Sign in to follow this  
rieg77

Managerial Shopping List

I''m interested to know who you think might be on our shopping list should the board decide Houghton''s time has come to an end.

There''s no great depth of talent sitting on the bench waiting for a job. Personally I don''t think McLeish, Coleman and the gang are good enough candidates.

Pulis, well yes he''s operated at this level but poor football and there is a reason he left stoke at the end of the day.

I guess we might be looking at people currently in work.

Obviously it has to be someone who has operated at this level but not necessarily in the UK. I guess we''re all hoping there''s another pochetino out there somewhere.

Anyway, I''d be interested to see peoples top three.

mike phelanharry redknappeddie howeglenn hoddlezoladi matteoole gunnar solskjaernigel adkinssteve coppell

diego maradona ;)

Options would be Zola, O''Neill, Mackay I guess

Biesla would be pretty crazy, who knows..

I can honestly see Hughton in for the next game. Last chance saloon against a beatable West Ham at home. No Tettey worries me greatly though

Zola

Di Matteo (if trying to avoid compensation payments)

Otherwise McNally must undertake a thorough search of Holland, Germany or Spain due to this being the place the best coaches are being produced.

If we accept that we can''t compete financially then improving the coaching standard at the club is the best method of gaining ground on our competitors.

Mackay...no chance. Look at the way he set Cardiff up last week. Parked the bus. Defended way too deep. They were woeful. It wouldn''t be any better than now.

I''d take Zola.

Yeah certianly feeling Zola as an option though they got beat soundly today I think? Been quite good on the whole but different level too. Hughton will be here for next game..sure of it. A loss and he''s gone..a draw and who knows..

I do think Solskjaer is a good shout, well schooled, young, well known..

Biesla a wildcard

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Any chance Muulesteen (sp?) would come here?[/quote]

Didn''t someone say he''d changed teams recently or something?

[quote user="York Canary"]How well did di matteo actually do at brom? Can''t remember[/quote]
He was sacked. I am basing my choice on his more recent time at chelsea and also the fact he is available.

From the horses mouth (well the horses wife), Di Matteo not interested in any managerial job unless it is in London or in Switzerland where he owns property and has applied for Swiss jobs recently.

As much as I would like to see him in charge here it''s not going to happen.

Source - my Boss''s wife is a close friend of Mrs Di Matteo.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]From the horses mouth (well the horses wife), Di Matteo not interested in any managerial job unless it is in London or in Switzerland where he owns property and has applied for Swiss jobs recently.

As much as I would like to see him in charge here it''s not going to happen.

Source - my Boss''s wife is a close friend of Mrs Di Matteo.[/quote]
Thats me out of ideas then lol.

I know people don''t like the idea of Hoddle after the issues re - 15(ish) years ago, but I think that is a long enough time and he has apologised for it.

If you look at what he can do to individual players and teams I think he could be worth a shout. He gets teams playing good football.

De Mateo is a good shout, but still relatively unproven. For me, so is Zola. Both good shouts mind you. And you know what you are going to get from them.

In terms of managers already attached I would suggest Bruce. Although I do wonder if he would leave Hull for us at this point in time. Despite what some people say his record is pretty good, and he''s the sort of manager that knows how to ''mix it up''.

CT mentioned Steven Pressley at Coventry, which although risky, could be a new Lambert.

I still think Phil Parkinson from Bradford City.

Done a great job, twice at Wembley one ending in promotion. Now sitting 6th in League 1, this guy will be a top manager soon

There are some very desperate ideas on this thread.We need to aim high and go for the best. Solksjaer is the man. Outside of that i can''t think of anyone who fits the bill.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Not a chance of enticing Solskjaer over here. Could always try for his managerial counterpart this weekend, Brian Deane, though.[/quote]Have you asked him? At some point he has to take up a job in the English Premier League if he wants the Utd job and he wont do that at a big club first.