Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

MOTD Lowlights

1st Goal - Horrific deflection, no chance.2nd Goal - Ruddy unsighted, soft goal to concede3rd Goal - Ruddy unsighted again, bad defending in 6 yard box4th Goal - Sublime goal, no complaints5th Goal - BJ concedes silly freekick, Toure scores cracking free kick6th Goal - Bassong - urgh.7th Goal - Weak defending againOther points:1) Elmander gives us nothing, missed our best chance by a mile.2) Complete lack of defensive composure, total lack of effort3) Go to the Etihad and play defensive against Man City = get beaten. What a change from 3-2 last season.

Just a point on Fer and something I''ve noticed a few times. Thought it was his fault for the first today, complete laziness to not track silva I think it was. Clearly a talented player but his laziness and sloppiness at times comes close to rivalling Darren Kenton.

Thought some of those goals were disgusting on our behalf. Really embarrassing.

Laziness sums it up for most of the players today. It was lethargic. You could almost see the little blue MOTD circles when you were watching it live - so much space it just seemed like we couldn''t be bothered to get close.

Hmm, I went and that does not tell the full story; to add:

As Shearer said the problem was too much negativity in the heads of the players - we gave them too much respect. When we did have possession two or three good balls then a crap pass! Or we try to play too optimistic a ball. Keep it simple and we keep the ball.

Toure free kick - wall splits making it easy - he tried it again 10 minutes later and wall stayed together and blocked the shot. Football''s simple sometime.

I violently disagree about Elmander. Came on and gave a damn - plenty of damns actually. Drove us forward well - Hooper on the other hand is already milking his salary - couldn''t give a toss. Only Elmander and Murphy came out of it with any credit.

For me Bassong has to be dropped. His head hasn''t been right this season - think that gun stunt has done his head.

Today I have to agree - Hughton has lost the players - if he has Bassong as captain then he deserves all he gets.

Passion -

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]1st Goal - Horrific deflection, no chance.2nd Goal - Ruddy unsighted, soft goal to concede3rd Goal - Ruddy unsighted again, bad defending in 6 yard box4th Goal - Sublime goal, no complaints5th Goal - BJ concedes silly freekick, Toure scores cracking free kick6th Goal - Bassong - urgh.7th Goal - Weak defending againOther points:1) Elmander gives us nothing, missed our best chance by a mile.2) Complete lack of defensive composure, total lack of effort3) Go to the Etihad and play defensive against Man City = get beaten. What a change from 3-2 last season.[/quote]4th goal was WAY off-side and should not have stood.

[quote user="Aggy"]Laziness sums it up for most of the players today. It was lethargic. You could almost see the little blue MOTD circles when you were watching it live - so much space it just seemed like we couldn''t be bothered to get close.[/quote]

I said as much during the match thread. No pressure on the ball, backing off the whole time allowing man city to select their passes with ease. Wide men in so much space and not under any pressure to stop the cross. Halfhearted defending all game. Where does that come from? The manager? The players? Both?

Think the players need a new lease of life. You know things are bad when u find yourself agreeing with shearer''s match analysis. Glad they didnt just cream over citeh, they werent sublime, they were strolling in the park we were so bad

Agreed!

I get a little frustrated with Fer at times. All pundits seem to rank him as a great player and a real potential star of the future.

He is undoubtedly a good player and has proved his touch and passing ability is excellent but he dwells on the ball a lot lazily tries to beat players and can cause problems.

To be a great player this has to change!!

Johnson doesn''t track silva for the second goal, just daydreaming as silva runs straight past him. And Elmander ducks in the wall for Toures free kick and guess where the ball goes through.

It actually looked even worse on TV than it did live. In 40 years of following Norwich, That was the most inept, spineless performance I have seen.

1st Goal - Horrific deflection, but pathetic standing off in the build up

2nd Goal - Ruddy.... Should have saved it

3rd Goal - A bog standard corner, badly defended

4th Goal - Maybe offside, fantastic play

5th Goal - Elmander.... turned away and left a gap. A free kick that should have been stopped by the wall.

6th Goal - Bassing.... WFT?

7th Goal - Just too easy... dire

No closing down from any player - it must have been decided to keep our lines and sit deep rather than chase the ball. I hope the players watched it - not fit to wear the shirt comes to mind.

Just dire shearer summed it up perfectly with the word EMBARRASSING. Man Citeh are a great team but by god did we gift it to them aswell. Easiest 3 points they will get this season for sure

It did look even worse on MOTD than live. Man City fans kept less than politely asking us ''why are you still here?'' A valid question at 6-0. Apparently, they perceived that we were even worse than Man Utd. An equally valid point.

Another valid question, in my opinion, is why our management team is still here? Should have been upgraded in the Summer. As I''ve thought for some time - the November break post-West Ham will see a change at the helm.