Sign in to follow this  
henrik

What are the reasons for people desperately wanting Malky as our manager?

I''m not being critical of peoples reasons but I am interested to know just why people think he''d be the correct choice.

For me, he would most definitely be the wrong choice, due to his inexperience at the top level. I think we, as a club need to advance ourselves and stretch to get some real quality. Push to the next level of manager so to speak, rather than fish around in the same old pot.

People will no doubt retort with "who do you suggest then?" Well, for me, there is only one name I want, and that''s Thomas Tuchel. The more I read about the guy, the more it excites me. Is it possible to get him? I don''t know but, this is the level we should be aspiring to. Ask yourselves this, if Michael Laudrup left Swansea tomorrow, would their fans be happy with a Malky style replacement? Of course they wouldn''t, and neither should we.

Malky did well at Watford, then took Cardiff to a Cup Final, the play offs, and subsequent promotion as champions.

But agreed, I think we should look overseas. A manger in the calibre of Ralf Rangnick would be an ideal choice. An excellent pedigree in the Bundesliga, currently working as a Director of Football.

People want Malky because the other candidates are either realistic but woeful (Pulis) or unrealistic and out of our reach (virtually all of the foreign names mooted).

Sadly to many still can''t see past the ''Little old Norwich'' mentality.We need to aim high and i can see no British managers who fit the bill of what is needed or would be an improvement over CH.