Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

A leader on the pitch

That''s what we need more than a change of manager.  Bassong was dreadful yesterday and I reckon while he led by example, it was an example of the worst kind.  That''s time for a change and to get the captaincy to someone who can influence the players and get them to lift their heads and dig in.

Ruddy''s my pick, what say you?

Who was that, then?

Seeing as Grant Holt decided to leave of his own free will, as I think the saying goes, you must be talking about David Fox on loan at Barnsley?

RM is the only realistic option, but for me he is not the best rb at the club and so not a shoe in as a starter.

For me we have no stand out players who should be captain.

I thought Bassong would be a great captain, but something is clearly not right with him. He is a shadow of the player he was last season.

I just don''t see any leaders on the pitch.

Snake

The lack of leadership on the field and particularly by the management is a deep seated longstanding problem which should have been addressed at the end of last season.

It''s going to take more than a change of arm band to sort this mess out. Should never have got to this point.

[quote user="MyGodWeArePoorToWatch"]We have no leaders left at the club. The last one jumped ship after seeing what Hughton was all about.[/quote]

I think that sums up the problem with the team/club at the moment.

Holt was a leader and the heart of the team.

We haven''t replaced him and until we do, any manager will struggle

I think I read somewhere during the youth cup run last season than most of the first team attended most of the games - they didn''t have to, but it was Holt who basically forced them all into doing it.

Now, I''m not going to get into a debate about Holt staying or going, there''s now no point. However, he was far more than an on-field player. We had a lot of success buying players with a certain personality as well as ability. That''s a lot harder to do when you get to the premiership, because you sometimes have your hands tied by high costs of players and the need for more quality. I do think though that we have failed to sign enough players who can make an impact off the field and who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck whilst on it.

Again, I don''t like to harp on about Lambert either, but I think he built a side in the mould of his personality. That''s why he got the best out of players - they weren''t just good technically but also had the right sort of personality to work with the manager. Hughton has got a different personality, but I''m not sure he''s necessarily bought players who fall in to line with it. That doesn''t mean these players are "revolting" against his leadership, it just perhaps means that we haven''t quite got the same level of team spirit and ''understanding'' which we have had in the previous few years.

[quote user="iron_stan"]stop scapegoating individuals, the blame lies solely with clueless chris and his inept tactics
[/quote]

I reckon that might be scapegoating an individual.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]

[quote user="iron_stan"]stop scapegoating individuals, the blame lies solely with clueless chris and his inept tactics[/quote]

I reckon that might be scapegoating an individual.

[/quote]yeh i meant stop scapegoating the playershughtons destroyed them with his "style"

incidentally, has anyone considered that perhaps bassongs form has dropped is due to him maybe being a bit isolated in supporting clueless chris ? where the rest of the squad have maybe decided hes just a bit rubbish and doesnt know what hes doing......

[quote user="iron_stan"] has anyone considered that perhaps bassongs form has dropped is due to him maybe being a bit isolated in supporting clueless chris ? where the rest of the squad have maybe decided hes just a bit rubbish and doesnt know what hes doing...... [/quote]Chances are there''s at least one person out there who is petty minded and bitter enough to spend the time conjuring up such abstract scenarios all of which conclude in Chris Hughton being to blame for everything that has ever gone or might ever  go wrong at the club, I''ll let you know if I come across them, you''ll get on well.