Sign in to follow this  
Waveney Canary

Cometh the hour Cometh the man

Reports in the Mirror today that Malkys relationship at Cardiff is at breaking point seems perfect timing to get shot of hapless hughton and get him

Let''s all get behind the campaign for this club legend to be our next manager

Hapless out.

OTBC

I remember the last time a ''club legend'' managed this club.[:$]I''m not sure a man with 9 games Premier League experience is what''s needed right now.

I wanted Malky when PL left and not because he is an ex city player rather that he was doing a job at Cardiff that others had struggled with. He has turned renowned bottlers into premier league candidates.

Genuine question..What am I missing that would make Malky a mistake?

Because he''s so defensive. Of course this is due in part to the players at his disposal, but still, you only needed to watch their match against us to see how he sets up a team.

Ermm.....we had the hell of a lot of constant moaning about our tight, defensive approach last season. Do you want exactly the same.

im not totally against the idea, mainly because we need a motivator, one thing you will get from him is a kick up the backside and a high work rate from the playerson paper we have a better team than cardiff which might change the way he would approach things

I''m increasingly seeing Malky as the right candidate for the job, considering our current needs.

Which is for a good man-manager to come in and try and revive the confidence of a group of players without pots of money to spend.

People are still talking about our top 10 ambitions. Time to wake up now, we are in a relegation scrap and will be for the rest of the season.

We don''t need some sort of tactical genius to get us to play like Barcelona, we need somebody to come in and get our players to win games at any cost.... even if it is a rebound off of the left bumcheek of a defender in the 93rd minute.

We are in serious trouble, and the only criteria for the job has to be somebody who can come in to lift heads and get our players scrapping for survival.

If that means somebody like Malky or Pulis then so be it, we just need points.

For Gods Sake.

Malky is no better than Hughton!  Have you been watching recently?

Last week they were diabolical, and it is only because we don''t know how to create decent chances they escaped an absolute thrashing.

Today Swansea were all over them in the first half and spurned several really good positions and chances, dispite Cardif having 10 behind the ball.

Please as much as I love the guy as an ex-player he is NOT I repeat NOT what we need.

Get creative, start thinking outside of our tiny little island and begin to realise we need a manager who espouses real tactical ability and encourages skillful technical play and development.

This is the only way our club can move forwards, When others move forward, if you stand still you get left behind.  We are seriously being left behind on the field, which is a real shame as we have got the rest of the club in good order.

We had revolution under Lambert, and we were looking for evolution under Hughton.  Instead we have got stagnation at best if not regression.

We must start thinking bigger if we are to remain in this league and prosper for the future.  We may never have the resources to compete with the Top Teams, but we sure as hell can try and do it a different way! Can''t we?

Is it wrong to aim for the stars? Or must we as some seem to believe on here ''Know our place'' and be content with what we have?

Snake

It is their first season in the Premier League, were they expected to dominate Swansea for 90 minutes?

No manager can polish a turd. Lambert at Villa and Hughton at Norwich have had three transfer windows now, Malky has had one transfer window.

Rome wasn''t built in a day, he is doing a very good job at Cardiff and they would be stupid to let him go.

They are 12th in the league, the way you are talking Snake they should be routed bottom - should Cardiff be in the top 6?

Are you Vincent Tan in disguise?

Struggling to find the right words to reply.  Clearly you think Malky is now Gods Gift after previously thinking Hughton was.

Which is it?

There is no difference in strategy between what Hughton has been employing during his tenure.

You do like to shoot to extremes Le Juge and spout complete rubbish. Where the hell did I say I expected Cardiff to dominate Swansea for 90 minutes? Nowhere! You really can be a complete prat at times!

Cardiff have been very fortunate in the last few games to get what they have got.  Are they doing better than us? Yes.  Are they playing better than us, not really, unless you thought they were outstanding last week and today? 

They should have been beaten last week and should have lost today, but as you well know Local Derby games often throw up unusual results!

Do you really want our club to progress or are you happy for more of the same?

Before you criticise someone elses opinions and analysis, actually do some proper analysis youself.  You might find it enlightening![^o)]

I have never thought that Hughton was "gods gift", what a ludicrous statement - made without foundation. Struggling for words isn''t an excuse for making stuff up.

Neither do I think that Malky is necessarily a great long term appointment, but what he is is a man manager and motivator. And sorry but thinks have got so bad now that what we desperately need is somebody who can come in and pick these players heads off of the floor and get them scrapping.

There are probably numerous managers out there, but Malky is a much better idea than many that are being floated around at the minute.

Who is it that you want to be manager exactly? Perhaps if you tell me that then we can have a discussion rather than a slanging match.

Mario Been for me, he wouldn''t be a popular choice with people on here tho as he''s not been on soccer AM or MNF sat talking to neville or Owen :S