Sign in to follow this  
morty

I wonder...

If chris was offerred the option to stay, BUT, he had to change his coaching staff, he would accept it?
Would it be a comprimise you would accept?

This is something I suggested in the summer, but I think it''s gone too far now.

Culverhouse played a massive role in Lambert''s success here, I don''t feel Calderwood has helped Hughton''s situation at all.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]This is something I suggested in the summer, but I think it''s gone too far now.

Culverhouse played a massive role in Lambert''s success here, I don''t feel Calderwood has helped Hughton''s situation at all.[/quote]
I thought at the time that Culverhouse was more of a loss than Lambert was.

Too late now imo although i fully agree it should have happened before now. That said Hughton has been an effective coach for over 20 years before he became a manager so he should know what is good/bad about coaching

Good question Morty.If the manager was told told to replace his backroom staff and it did happen we''d never know as that sort of thing goes on behind the scenes.I doubt the assistants would ever know the real reason either.I think it''s unlikely it would work as the manager''s judgement would have been fatally undermined and it would only be a matter of time before there was a parting of the ways.Managers and their assistants tend to follow each other from club to club so there''s usually a tight bond of friendship between them.

I think we have gone beyond that Morticia, it would have to be a clean sweep for me. One out all out.

Certainly an interesting point, Morty. And a fair question.

A few years ago, I think it would''ve been a real possibility, but, in these days of management teams, I''m sure that a bloke like Hughton would then see his team was holed beneath the waterline, consider his authority undermined, and wait to be fired himself.

The simple truth is that, if he leaves us, he will be back in well paid work somewhere else pretty soon.

So no, not really a possibility for me.

No not for me, if the axe is to be wielded, it''s gotta be a clear out.......nothing less.

Because if we do retain elements of the current coaching staff, and we are still unable to show signs of improvement.....well, the angst will continue.....for starters.

I don''t think the board could make that request - it undermines the Manager immediately.

It''s certainly, in hindsight, something Hughton should have looked at pre-season and pushed for himself - any Hughton doubters at that point may have also been turned - it would have shown good awareness from a coaching point of view.

I honestly think we need a clean break. Feel bad for hoots as I wanted him to do well and he was my choice after Lambert left. His style of football has lost me and I really dislike where he is taking us. New manager needed.Not sure if I want Malky but interesting to see BBC gossip has a rumour about Hoots job security then directly underneath a threat of Malky leaving Cardiff because of the owners.I wonder if Malky is being lined up ?  Want the Baby faced Assassin though, but I think thats a pipe dream.

I think Hughton is such a decent bloke he just wouldn''t accept blaming anyone without accepting responsibility himself. As he is such a nice guy, you wonder how the coaches and players feel at consistently under performing and watching him take the flak.

That, I think is the problem, too many under performers letting him down. Hughtons problem - he recruited them.

The problems is he has a squad of very creative and expressive players and he straps shackles around them. Ok so it was Arsenal but yesterday they would break and have 4 men up every time.When ever we break its 2 if we are lucky but normally its ball to striker, striker gets nailed. Lose possession.ITS THE TACTICS >< Poor old Hoots is just inept.