Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Really that bad?

Loss to Chelsea - harshly done by in the last ten minutes and the scoreline flattered the visitors. Played well, team linked up well and created chances.

Loss to Arsenal - as above, you could argue the substitutions unbalanced the team but the team were in the game for long periods of time

Draw against Cardiff - a sickener given overwhelming pressure and balance of play. Perhaps tactically the second half should have seen the team given more of a shove forwards but 9 times out of 10 we win that game.

Loss against Manchester City - can''t defend this at all (and neither could the team) other than the lack of the first choice midfield, but we should have a squad deep enough to cover one or two key injuries. Awful result, but more of a one-off than another "catastrophe" given previous results haven''t actually been THAT bad when you look at the opposition?

All that said, I am sure that West Ham is clearly now a must-win game and anything less than three points will see Hughton sacked.

The interesting question for this board is how many fans, supporters and customers will be hoping West Ham beat us on Saturday...

I for one hope he is long gone before saturdays game, if we win saturday under Hughton then what then? The problems that are so clearly there will still be there. Do we then allow him to carry on as we are going picking up the odd win? For me now he has to go so we can get someone else in with time on their side. Hughton will not change so we must make that change.

This has to end now. We cannot continue to waste matches on this awful, awful management team. If he is in charge for West Ham I will be very disappointed.

[quote user="JF"]I for one hope he is long gone before saturdays game, if we win saturday under Hughton then what then? The problems that are so clearly there will still be there. Do we then allow him to carry on as we are going picking up the odd win? For me now he has to go so we can get someone else in with time on their side. Hughton will not change so we must make that change.[/quote]

Worthy survived for months like that. [:@]

There should be no last chance for Hughton next Saturday, he must be sacked tomorrow morning, there is no turning back now, the dye is cast he has had plenty of chances already. P45 in the morning.

I''m trying to remain as upbeat as possible on this desperate morning. Attempting to extract some positives from the current situation. Yes, we are only 3 or 4 pts from mid table. Yes, it has been, by anyone''s standards a tough set of fixtures. Yes, we have, when everyone is fit , on paper a good squad. Yes, there are at least 6 other teams who are as poor as we are.

But there is no doubt that the calendar year of 2013 has been horrendous. A handful of league wins, elimination from the FA Cup by a non-league team, and week after week of boring inept football.

It seems to me that the members of this board fall into 3 distinct categories. First, the Never wanted Hughton in the first placers. Second, the We''ve always got to give him more timers. And, third(the majority) who wee prepared to give him a fair amount of time, but no more. Speaking personally, I was up till yesterday''s fiasco keen to give him till the end of Nov. Now I''m not so sure. I do suspect that those who want him fired tomorrow will be disappointed, and he will be given one final chance v West Ham.

In answer to the OP, it''s hard to justify a view that thiongs are anything other than "that bad". I know I''ve been poo pooed for using this phrase, but I do forsee a situation where if we are not very careful things could very quickly spiral out of control at the club.

I will be surprised if he''s gone before the West Ham game but none of us have any idea of whats going on behind the scenes. McNally was ruthless with Gunn but Hughton is his man so I think he will be given more time.