Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

If you're 'blaming' McNally you don't have a clue

I guess it''s predictable that pretty much everyone at the club is copping the blame from fans be it the manager, coaches, owner or CEO.

In so far that it is remotely helpful to say "it''s his fault" waah waah... one person who is certainly NOT to blame it''s McNally. I find it astonishing that people can say of the man who masterminded the rescue and redemption of our club and gave us its most successful virtually unbroken period of success and progress... "this is all you fault". It is beyond childish and so comprehensively WRONG.

His job is to steer the ship, to make sure it runs efficiently and heads in the right direction. He can''t guarantee results, and he can''t guarantee a never ending run of success. It''s even wrong to say Houghton was the wrong appointment after Lambert. There was only one priority after Lambert left and that was to be here for the new EPL contract. That was achieved with room to spare. Today, in the early part of the following season, the ship is off course and McNally faces his first major on field challenge in terms of results. Give the guy a break and let him do the job he has done better than probably everyone before him in the modern era.

Even if Hughton is to go, he will know it would be counter productive to "sack him in the morning" - fortunately it''s not his job to behave like a fan, he has rather more responsibility than that. It would be better to see the reaction to the Citeh result - even if the view is that the manager must go, it still won''t be in the best interests of the club to be mamagerless for the West Ham game. If we win and get the 3 points, that will be in the best interests of the club and wont mean that the manager will continue. Remember Yeovil 4-0...

He is to blame, he appointed him..........and if Hughton''s still here Saturday we will lose.

But you can''t have it both ways. You can''t say McNally appointed Lambert and was therefore responsible for the club''s revival. Then say McNally appointed Hughton but is not responsible for the club''s decline (and when you look at all results in 2013, NCFC are in decline).He has to take responsibility, along with the rest of the board. We hope they do, and the club can come out of this stronger and in a better position to maintain the club''s Premier League status.I would like to see Hughton turn it around, because it would be so much easier and much less messier. But that''s wishful thinking.  There is no recent evidence on the pitch to suggest that Norwich will get results against West Ham, Newcastle and Palace.  Handing any of those teams three points is the best way to ensure Norwich are playing Championship football next season.

Of course he''s responsible, which is why he should be trusted to get on with his job and fix it. That''s not the same as saying it''s his fault which is totally pointless and counterprodcutive. Hughton''s appointment was the RIGHT one after Lambert left. Every fan would have and in fact did on here say that after Lambert left the only thing we had to do was survive the following season and we did easily. And yes, as can also all remember, Wizard was all in favour of CH at that stage. Ergo, it was the right appointment. Maybe he is no longer the right man to keep us going in the right direction but it is utterly absurd to blame THAT on McNally. What exactly do people blaming McNally want. To see him leave? Is that what they want? Or would they rather trust him to make the correct decisions himself. His record since he arrived has earned him the right to expect the fans support for his decisions.

How much money did McNally''s terrible appointment make the club last season?

(I keep mentioning this hoping that it might sink in).

[quote user="a1canary"]Of course he''s responsible, which is why he should be trusted to get on with his job and fix it. That''s not the same as saying it''s his fault which is totally pointless and counterprodcutive. Hughton''s appointment was the RIGHT one after Lambert left. Every fan would have and in fact did on here say that after Lambert left the only thing we had to do was survive the following season and we did easily. And yes, as can also all remember, Wizard was all in favour of CH at that stage. Ergo, it was the right appointment. Maybe he is no longer the right man to keep us going in the right direction but it is utterly absurd to blame THAT on McNally. What exactly do people blaming McNally want. To see him leave? Is that what they want? Or would they rather trust him to make the correct decisions himself. His record since he arrived has earned him the right to expect the fans support for his decisions.[/quote]

I said, aided by luck, not easily, he had done well, but I never wanted him here in the first place!

A sensible OP but anything that''s not violently anti Hughton is unlikely to go down well on this board today.Throwing Hughton to the wolves may provide momentary satisfaction but it won''t be a panacea to avoid relegation. You only have to look back to last season and Harry Houdini to see that I am right. Many on here were still shouting  in March that he would steer QPR clear when it was obvious that they were dead and gone long before Xmas.We need to get back on an even keel and that means 5-7 points from the next 3 games. If the players can''t do that then Hughton will pay with his head and we will be staring down a long tunnel at the Championship.

[quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]
Depends if supporters really give a toss over how much cash the club rakes in over team performance?  

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

Depends if supporters really give a toss over how much cash the club rakes in over team performance?  

[/quote]

It''s pretty bloody important though isn''t it for the clubs long term future.

Or are you one of those "I don''t care if we lose 4-3,so long as we play nice football" type of fans?

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or are you one of those "I don''t care if we lose 4-3,so long as we play nice football" type of fans?

[/quote]
I wouldn''t matter would it as long as the business rakes it in right?

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="Herman "][quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I wouldn''t matter would it as long as the business rakes it in right?

[/quote]

Last season,yes,too bloody right!

What makes me smile is during the good times McNally was everywhere, Twitter, local news etc. Even as recently as when they announced the new accounts he was happily tweeting, praising the fans etc.

Now we are having a bad time where is he? Twitter account closed down and not a peep from him.

He can''t have it both ways

Thanks to twitter trolls like waveney he shut it down ages ago. He turned it on during the racism story the other week, but was off again soon after.