Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

well, as you have all bought this on yourselves....

from day 1 at the club Chris Hughton has had to deal with flack from the fans, every single game there have been sections of the crowd who win, lose or draw, have show negativity at the manager, his tactics and the players.the pressure has been heaped week after week after week. players read the comments and that spreads through the club like a virus...so well done, you''ve all got what you wanted now... but i''ve got news for you... the next manager isn''t going to hit the heights of Lambert either....he''s going to inherit a squad of demoralized, demotivated and disinterested players.. half of which would be lucky to make the bench in most premiership Reserve sides...so what next for the new man??? not getting the results come March and its "out, out out?" when will we change our focus away from the manager and blame the team? or David McNally for a poor appointment? or ourselves for thinking we are Barcelona?

although i am a hughton supporter, he knew the job he had to do and who he was following, and he''s done well......just not this week. This week is one of the worst weeks he''s had as a manager.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]although i am a hughton supporter, he knew the job he had to do and who he was following, and he''s done well......just not this week. This week is one of the worst weeks he''s had as a manager.[/quote]sadly I agree... this will be his last game for us...I feel sorry for the next manager.. the vultures are already circling...

What a load of old tosh.

Every manager at every club has to deal with pressure.

If it is pressure which Hughton has failed to deal with then he isn''t suitable for football management and we need a manager who can handle the pressure.

In football you create your own pressure, alleviate your own pressure. You do that by performing or not performing.

Hughton had £30m to spend on remedying the problems that we obvious in our team last season and there has been no improvement, possibly even a decline.

That is a failure, whether he is a lovely bloke or not.

So its the fans fault......yeah ok. Even moderate fans? We''ve all brought this on ourselves. What a post this is. Just get some perspective before casting blame.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Completely agree. Anyone care to contradict it?[/quote]no.. they will call names, share insults etc.. but not one of them will contest the point.. because that''s not how it works on here is it?

BS,

Yes Lambert was always going to be a hard act to follow. But right from the start of CH''s tenure we turned from a attack minded, and never say die team, into a cautious, play it sideways and hope for a goal team.

If you saw the Ajax friendly it was enough to make you weep. The team plays with no pace (Snodgrass being the example I have cited way too often), individuals come to the rescue every now and again, but there is never any confidence we are going to win…now that may be a case of unrealistic expectations, but you all know what I mean; some teams just exude confidence and determination, this one does not.

So what to do? Well the first and most important thing is to instill confidence and aggression. I really hope that Redmond is fit for West Ham, and we can start to put some decent service into the box for the forwards.

(personally I''d also dump that stupid pajama''s kit and go back to the classic v collar design we wore our first season, we''d at least look like a proper football team… rather than the clown at a birthday party)

A new approach and crowd behind the team and we can still rescue this season. If the manager does not go, then Trollope should. Whether that is fair or not fair, there needs to be a scapegoat to help lance the poison that''s currently running through the veins of this club.

OTBC

Easily contested Jas, just many on here don''t feel this post deserves a proper response, so I will do it for them.

This is purely of Hughtons making!

To blame the fans for this defeat is beyond belief!

Only one person has that much influence on a team and a game.  The Manager.  His fault and his alone.

The only reason I can see for such a post is the desperate fact that you have lost the argument and you don''t like it.

You say you fear for the next manager? So do I for those who still believe that the sun shines out of Hughton''s a**e will surely hound him out because he is not Hughton!  Sound familiar?

[^o)]

Hughton is a spineless twonk. Without swearing.

Listening to canary call. Says it all. Russell Martin has been used as the media bitch.

No words from hughton.

What a tosser.

Come out and explain yourself. Resign!!!!

Stop taking a salary your not earning properly!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]from day 1 at the club Chris Hughton has had to deal with flack from the fans, every single game there have been sections of the crowd who win, lose or draw, have show negativity at the manager, his tactics and the players.the pressure has been heaped week after week after week. players read the comments and that spreads through the club like a virus...so well done, you''ve all got what you wanted now... but i''ve got news for you... the next manager isn''t going to hit the heights of Lambert either....he''s going to inherit a squad of demoralized, demotivated and disinterested players.. half of which would be lucky to make the bench in most premiership Reserve sides...so what next for the new man??? not getting the results come March and its "out, out out?" when will we change our focus away from the manager and blame the team? or David McNally for a poor appointment? or ourselves for thinking we are Barcelona?

[/quote]

Poor Hughton. Paid thousands and given ncfc''s biggest ever transfer budget. If it wasn''t for those pesky fans he might have got away with it.....

Thank you to Surfer and snake-eyes for well thought out posts.. and it is very hard to try and counter them both.All I can say is that as a club here is certainly more than one person accountable... the question is who now comes in and tries to sort it out?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]from day 1 at the club Chris Hughton has had to deal with flack from the fans, every single game there have been sections of the crowd who win, lose or draw, have show negativity at the manager, his tactics and the players.the pressure has been heaped week after week after week. players read the comments and that spreads through the club like a virus...so well done, you''ve all got what you wanted now... but i''ve got news for you... the next manager isn''t going to hit the heights of Lambert either....he''s going to inherit a squad of demoralized, demotivated and disinterested players.. half of which would be lucky to make the bench in most premiership Reserve sides...so what next for the new man??? not getting the results come March and its "out, out out?" when will we change our focus away from the manager and blame the team? or David McNally for a poor appointment? or ourselves for thinking we are Barcelona?

[/quote]Do you remember his first game?Pray tell what was the score  please?

I don''t whole heartedly disagree, I have been as keen as anyone to see Hughton succeed and really thought he could be the man to push us on a bit. I believe he has in his signings, and possibly brought in players like Bassong who other managers may not have been able to sign.

However, for whatever reason this is a results driven game and we currently stand 3rd bottom, ten games in on 8 points. We have played 3 of the top four - of which we wouldn''t probably expect more than a draw. Spirited displays - yes, but points, unlikely.

We lost away to Hull and drew at home to Cardiff - those are the sorts of results that will cost us.

I don''t think you can blame fans in some ways. I know what Hughton is trying to do, and at least did so last season in making us hard to beat, but the problem is in the premiership you only need to give teams one chance and they score.

If we are not creating enough chances at the other end we are playing a game balanced on a knife edge.

Had Hughton got some sort of consistency out of this team then we''d all be happy. But we haven''t.

I really don''t know what isn''t happening for him, he was doing a good job at Newcastle and their football wasn''t defensive.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

from day 1 at the club Chris Hughton has had to deal with flack from the fans,

[/quote]

Just remind yourself of the result on "day 1" and you might just see why he has had to deal with flak.

Like it or not, there is some truth in what the OP states though - Cardiff message boards last week were full of ''why couldn''t we beat a Club in turmoil'' which gives some credence to the argument.