Sign in to follow this  
Canary6

Have faith in Chris Hughton. No.

Like many i have stuck with the manager for as long as possible, and it is not a case of jumping on the bandwagon, but how long can this go on for? The signs are so obvious that nothing will change about Chris Hughton and his approach to football matches.

Our poor league position does not lie. I just cannot understand how it can take the man 15/20 minutes to make a like for like substitution in a match we are losing. A Sunday league manager could make a better decision than that. And its not just one time, it is every single time. Somebody please explain to me how somebody can be so blinded with so much managerial experience to do that.

He really is showing similarities to worthingtons crack at the premier league. Defend for 90 mins against the bigger'' teams AND ''smaller'' teams a way from home and hope for a point or a late winner.

Chris Hughton has not changed the way he sets up his team this season from last season and the way his football is played which was what needed addressing. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that we didn''t have the players last season but he has addressed that now but he wont us them. It is either a case of he doesn''t know how or in its simplest he has an unwillingness to change his defensive philosophy.

He will never adopt or change his approach. So if you''re happy to watch football where our full backs are not aloud to pass the half way line or play one upfront in the wrong way, or be pleased that we had a few feeble efforts on goal than please continue to support our manager.

Hats off to you, buddy. That takes balls to come up with a controversial point of view, particularly something as free-thinking as this.  Blow me, I reckon I need a sit down and cup of tea while I take all this in.  I''ll get back to you when me old brain''s processed it properly.

Agree with that. He won''t change and he probably can''t anyhow.

If he does scrape together the necessary points from the next few fixtures to survive it will only be a temporary reprieve for the Club (and him) as more of the same old will inevitably follow.

We have ony one direction to go under Chris Hughton in the long run and it isn''t upward.

100% agree, Hughton will never change and we will still see the same tactics at the end of the day. He was good for the first season, but now i think teams are finding ways to break us down. Things could get nasty in Carrow Road if we lose on saturday.

"Somebody please explain to me how somebody can be so blinded with so much managerial experience to do that. "

He hasn''t got much experience as a manager at all, one and a bit seasons with Newcastle, one with Birmingham, and now one and a bit with us. So about three and a half years of experience.

I take take that point, but he has enough experience within football and management to recognise that a like for like substitution when 2-0 down is going to do nothing. Especially a like for like substitution where the player he takes off is the most influential player on the pitch or most looks like scoring.

Yeah just echoing points really. Have seen them stand on the touch line for over 15 minutes with a iPad and clipboard to later make a like for like change which has affected, obviously, nothing. Coming from a losing position to win the game has happened once in 48 games. That says a lot. As does the the fact between our 3 main forwards they''ve managed 6 shots on target. Worries me we don''t have a change in our style of play. Il say it again, u cannot change the personell in the team but expect the same style of play. He isn''t basing the play around the key members and qualities of the players we have.