Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Wal

Is there a Plan B ...........

......... from Mr McNally?

If Chris Hughton is to go I cannot believe that David McNally has not already drawn up a shortlist of possible new managers.

It would be foolish to replace the manager without having something prepared to take the club forward. Like many on here I would not feel happy with our assistant manager and/or our first team coach taking charge for more than one match.

The timing must be right, and I feel Chris Hughton only has two matches left if we do not win them,

Just as the manager must constantly be on the lookout for better players the Chief Executive must similarly be aware of problems at the club and be on the lookout for better possibilities.

I believe he has a Plan B. I hope I am right.

No more games now. Will be humiliating scenes if we go a goal down against West Ham. Time for decisive action now.

I am sure McNally is an astute enough executive to have a plan B. But realising the need to have a plan B and having one that will be effective are two very different things.
It is not as though there are a host of clear options out there. Sunderland have ended up with Poyet, a gamble and controversial choice. Palace have yet to appoint I believe. Reading did not look like they had anybody lined up last year and it did not work out for them.
The one success is Southampton and nobody saw that one coming.

With McNally having his finger on the pulse do you not believe we could be looking at someone like Pochettino ''in case'' he feels we need a change?

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]With McNally having his finger on the pulse do you not believe we could be looking at someone like Pochettino ''in case'' he feels we need a change?[/quote]
It would be good to think he has, but...............................
I actually think that with all the money they gave to Hughton to invest the board of directors will have a tough time convincing themselves to ditch him. What will push them I feel is if there is clear evidence that he has lost the dressing room.

I would be wary of the mistakes of Wolves (not least their choice to start demolition of the stadium minutes after surviving on the last day - putting expansion before the squad). They sacked Mick McCarthy, and expected to be inundated with applications. They couldnt attract anyone to the club so had to embarrassingly appoint McCarthy''s number two, who had no managerial experience. How hopeless must that have felt for the players? Wolves disappeared up their own a-hole. They told themselves they were a massive club who needed a massive state of the art stadium, despite a team that survived by the skin of its teeth, and told themselves that when they sacked McCarthy, the cryuffs of this world would come a''flockin. They got a cold hard dose of reality. And now look at them. You need a replacement lined up before you sack the manager

It would not surprise me if we beat West Ham and Hughton still gets the push, particularly if Mackay becomes available. Mc Nally will have a plan B, Hughton was that well before Lambert went

Just remember the board ditched their ''one year rolling contract'' when they got Hughton, which means it''s gonna take a whole lot of money to sack him. The board will give him a lot more time before even thinking of sacking Hughton.