Sign in to follow this  
Robert911

Time for Hughton to be mean

I''m not going to claim to be a management guru or ever having been involved in the running of a football club. However, if I was a Norwich player tonight, I''d be hoping Hughton stays in charge. They go out and give no effort yet after the match, Hughton comes out and says that he can''t fault the players and it''s his fault.. If I was a player i''d be laughing all the way to the bank. I can phone in my performance and still my manager wont criticise or drop me. I would be a bit more impressed with his managerial skills if he came out and said "I''m disappointed with the lads today. They know they let themselves and the fans down and some players (no names mentioned) are going to find themselves out of the team next week." . He needs to get tough and stop trying to not upset the players. Be a manager and make heads roll....Case in point is the fact that Elmander can do what he wants cause he knows Hughton wont even let Becchio near the pitch.

Well, today, I think possibly a bit of an angry reaction would have been preferred. However, his reaction to the media is not necessarily the same as in the changing room. I don''t think it ever helps too much if the manager comes out and criticises players - individually or as a team - in public, it''s better off kept in doors. However, today perhaps they could have done with their heads banging together a bit.