Sign in to follow this  

Would you suffer a Man City tonking if?

It guarenteed Hughton was sacked that evening?

Now, I''ll admit, I expect a heavy defeat anyway and the offer I would find tempting, but to actually want a City defeat?

Thats going a bit too far even for me.............but what about you?

No, I''d rather the team did well and Hughton starts turning it around. But then, I''m more worried about the fortunes of the team than continuing a bizarre vendetta.

Anyone who wants their team to lose isn''t a fan.End of story.And don''t give me a load of waffle about "greater good" or "bigger picture"

[quote user="splutcho"]No, I''d rather the team did well and Hughton starts turning it around. But then, I''m more worried about the fortunes of the team than continuing a bizarre vendetta.[/quote]

I''m just interested if any poster''s dislike of him runs that deep now.

Nah, sorry Wiz, cant get into the idea of hoping to lose, actually i''d rather that we won and CH turns out to be as succesful, or more so than Mike Walker 1st time around. Wishful thinking on my part? yes, being an optomist does mean i am sometimes disappointed but, being an optomist means that i bounce back full of hope for the next game. I want city to win all the time, cos even if we change managers, if we have won a few, it makes the new managers job easier.

i will not subscribe to nose/cutting/ face /spite.

I would rather he turned it round.

If the question was, would you take a tonking to push Hughton over the edge, get a new guy in who saves us or have a narrow loss while we slip towards relegation under Hughton, i''d take the tonking.

As others have said, Wiz, anyone who comes on here hoping for a NCFC defeat is not a true fan. You may have your thinly veiled agenda, but, that''s the way it is to most of us, it seems.

I am most certainly NOT an optimist, and really do fear for the future, but obviously I''d be grateful for any sort of reward for our trip to the Etihad. I''d truly love to see CH turn it round and have us moving up the table , but just don''t see it. I do however trust Mc Nally etc to do the correct thing if and when the time is right.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="splutcho"]No, I''d rather the team did well and Hughton starts turning it around. But then, I''m more worried about the fortunes of the team than continuing a bizarre vendetta.[/quote]

I''m just interested if any poster''s dislike of him runs that deep now.

[/quote]

I sincerely doubt that any poster''s dislike of Chris Hughton runs deeper than yours so just use yourself as the benchmark and don''t bother the rest of us with this attempted agitation.

I have to agree with others on this thread, how can any supporter ever want their club to lose? Even if we were under Roeder and in the fourth division, I would still want City to win each game, what''s the point otherwise?

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]As others have said, Wiz, anyone who comes on here hoping for a NCFC defeat is not a true fan. You may have your thinly veiled agenda, but, that''s the way it is to most of us, it seems. I am most certainly NOT an optimist, and really do fear for the future, but obviously I''d be grateful for any sort of reward for our trip to the Etihad. I''d truly love to see CH turn it round and have us moving up the table , but just don''t see it. I do however trust Mc Nally etc to do the correct thing if and when the time is right.[/quote]

Thinly veiled agenda Reggie?

I thought I was pretty transparent Reggie, I want CH gone, out on his backside or in other words sacked!

But I can''t wish for a defeat to achieve this.

I have never wanted Norwich to lose a game but there is a big difference between blind faith, hope and realism. Some might say I am pouring  sour milk on my cornflakes in the current situation but I genuinely want Hughton to succeed even though my head is giving me negative vibes.

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, give it up, nobody believes you.
[/quote]

Like I care.

I thought I was pretty transparent Reggie, I want CH gone, out on his backside or in other words sacked!

But I can''t wish for a defeat to achieve this.

[/quote]I don''t believe you Wiz.  I want him sacked but I don''t want the results to be bad enough for him to be sacked..... What kind of double talk is this??

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, give it up, nobody believes you.[/quote]

Like I care.

[/quote]Indeed.A bit of negative attention is better than no attention at all, isn''t it?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, give it up, nobody believes you.
[/quote]

Like I care.

[/quote]

Indeed.

A bit of negative attention is better than no attention at all, isn''t it?
[/quote]

It was aimed at posters like you morty.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Wiz, give it up, nobody believes you.[/quote]

Like I care.

[/quote]Indeed.A bit of negative attention is better than no attention at all, isn''t it?[/quote]

It was aimed at posters like you morty.

[/quote]Ah right, so you were trolling for attention?Thats okay then.

Ah right, so you were trolling for attention?Thats okay then.

isn''t that what message boards are about?  ... if you didn''t want a certain amount of attention you wouldn''t bother posting for others to read would you ? so i guess that makes everyone a troll ? whatever the fu(k one of them is

How right Morty is. If your first cry for attention doesn''t succeed, then try and try again....

Just to be clear on this, we all know what your agenda is, Wiz (see above) , but the "thinly veiled "reference was merely illustrating how the pretence of this being some sort of straw poll fools no-one.

[quote user="im spartacus"]Ah right, so you were trolling for attention?Thats okay then.

isn''t that what message boards are about?  ... if you didn''t want a certain amount of attention you wouldn''t bother posting for others to read would you ? so i guess that makes everyone a troll ? whatever the fu(k one of them is [/quote]There is a marked difference in starting a topic for genuine debate, and starting one knowing full well people will cane you for it, possibly with the intention of producing a victim card at some point.

Does anyone remember our results against Man City under Lambert ?  We conceded 11 goals in the 2 games.

And I still haven''t heard of a suggestion for a replacement manager that would be as good as Hughton, never mind someone who''d actually be better.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]

Does anyone remember our results against Man City under Lambert ?  We conceded 11 goals in the 2 games.

And I still haven''t heard of a suggestion for a replacement manager that would be as good as Hughton, never mind someone who''d actually be better.

[/quote]

Thats just your opinion my friend.

But first Hughton has to go...........but I think the West Ham result might be pivitol here.

Well of course it''s my opinion. I''m very dubious when people suggest managers like O''Neill who had Sunderland on course for relegation. 

If our board sack Hughton, I think they will only do it when they have a replacement already lined up.

IMO Hughton has longer than you think to sort things out.  If we''re still in the relegation zone at the end of the month, he''ll be at risk.

Agree with that ICF . But the end of the month is only 29 days away now, with 4 games in it. So the idea that he''s got "longer than you think" all rather depends on your definition of a long time.

On your other point, I''m pretty confident that, as we speak ,the board are lining up potential successors in case the axe is wielded or CH walks.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Agree with that ICF . But the end of the month is only 29 days away now, with 4 games in it. So the idea that he''s got "longer than you think" all rather depends on your definition of a long time. On your other point, I''m pretty confident that, as we speak ,the board are lining up potential successors in case the axe is wielded or CH walks.[/quote]

Didn''t QPR wait until the end of November?

That worked out well didn''t it.[:|]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Agree with that ICF . But the end of the month is only 29 days away now, with 4 games in it. So the idea that he''s got "longer than you think" all rather depends on your definition of a long time. On your other point, I''m pretty confident that, as we speak ,the board are lining up potential successors in case the axe is wielded or CH walks.[/quote]

Didn''t QPR wait until the end of November?

That worked out well didn''t it.[:|]

[/quote]

You just don''t get it Wiz, do you ?

By "it" I mean recognising the difference about what you''d like to happen and what , in all probability , WILL happen . ICF quite understandably described the end of Nov as a long time. Well, I''d describe it differently. Not a matter of right/wrong. Just different perceptions and opinions. Which , of course is another concept you seem to have difficulty in grasping.......