Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Speculation on Cardiff Message Board that Mackay will be heading to Norwich if offered the job.

Speculation on our Board too albeit Hughton is still in a job at the moment. Mackay has the reputation of being a very good young up and coming manager and i for one would love him here. The comparisons with Gunn are well wide of the mark, Gunn tried and failed to help the club out and had no managerial track record. Compensation would also be limited as Tan has already got rid of most of Mackays back room staff. Whilst we should have beaten Cardiff easily i was impressed as to how he changed things around at HT

I agree the past experiences have not been good. with Mackay though i think his track record and potential speaks for itself rather than the usual emotional link of lets get in an ex player

Is Malky another Hughton?

Does he tend to set up not to get beaten, he certainly did against us in the second half, although he did completely out think Hughton that day

same style as pulis horrible football, i like him but don''t want him anywhere near our football club

I can''t find the particular message board. Heard a rumour Malky is stepping down after their match today.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Utter nonsense!!!!  What on earth would some Cardiff fans know about what our board would or wouldn''t do!?!?!?

[/quote]

Well it seems to work mighty fine on this Messageboard

[quote user="city4eva"]

Is Malky another Hughton?

Does he tend to set up not to get beaten, he certainly did against us in the second half, although he did completely out think Hughton that day

[/quote]

Completely out thought him? By letting us have more shots than any team has done in the premier league for however many years (7 was it?) Had one of our strikers packed his shooting boots, we would have scored 5 or 6 against them. Cardiff were extremely extremely lucky to come away with a point - far more down to our inability to score than Mackay''s tactical nouse.

[quote user="Aggy"]

Completely out thought him? By letting us have more shots than any team has done in the premier league for however many years (7 was it?) Had one of our strikers packed his shooting boots, we would have scored 5 or 6 against them. Cardiff were extremely extremely lucky to come away with a point - far more down to our inability to score than Mackay''s tactical nouse.

[/quote]

Funny how people see things differently. I personally thought Malky''s changes at half time earned them a point. Yes we had 31 shots blah blah blah blah but 21 were off target and the majority of the remaining 10 were from distance as Cardiff kept us at arms length after shutting up shop and settling for a point. Not that I want Malky.

It did highlight where we really struggle though. When the onus is on us to make the running and the other side is happy to settle for what they''ve got, we very rarely have any ideas on how to break them down. We''ve seen it this year already away at Hull and at home to Villa and Cardiff and the 2nd half of last season was literally littered with examples.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Aggy"]

[/quote]

Funny how people see things differently. I personally thought Malky''s changes at half time earned them a point. Yes we had 31 shots blah blah blah blah but 21 were off target and the majority of the remaining 10 were from distance as Cardiff kept us at arms length after shutting up shop and settling for a point. Not that I want Malky.

It did highlight where we really struggle though. When the onus is on us to make the running and the other side is happy to settle for what they''ve got, we very rarely have any ideas on how to break them down. We''ve seen it this year already away at Hull and at home to Villa and Cardiff and the 2nd half of last season was literally littered with examples.

[/quote]Hardly management genius. He took off a forward because he was being over run in midfield.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="Aggy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hardly management genius. He took off a forward because he was being over run in midfield.
[/quote]

I didn''t say it made him a genius. He simply recognised a problem and corrected it and earned his team a point. However most Cardiff fans would have the same grumbles as us, they''d have had that down as a potential away win I''m sure.

As I said, I don''t want him here, but I don''t subscribe to the thought that he got lucky to get a point.

No thanks, great memories of Malky and that''s the way I want it to stay!

wouldnt turn my nose up at mackay & phelan i dont care who it is, as long as we get phelan in as wellyou couldnt pay for the education he would have got under fergie

I''ll get slaughtered for this I know, but I don''t consider Malky as a club legend.

He was a fantastic old fashioned ''stopper'' but Worthington had the right measure of him when he let him go before playing in the premiership.

Even good old Roy used to have a dig at him every now and then. His distribution was pretty shady, he didn''t have a great deal of pace but he could and did do, he did very well. He was a match for any of the big old centre forwards back then and was a natural tackler.

Fleming was the better defender for me, much better on the ball, was no slouch and a good all round player.

That said I do like Malky and he was a good pro. I just don''t ever remember him being the legend people make him out to be. He wore his heart on his shirt and for that you have to admire him.

As a manager he is another one that sets his team up solidly first, attacking second. If he wasn''t the likes of Bellars would have started the game - one that they would have looked at as a possible winner prior to the fixture.

He''s done ok for himself but I''m not sure he has done enough at this point to suggest he is capable of managing at this level for a prolonged period of time.

I would rate De Mateo over him at this point.

ron obvious wrote the following post at 03/11/2013 5:29 PM:

Cardiff currently 1-0 up against Swansea.

Good, the last thing we needed was Cardiff getting stuffed and Malky getting the sack

I think that is quite possibly fair if you''ve been a fan for quite a while longer than the last 20 years Chicken.

For me, and people my age, Iwan and Malky were the two leaders on the pitch when I first started properly getting into football. I can remember a little while before those two, but only just. I can''t remember any of the European cup run or anything that early, so Malky would certainly come under one of the legends in my supporting memory.

And I would have taken someone with his style of leadership yesterday. He would not have coped whatsoever with Aguero et al, but his sort of on-field leadership is sadly missing at the moment.

Absolutely no... Proven manager is the only type of replacement we need. Malky is a way off