching, tactics and management style surely. 25million well spent, but not effectively used. Its like having a ship with some powerful artillery but blind gunners behind the sights...

I think generally he did very well. But I''m yet to be convinced he is anything but a Championship level striker. RvW is still struggling as well - I''m praying his undoubted class will win through.

We''re still upwards of £100m short of the top 6 squads though.