Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

MOTD2 Extra

Some pretty valid points tbhSpent a lot of money. Board will be getting impatientProblem is scoring goals Pressure mounting on HughtonHard run in so farGood results vs Everton / Stokeetc etc

Yep. A fair piece commentary. And especially the point that you spend 15m on strikers and they never play together!

But everybody in every league has a hard run in.

If your guy upfront is having trouble scoring, give him some help. not leave him stranded like a sinking ship.

You only have to look at the lads who have scored to see the positions they play in.

Houghton persists with this 1 upfront bulls**t. It clearly doesn''t work for us.

We were an attacking team at one time playing good "attractive" football. That seems to have been knocked out of them. Now the team that rolls over on it''s back and lets the others walk over them.

The Tractorboys down the A140 must be laughing at us now.....getting ready for next seasons derby games.

I think there''s problems all through the team not just scoring goals. We''ve conceded 29 from 13 games. Including 3 against Bury..

that''s so true, Vlad. the rot has set in already. the guys heads are down it seems before the ball has been kicked in anger.

Houghton is a nice guy but in every interview he never seems to come across as having the spirit that''s needed to win and I think it''s rubbed off on the players. maybe he''s already resigned himself to the fact that his days might be numbered.

Yes one of them said it is hard to see Norwich surviving , i really hope if Hughton does leave we do not target Malky , just cannot see him being much better than what we have now but when it comes to managerial appointments Lambert is our only success amongst how many failures.

The comments from MOTD 2 were about the teams we have played so far this season, rather than our run in. The comments were triggered by the discussion in respect of Arsenals title credentials which took into account they have not played any of their main rivals for the title (Liverpool were not considered in the same vein as Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City), with one of the pundits saying if you are to consider who Arsenal have played so far, you also have to make the same consideration for Norwich, the consensus was that we have had a tough start (Everton were considered as being tough opposition).

Interestingly I was having a similar chat with my Dad this morning with regards a logical look at who we have played, and my personal conclusion is that D-Day for Chris Hughton is post Palace, as the board will have a view on the the teams reaction to the defeat at Man City and there is still plenty of time for a new manager to put things right. Some will see my post as support of Chris Hughton, this is not the case at all, just an attempt to take a non emotional, logical look at the situation.