Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Do we give him another game or change it now?

I like the man but unfortunately I think this job is a step too far for him. Yes we managed to survive last season on the back of 2 wins against teams that rolled over at the very end of the season, but I think we were lucky.

Hughton was supposed to have bolstered our defence last season but we still let in loads of goals. This season we''ve spent big and added new players to our attack but have hardly scored any goals and are still letting goals in like there is no tomorrow.

I was never impressed with Hughton''s coaching staff and assistant, they are as much if not more to blame than Hughton.

Against Man City we gave them far too much space and didn''t press at all, so I was left wondering who is at fault. Were the players not carrying out instructions or were they told to give the MC players some freedom? The defending was non existent at times and our play totally embarrassing. The first goal was bad luck but some of the others were avoidable if we had fight and enough knowhow. I expected us to lose having had 4 players out with injuries but the defence has been the same for the last 3 games or so. A 3-0 defeat would almost have been acceptable in the circumstances but 7-0 without any reply and hardly any shots on goal is not.

We have to do much better but I can''t see it happening under CH and co any time soon. The players need motivating and I don''t have confidence that they can do that. We have a relatively easier run of games over the next week or so and I see that as an ideal opportunity to bring in another managerial team to boost our squad. We need to play a higher tempo and be more attack minded. Becchio should at least be given a few games with Hooper. Hopefully Redmond with be fit soon as I think he has been one of our better buys along with Fer. I don''t know what Elmander has brought to the team. His best years are behind him and he has never been prolific. Tettey is a big miss, since he Fer and Howson were playing very well together.

We have played well against a few teams this season but without doing quite enough and we don''t have that cutting edge. We were a little unlucky against both Arsenal and Chelsea having played well enough to get something out of the games but that is what playing at this level is all about. If you don''t take your chances, these teams with make you pay for it. The Villa game was another example of not making the most of our chances, missing the penalty and Villa taking their chance.

Something has to change and quick or else we will have too much ground to make up. Under the present set-up I can''t see us beating many teams at all, so I''m sorry to say I would vote for a change in the management team.

I like Mackay as a manager but am not sure he has enough experience yet.

I simply don;t accept the "he has one more game" logic. It is entirely possible that under Hughton we might scrape a 1-0 win against West Ham. We know we are just about good enough under Hughton to pick up the odd win at home against the weaker sides.l We might also beat Palace but if we do does that suddenly mean Hughton is good enough to do the job despite that fact that for nearly a year now he has demonstrated clearly that he''s not? It will just prolong things and we will be back in the same situation a few weeks down the line.

I could probably manage us to a home win over Palace. Does not mean i am good enough as a manager to manage us long term. the board must take decisive action now and remove this awful, awful management team.

I still think he will be manager going into the West ham game. If we do not win that one i am sure he will be for the chop. I have a funny feeling that he will get 2 wins this month which will save him in the short term but these issues of concern will re surface later in the season.

NO NO NO! I can''t think of anything worse than that idiot having them 1 game, he''d be chuffed to bits with 1point from a 0-0 draw " against "such tough opposition " he''s a bloody clown. Let''s get an attacking manager in to work on the players LEARNING to SHOOT again. As without goals the best we can hope for are 0-0 draws. I really really really do not want his dour tactics being played by our team anymore. He''s turned this team from a high spirited attacking force that COULD score past anyone and beat any team on our day (people seem to forget this) to a team that tries for 90mins not to concede but invariably does concede and can''t score to even pull off a draw. He''s had his time he''s crushed this group of players and subsequently they look a shadow of their former selves. Grant holt hit the nail on the head when he left stating that it''s due to the pathetic negative tactics. At first the happy clappy''s said " the defence is mush better" however it''s blatantly obvious this is not the case.$Hull was the game 100% of fans should of realised that the idiot that is Hughton is as NeGATIVE as they come. Nice guy or not there''s no room for sentiment in this league

I''m sure Delia will have given him a big hug and told him that although yesterday was a terrible day things can and will get better and just to focus on the hammers game.

Saturday will tell us if the players are behind him. If they are then I''d expect a very positive response in terms of performance.

The contents of his desk should already be sitting in a cardboard box ready to be picked up. I''m annoyed that''s not currently the case.Bear in mind, I was still in the ''Hughton in'' camp up until 7:45 on Tuesday evening.