Sign in to follow this  

Would you suffer a Man City tonking if?

Wiz said the West Ham game will be "pivotal".  I disagree, I think Hughton has longer. 

But if you''re going to change your manager, realistically you want to do it so he has some game time in December to assess the squad before the January transfer window.  So, if we''re still in the relegation zone by the end of November, I''d certainly view Hughton as being "at risk".

QPR made a change of manager in plenty of time last year - their problems were too deep for it to be any help.

It''s entirely possible the board have decided to stick with Hughton even if we are relegated.

Not sure I agree with your final point ICF. There are too many on the board with money and reputation to lose. If they allowed the situation to drag on into relegation in May, then their own positions would effectively become untenable in the sight of the majority of fans. At the moment they are in a strong position. If they get rid of CH and bring someone new in, then at least they can say they tried.

Wiz QPR''s problem was not when they changed the manager. Correct me if I''m wrong but if their form under Redknapp was dragged over the entire season, they still would have went down. Changing the manager didn''t work. It usually doesn''t.

a good sound 8-0 thrashing would really do the world of good and set them up nicely for the other perfectly winnable games in November, I am sure!

A draw or small losing margin playing decent football is surely the answer?

Some ''Fans'', eh? WTF. Past few games we''ve been playing well, to want us to suddenly go down hill and get tonked is absolutely shocking just to satisfy your needs and build up to a ''told you so'' post.

I hope we continue to prove we can play football but start putting the ball in the back of the net just to shut such nuggets up.

[quote user="First Wizard"]but to actually want a City defeat? Thats going a bit too far even for me.......[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]But I can''t wish for a defeat to achieve this.[/quote]Yeah, right.........[quote user="First Wizard"]Yes, I admit getting rid of Worthy is the be all of my reasons here....So come on Hull!.[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]Simply: Any other result and I believe Worthless will escape the sack

To

survive, we must lose Sunday. Yes, I know that sounds daft, but does

anyone else see or want that scenario to happen like I do?.

Come on Burnley!!, and this is he only time I will say that.

Finish the fool off, we deserve better!.[/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]For common sense in dumping the relegation

kid Duffy.. Come on  Bristol...............for all the right reasons of

course![/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Desperate times require desperate actions, so to QPR I say: Please help us ditch Grunt by beating us soundly on Monday.[/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]If it finishes Roeder, I''m going to say it.........Come On Charlton.[/quote]

Yep, you''d never want City to lose. [:S]

LOL!![:D]

I would love for us to play very well and pick up at least a draw.For hughton to turn it around for us.I would never wish for us to lose a game of football.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]but to actually want a City defeat? Thats going a bit too far even for me.......[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]But I can''t wish for a defeat to achieve this.[/quote]Yeah, right.........[quote user="First Wizard"]Yes, I admit getting rid of Worthy is the be all of my reasons here....So come on Hull!.[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]Simply: Any other result and I believe Worthless will escape the sack

To

course![/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Desperate times require desperate actions, so to QPR I say: Please help us ditch Grunt by beating us soundly on Monday.[/quote]

[quote user="First Wizard"]If it finishes Roeder, I''m going to say it.........Come On Charlton.[/quote]

[/quote]Wonder how much effort that tookloling anyway.

I would rather city did the sensible thing get rid anyway, we are on the slippery slopes imo and he is not the man to turn it round, oh dear does that make me a binner.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wizard"]but to actually want a City defeat? Thats going a bit too far even for me.......[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]But I can''t wish for a defeat to achieve this.[/quote]Yeah, right.........[quote user="First Wizard"]Yes, I admit getting rid of Worthy is the be all of my reasons here....So come on Hull!.[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]Simply: Any other result and I believe Worthless will escape the sack

To

course![/quote]

[/quote]Lapps you hero! [:D]

I want a win tomorrow and for Hughton to ultimately turn this around. I''ve expressed my disappointment at our form and I''ve bordered on being Hughton out but at the end of it all, the only thing I want is the best for City.

If Hughton (as manager!) does well, the club does well. Simples.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

It guarenteed Hughton was sacked that evening?

Now, I''ll admit, I expect a heavy defeat anyway and the offer I would find tempting, but to actually want a City defeat?

Thats going a bit too far even for me.............but what about you?

[/quote]

...I didn''t see that one coming!!!

I think the saddest thing to come out of this is the fact that someone has taken the effort to trawl up seven or eight year old quotes from Wiz. To be fair he''s been right about every one of them being wrong for the Club, even if not always in a very constructive way.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Ha ha ha ha ha! Another nail in the coffin for dear old wiz.[/quote]

And yet still I can take more..........go on, get your your hammer out puss.

I would love us to get a result akin to the last game of last season against Man City.....Will it happen? Probably not, but stranger things have happened. I live in hope, but as long as we give them a game and a good account of ourselves......There''s not much else we can do.

I do want Houghton to do well, I also fear that if he is shown the door in the not to distant future, that his appointed replacement isn''t able to produce a wonder recovery to propel us up the table.....Harry couldn''t do it, but I suppose his circumstances at QPR were somewhat different?

I certainly don''t enjoy seeing us get beat, and I don''t want a tonking. We have to start picking up decent results at all costs, otherwise, we''ll just remain in or around the relegation spots for the foreseeable future chewing our fingernails till we get to our knuckles, and if we''re still there after Christmas......we may be too far gone.....

I leave the position of Chris Hughton''s role in the hands of those that appointed him......Then, that makes them responsible and culpable if we do get relegated.....That''s why the CEO courts a decent salary..... 

MacNally didn''t flinch when it came to dumping club legend Gunn, so he certainly won''t stall with CH either imo.

I wonder how many of our lot would suffer another ten game unbeaten run if it meant Houghton got to keep his job? Reckon half you buggers would be like you''d lost a pound and found a penny.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

It guarenteed Hughton was sacked that evening?

Now, I''ll admit, I expect a heavy defeat anyway and the offer I would find tempting, but to actually want a City defeat?

Thats going a bit too far even for me.............but what about you?

[/quote]

Wiz, you are a goat and I am staring at you...

[quote user="im spartacus"]Once again my old mate Wiz the shock jock pantomime villain starts another thread that gets lots of replies, Take a bow son [;)][/quote]Agreed, lets applaud his pathetic neediness, attention seeking, and total lack of loyalty to his football team.[;)]