Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Isn't it about time the club came out in support of Chris Hughton ?

Unless I''ve missed it, there doesn''t appear to be any message from within the club in support of Chris Hughton. I realise that the vote of confidence is often the last thing heard before the axe falls, but the silence seems to be deafening. If Hughton is going to get the bullet, surely the time must be now to allow the new regime to evaluate the squad in time for the transfer window in 58 days time. For everybodies benefit, back him or sack him now.

You''ve answered your own post,the reason for the silence is because the club are still very behind him and see no reason to speak out.

Sadly the members of this forum are very much the minority which has been proven many times in the past. 20-30 noisey and angry pinkun posters are just a tiny selection amongst the many thousands of fans still clinging on in blind faith.

If the board were to dispense with CH''s services I would expect that to be after the Palace home game. A third of the season would be completed and it would give them a month to appoint a new management team and for that team to assess the current squad in order to pinpoint where investment in the January window would be needed.

However I would imagine that the board still believe that CH and his coaches are capable of getting the club out and keep them out of the bottom three.

Im sure the Board have somone in mind to take over from him. Theres no shortage of managers out there.

If they look on this website they would have at least 40 or 50 candidates.....

[quote user="Devils Advocate."]Ok, assuming that the club is happy to keep Hughton on, wouldn''t it be better to back him publicly and end all of this speculation .?[/quote]

If they''re happy to keep him after that humiliation it says an awful lot about our board.

Hope I''m wrong,but I fear that the board will continue to stick with Hughton,and so on Saturday we will have at best a very flat atmosphere,and if things don''t go well,that will quickly turn into a poisonous one.If there was anything that needed to be learnt from the end of Worthington''s tenure ,it is to know that the right decision should not be put off until it is too late for things to - potentially at least, be turned around....

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Im sure the Board have somone in mind to take over from him. Theres no shortage of managers out there.

If they look on this website they would have at least 40 or 50 candidates.....

[/quote]

Very true Shed, the thing is, although there are plenty of managers out there without a club, the question should be why is that?

I would''t assume the club''s silence signifies its backing for CH. I think he''s a dead man walking personally. But McNally is smart enough to do what''s best for the club and he will realise that waiting until after the West Ham game is the best thing for the club. We have a better chance of 3 points against them with the manager in place for that game rather than no-one in place for that game. Or god forbid Calderwood.

It seems unlikely he will go before the West Ham game. Unless it''s a home defeat I don''t think he will go at all.

[quote user="a1canary"]I would''t assume the club''s silence signifies its backing for CH. I think he''s a dead man walking personally. But McNally is smart enough to do what''s best for the club and he will realise that waiting until after the West Ham game is the best thing for the club. We have a better chance of 3 points against them with the manager in place for that game rather than no-one in place for that game. Or god forbid Calderwood.[/quote]

What I meant was, Houghton just seems to be there. Hasn''t got a clue. What difference if he''s there or not against West Ham?

The players heads are down already. At least if he''s gone they know the situation. If Houghton is still there for that game will they think maybe he won''t be for the next game and so it goes on wondering when or if he''ll be gone.