Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Today will sort our season out

Because there are no questions to ask any more, no ifs no buts. Either we take 9 points, maybe 7 from our next three games or we get a new manager.

I think we have to find a new manager, BUT today gives us an opportunity to see how the team reacts. If you sack him on Monday they don''t get that chance because you''re wiping the slate clean. If you give them the chance to respond and we win well next week, that might start to get us back on track at least temporarily. Meantime, McNally can be out there working on a replacement. It won''t help us in the short term to be managerless for the WHU game.

[quote user="Alfie54"]Do you really think that Mcnally isn''t already searching[/quote] For the sake of my sanity I am thankful that we have McNally at the helm right now...

Only the board no the answer to this a1. I can''t see how it can be linked to any particular results we may or may not get. If the board think his time is up now then why should a win against West Ham make any difference? This is getting close to the 2 games Worthy was given which most people agreed showed no leadership whatsoever.

I''m glad I don''t have to make the decision. Although for every one of me there''s at least 20 on here who''d like to make it.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Alfie54"]Do you really think that Mcnally isn''t already searching[/quote] For the sake of my sanity I am thankful that we have McNally at the helm right now...[/quote]

At what point would Hughton''s tenure  become McNally''s fault. He''s already stood by him far longer than many who post on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="Alfie54"]Do you really think that Mcnally isn''t already searching[/quote] For the sake of my sanity I am thankful that we have McNally at the helm right now...[/quote]

At what point would Hughton''s tenure  become McNally''s fault. He''s already stood by him far longer than many who post on here.

[/quote]

Hi Nutty, that was a comment more aimed at the "he''ll know when CH has to call it a day and to find someone new". Not intended to place the ''blame'' for CH''s tensure at all, I think most Norwich fans honestly wanted it to work out. Unfortunately it is now crystal clear that we are in a negative, downward spiral and that change is required.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Hi Nutty, that was a comment more aimed at the "he''ll know when CH has to call it a day and to find someone new". Not intended to place the ''blame'' for CH''s tensure at all, I think most Norwich fans honestly wanted it to work out. Unfortunately it is now crystal clear that we are in a negative, downward spiral and that change is required.

[/quote]

I know buddy. But I was just wondering at what point McNally would be blamed for his continued tenure.

What difference does it make? 3 points that''s what! I think sacking him in the morning puts us in maximum turmoil. Unnecessarily in my view, even if you wanted to change the manager. Give the team and the manager the chance of a positive reaction against West Ham. I do think there''s a strong chance of a win next weekend because the team and the manager have no choice but to win if they want any chance at all of carrying on together. And whatever people say I think most of the team are behind CH still. Sacking CH right now jeopardises the chance of a win next week and we know how crucial 3 points are and could be later in the season.