Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

How many of those who had faith in Hughton had their heads turned today?

I lost faith about a month ago, his refusal to actually try to attack a game lost me somewhere mid / end last season.I gave a clean slate at the start of this but the Hull result was the writing on the wall for me.

I''ve said no up until today but now conceed that it''s not going to get any better. But who is available to replace him??

I am now officially on the fifth stage of grief.

Sorry Chris. I really appreciate what you have done for the club and can see what you were trying to achieve, but I think it''s time to pass on the reins.

I''ve never seen him as someone for the long term but I always said he''d keep us up this season. Not anymore though.

Yep I have joined the outers now

Losing to Man city is one thing but being humiliated and showing no fight is just too much.

Sadly I just don''t think hughton has the character to turn things around. He may well be nice but just don''t think he can inspire the players or restore their confidence

I expected us to lose today, and hughton to have the two home games to turn things around.
But the manner in which we have lost today suggests he has lost the dressing room, its unavoidable now.

I expected us to lose 4-0 today but i forced myself to watch anyway. 7-0 was unacceptable. the only silver lining is that at least josh murphy had his first taste of the premier league.

I was firmly behind hughton before the game. now i think, at best, he should be given the west ham game. if we dont get 3 points then its over.

If i read that mcnally has had enough before breakfast i wont shed a tear though.

its a shame because i think hughton is a very stable option, but tactically i think perhaps he is out of his depth this season.

so, who''s the next paul lambert then??

[quote user="morty"]I expected us to lose today, and hughton to have the two home games to turn things around.
But the manner in which we have lost today suggests he has lost the dressing room, its unavoidable now.
[/quote]

Exactly how I see it mort. I''ve backed him all the way up until today.

I probably would have still backed him had we lost 2 or 3-1 today but there is no way back after this.

Di Matteo would be my preferred choice, anyone else got any other options for the new man?

For me today was irrelevant. I quietly joined the outers (with one serious proviso*) after having seen my first game of the season, against Cardiff. The lack of tactical nous shown then (which just isn''t going to improve) bothered me more than any potential humiliation at Man City.What today''s humiliation may well have done is bring forward a decision by a board that had been planning to hang on until the Palace game. And it will be the board, rather than just McNally.*The proviso being that I have yet to see one suggested alternative manager on whom more than one poster can agree.

OP that''s a good question and one that certainly gets me thinking about my stance on this...................the performance today really was not acceptable by any means, and I feel that like me the Board will be thinking long and hard about the situation. A defeat was probably expected, although I perhaps foolishly thought a point, whilst a long shot was possible. BUT, the performance today from the majority of the team, even taking all of the circumstances into account WAS very poor. So, yes I am now wavering, as on the "tonkometer" once the score exceeded four and the performance didnt improve enough second half (although it was slightly better) then of course your faith in the Management is tested, any true fan would be tested after that. Consequently, I am now beginning to adjust my thinking after that and now see the West Ham game as make or break and not where we are placed after Christmas and also accept that others see it as more critical than that. We have an interesting few days coming up...... 

Anyone who thought that Hughton was the right man as far back as last February suffers from the same inadequacies as him - can''t see the wood for the trees and unable to make the right decisions at the right time. The writing has been on the wall for 10 months & most of us have seen it, read it, understood it and figured out what the problem was.Today there can be absolutely no doubt in anyone''s mind that unfortunately he is not up to it. We cannot afford to let him remain incharge for another match because we haven''t got too many chances left & we need to get out of this rut now.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I lost faith about a month ago, his refusal to actually try to attack a game lost me somewhere mid / end last season.I gave a clean slate at the start of this but the Hull result was the writing on the wall for me.[/quote]

Almost exactly this for me too.

The Hull/Villa games lost it for me this season after giving him the benefit of the doubt that the team needed time to gel.

Truth is this is a results game and they need to happen quickly in this league so...come in Mr Hughton, your time is up.

I''m 100% in that camp

Don''t think there is any way back now, needs sorting before its too late.

I hope the board already have a list of quality replacements and can get this done quickly.

Gutted

Broadly the same as PC - felt the lack of appetite at old Trafford on tue was the point where I became an "out". However just not sure who we could bring in.....

I think his time is up now.The players seem to have no confidence and i think that''s when you have to make a change but di Matteo? No thanks.Solksjaer is the man if we can persuade him to come.

** Sheepishly raising my hand ***I''ve debated my side. I thought Hughton was starting to turn it around. Unfortunately, I now think I was wrong. Today''s performance was dire.However, I think it''s stupid people suggesting an apology is needed. I''m not going to say sorry for having a difference in opinion with someone. What are you, my wife??I don''t think anything ever descended into name calling or anything....

It all depends if he''s lost the dressing room; McNally or somebody on his behalf will be making a few discreet enquiries... If he''s lost the dressing room he''ll be out tomorrow, if the players are still loyal he might just get the WH and Palace games to try and turn things around...

I was skeptical at the end of last season, but after a transfer window where I felt we did well I said to myself that he should get 10 games.He had those 10, and tbh I have now lost faith, the game against cardiff actually worried me more than todays result as well. I just didnt feel that the players had the belief to close out a side who frankly looked there for the taking. All in all I will say thank you for the effort Chris, some of your decisions have paid off and I wish you all the best but you are not the man who will get the most out of this squad. On the other hand, those who have changed their minds and previously backed hughton shouldnt be dismissed, many people I saw just argued for a wait and see approach, well we have waited, we have seen and its fair enough to now say we want a change.

I''ve defended Hughton up until now. Not because I necessarily thought he was the answer to all our prayers, but because I felt the criticism from some was unfair and premature.

I always said last year that the 12/13 season was to build and things needed to get better this year. Despite some promising signs recently it doesn''t look like that is going to happen.

I won''t be going as far as baying for blood, but I do think the time has come.

Look on the bright side. We''ll be first on MOTD.

I really wanted to see Hughton succeed. I really did. But I think after today, his position has essentially become untenable. He has absolutely no clue how to turn round a bad run of form or how to tactically alter a team to counter an opponent, and it''s clear he''s now lost the confidence of a significant number of important players. The one intelligent move he made today was giving Murphy some proper game time for experience when the result was clearly already a lost cause. That Murphy was the most committed player on the pitch should be of major concern to the board and all supporters. Thankyou for your efforts, Mr. Hughton, but it''s time for a new man in the dugout.