Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Bradley Johnson

part of a midfield that struggled that struggled to finish much above mid table in the championship with Leeds.. I wonder where the rest of that midfield went? oh... wait... :|

While tettey is out we only have three options.

Johnson takes the tettey role - but slightly different. he must sit back, never pushing forward. make the great tackles he normally makes. and then only make 5 yrd sideways passes to a better passer of the ball.

Play Fer in in tetteys spot and bring hoolahan back in. He would play the role excellently but it would be a waste of Fer.

play howson takes tetteys role, fer takes howsons, hoolahan takes fers. this is the worst option because howson is shite at being a defensive midfielder and is much better roaming.

the best option is option #1, and it is probably the option we will see forever.

How about dropping Fer & Howson back a slot & putting Pilkington in Howson''s spot? It would be nice if Howson & Fer could interchange sometimes as well - one supports the attack while the other drops back.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I hope he never wears a Norwich shirt again, possibly the worst premier league midfielder I have ever seen.[/quote]

Wasn''t even the worse player on the pitch !!!

Once again I thought Bassong was worse.

And to think this was the guy keeping David Fox out of the team for most of last season. F uck me, Foxy isn''t perfect but he''s better than BJ!!

[quote user="Six Pack"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I hope he never wears a Norwich shirt again, possibly the worst premier league midfielder I have ever seen.[/quote]

Wasn''t even the worse player on the pitch !!!

Once again I thought Bassong was worse.[/quote]

That''s an interesting observation. I didn''t go today but Bassong hasn''t been the rock he was last season by any means. And as a captain? well let''s just say he''s no Holt or Forbes! A year ago starting a game without Bassong was unthinkable. This season has told a different tale because if I remember rightly the games we started without Bassong were Everton 2-2, Hull 0-1, and Stoke 1-0. Four points from Three games and all of them good performances from the back four. Each time Bassong has gone straight back in.

Hero to zero in a year?

--- morty: Fox. LOL

What is wrong with David Fox. He did an excellent job for us in this league just two seasons ago. I am pretty certain he would have done a better job alongside BJ than Howson managed last season.

As it is, we have improved the squad and Fox has probably been left behind now. Not that results are any better of course.

To be honest, other than the midfield three, has anyone been very good this season? The Howson, Fer, Tettey combo has mostly impressed but everyone else has blown hot and cold - at best!

Johnson, for me, has missed a real trick today. It was the sort of game where I think he could actually have something to offer us - ie; a game where we needed someone to kick Aguero et al on the halfway line out of harm''s way. I don''t think he was any worse than anyone else necessarily (they were all dire) but he missed a really good opportunity to put himself about and show what he could offer us. The game really was screaming out for someone to play how he normally does.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- morty: Fox. LOL

What is wrong with David Fox. He did an excellent job for us in this league just two seasons ago. I am pretty certain he would have done a better job alongside BJ than Howson managed last season.

As it is, we have improved the squad and Fox has probably been left behind now. Not that results are any better of course.[/quote]
I dont deny he served us well. I watched him on the telly friday night and frankly he looked out of depth even in the championship.

Basically always been of the same opinion of Johnson - decent enough player to have in the squad but not someone you really want as a regular in the team if we''re going to be a good Premier League side.

@Bradley4Johnson get a grip man, today, totally pathetic from a bad bunch, you were the worst. I praised you vs Soton but today, awful! #ncfc

There you go, told him in no uncertain terms. I have no faith in him.