Sign in to follow this  
vlad666

Solskjaer

How would people feel if he was appointed? Done really well at Molde. This was taken from a report last year.

Even tactically Solskjaer is prepared to develop a number of theories. A 4-3-3 system that features rampaging full-backs is a weapon of choice, but he has experimented with a rigid three-pronged attack supported by three central midfielders…and again rampaging full-backs.

But he isn’t afraid to mix it up either and at times has deployed a 4-4-2 that relies on plenty of width from the full-backs and wingers, and features a forward behind the striker.

How refreshing to have someone in charge that want''s to attack and take the game to the opposition.

Solskjaer with Phelan as coach is the dream combo for me.

Yes please, but i''m starting to get a horrible feeling that the board will bottle the decision that needs to be made.

I would definitely go for this. Solskjaer was also successful managing Man Utd reserves. The only problem would be his reluctance to leave Norway. Rumour has it that he was wanted by Villa last year but was happy in Norway.

My other pairing would be Ferguson jr and Phelan.

It''s the easy thing to say that Calderwood is the problem, yet non of us can really know.

They come as a team and I respect Hughton''s choice of assistants whilst being less that appreciative of the sum total of achievement.

For somebody who has not really said anything in public to my knowledge, Calderwood seems to be the one to stick pins in for many. Perhaps this is because of his perceived fall out with Grant Holt or for his ordinary managerial career. At Norwich City he is employed as a coach and he might be quite good in that role despite what we (me included) stab at to be the opposite.

One thing is for sure, if we do get relegated under this regime it won''t be either Calderwood or Trollope''s fault. The buck firmly stops at Hughton.

I completely forgot to mention Ollie S. in my post.

No managerial experience at the highest level but what the fcuk.

It won''t be negative and I''ve had my fill of that stuff now

O.S. will have massive connections, especially in Scandinavia.

Having worked under Alex Ferguson, as a player and Man utd reserves boss, is all the experience you need. Being in that winning mentality has transitioned well at Molde.

As for not wanting to leave Norway, he met Lerner so I imagine he would leave for the correct opportunity. Also obviously knows England and the premier league from his time here.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]:-/ I bet OGS would have Hooper and RvW scoring for fun as well.Do it McNasty for the love of god :( :([/quote]

do those symbols represent sarcasm?

@skippdogg... if "we have a good manager but caulderwoods the problem" then I''d suggest the managers not that good IF HE CANT SEE CAULDERWOODS THE PROBLEM you dumbass

[quote user="vlad666"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]:-/ I bet OGS would have Hooper and RvW scoring for fun as well.Do it McNasty for the love of god :( :([/quote]

do those symbols represent sarcasm?

[/quote]I was being serious

Out of our reach is putting it lightly.

He''s said before that he would only consider moving to Britain if the manure job was available.

Don''t really buy this Calderwood/ Hughton/ Trollope is individually the problem stuff.

These management "teams" are very quick to collectively laud in the glory when things go well, so qed they all have to shoulder the blame when the sh!t hits the fan. They cannot have it both ways.

As for O-GS ; well he does seem to have a pretty good work ethic and track record. Knows the British game inside out. Not long ago, I''d have dismissed the idea of someone who''s not been a PL manager, but people like Pochettino, Pellegrini seem to know what they are doing. It''s also easy to forget that Wenger had no connection with British football when he took over at Arsenal.

It''s alright saying "if the man u job comes available" but I can''t imagine him getting it with no premier league management experience

Ole left England because his kids were to start school.

He will not move to England now, unless divorced.

A goid choixe for me would be Ronny Deila, coach of Stromsgodset.

Popular coach, runners up with Godset last year, set to pip Rosenborg for the title this year.

Several German teams are looking at him and his minor miracle, working on strict budgets, not afraid of giving youth a chance.

He will win the Norwegian league with a team considting of Bosmans at a combined cost of 20000 pounds.

Not well known outside Norway, but he will be in years to come.

McNasty will not gamble on such an unproven name though.

i like the idea, the only issue is that hes quite highly rated already as a manager and has a big name in the game form his playing days, meaning if he does anything that even remotely resembles a good performance there will be a bigger club after him before you can say jan vennegoor of hesselink

"ironstan"i like the idea, the only issue is that hes quite highly rated already as a manager and has a big name in the game form his playing days, meaning if he does anything that even remotely resembles a good performance there will be a bigger club after him before you can say jan vennegoor of hesselink

So basically we should not attempt to attract decent managers because they will just leave us!

thats not what i said.solksjaer is a strange case as hes not really got that much experience but his reputation has seen him linked with pretty much every premier league vacancy for the past 24 months. its all hype and that wont stop if he comes here, it will be a stepping stone and we will be replacing him after 16 months

phelans a better choice

Solskjaer has far more experience at management. Phelan has far more experience as a coach. Isn''t that a lot of peoples problem with Hughton?

There''s only 1 game left of the Norwegian season (after today) so the timing is reasonable if we were to approach him. Whether or not he''d come here, we can only speculate...

He would be my first choice if a change was to be made, though I seem to remember the owner of his club threatening to withdraw support for the club if he left or something of the sort.. Almost holding them to random during the whole villa approach.

In terms do would he be interested, it''s hard to call but we have massive potential and would be a good stepping stone for a top 6 side if he was to establish himself in the EPL with us over a few seasons.