Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Hughton Still In - Finished above Lambo last season + Chelsea 8 - 0 Villa

--- norfolkbroadslim: The board won''t sack Hughton on the back of a freak result away at Man City. 

I am not quite sure losing away to Man City is a freak result. In fact I think we have only won three away games since Hughton became manager. If anything, Stoke was the freak result.

The OP may be on a wind up, but none the less no amount of angry posts alters the fact that it will be the board who make the decision on the future of Chris hughton (for all we know they may have already made this decision). I doubt very much that the board are waiting to see what my opinion is or McNally is waiting for the view of say Foghorn before making up his mind.

My personal opinion is that it is time for chris hughton to be replaced, however I have a feeling the club will give him a couple of more games.......

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

The OP may be on a wind up, but none the less no amount of angry posts alters the fact that it will be the board who make the decision on the future of Chris hughton (for all we know they may have already made this decision). I doubt very much that the board are waiting to see what my opinion is or McNally is waiting for the view of say Foghorn before making up his mind.

My personal opinion is that it is time for chris hughton to be replaced, however I have a feeling the club will give him a couple of more games.......

[/quote]

maybe.....but there hasnt yet been any sustained calls for his head at matches yet....and Hughton can count himself fortunate at this. However if there was for a couple of games ,the situation could turn very quickly. Never underestimate fan power in the removal of unwanted managers.

[quote user="Bws Cat "]Anybody who has read the OP''s previous posts will reliase he was a staunch outer before suddenly jumping ship now for the sake of trolling.[/quote]

You have me confused with someone else old pussy!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]--- norfolkbroadslim: The board won''t sack Hughton on the back of a freak result away at Man City.  I am not quite sure losing away to Man City is a freak result. In fact I think we have only won three away games since Hughton became manager. If anything, Stoke was the freak result.[/quote]

Losing wasn''t the freak result.  That''s not what I said.  Losing 7-0 is what makes it a freak result!

God, you lot really are thick!

I don''t see how you cannot grasp what I am saying.  Even a stuffed cabbage would understand that the board will not, and I repeat WILL NOT sack Chris Hughton on the back of a freak result away to Manchester City!

FFS give me strength!!!

[:@][:@][:@]

You are right Norfolkbroadslim, they will not sack him on the back of a freak result away at Man City. They will sack him because his results this calendar year have not been good enough. The Man City result and performance will be the straw that broke the camel''s back.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

He is under contract and it will cost a fortune to get rid of him and his team and replace them with a new manager and their team.  [/quote]

But not as much as it will cost when we go down under Captain Calamity

Still in the hughton in camp.

Results over the next few games will determine if he stays. This month is massive. The next 3 games I think we should expect 4 points minimum. I saw enough against Cardiff to see a team still playing for the manager and quality on the ball.

Fans constantly comparing lambert to hughton is rubbish. Last season we beat two so called top teams in man utd and arsenal. We never beat anyone BIG under lambert. Lambert can do no wrong in some fans eyes. I really don''t think it mattered who took over from lambert they were onto a hiding before they set foot in the door.

@ b-g-hairline I think we should give him till the end of next season and see if he can take us back down to where Lambert dragged us up from yeah????

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

God, you lot really are thick!

I don''t see how you cannot grasp what I am saying.  Even a stuffed cabbage would understand that the board will not, and I repeat WILL NOT sack Chris Hughton on the back of a freak result away to Manchester City!

FFS give me strength!!!

[:@][:@][:@]

[/quote]

Agreed. He should have gone long ago.

According to the "Inners" Lambert would have taken us down last year and we had an "inferior" squad.

So to finish 1 place lower is actually a decent achievement.

I see Malky has double the points that we have and Villa are above us.....

Slim, you are beyond dim if you really believe that the vast majority of posters on here want Hughton out beacuse of our dismal display yesterday. Broaden your mind and look at the whole of the season so far and you will be getting close to the reason. Trying to justify your opinion by using where we finished last season is stupid. At least when we are playing Championship football next year you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside beacuse we still finished above Lambert two seasons previous.

Hughton should be judged on this seasons performance and after 1/4 of the season he gets a big fat 2/10 from me. Simply not good enough. Our results are poor, our squad has the talent to be great but has no motivation under Hughton. The tactics and substitutions are laughable. But it''s allright because we still finished about Lambert last season.   

[quote user="Brightside"]

Slim, you are beyond dim if you really believe that the vast majority of posters on here want Hughton out beacuse of our dismal display yesterday. Broaden your mind and look at the whole of the season so far and you will be getting close to the reason. Trying to justify your opinion by using where we finished last season is stupid. At least when we are playing Championship football next year you can feel all warm and fuzzy inside beacuse we still finished above Lambert two seasons previous.

Hughton should be judged on this seasons performance and after 1/4 of the season he gets a big fat 2/10 from me. Simply not good enough. Our results are poor, our squad has the talent to be great but has no motivation under Hughton. The tactics and substitutions are laughable. But it''s allright because we still finished about Lambert last season.   

[/quote]

Where did I say that the vast majority of posters on here want Hughton out because of our dismal display yesterday????[:^)]   What I said was that the board will not sack Hughton because of a freak result away at Man City!  I cannot believe that I am having to clarify this yet again.  By God you are stupid!

You have also completely missed the point I was making about Lambert and drawn your own imaginery coinclusions!  Which isn''t surprising!!!  What I was saying was that Lambert was hailed as the messiah and a lot of the Hughton Outers have compared the football under Lambert to Hughton.  Now, last season, Paul Lambert went to a new, supposedly bigger club in Aston Villa and Chris Hughton came to Norwich.  A Norwich which a lot of fans have said had some Championship level and below players.  Yet ''clueless Chris'' somehow managed to flukily get us to finish above the messiah''s Villa.  Secondly and rather aptly in the light of the result at Man City, an aston Villa side that went to Chelsea and got absolutely hammered 8-0!  Now did Villa rush to get rid of Lambert?  No!  Did Villa get relegated no!  Where are Villa now?  3 points and 11 goals better off than us!

Which brings me back to my original point.  The board WILL NOT get rid of Hughton on the back of a freak result away at Man City!  If you can''t see this, then you really are extremely dense!

I don''t see why you feel the need to come on here and get angry with me, when all I have said is that the board will Not get rid of Hughton on the back of a freak result away at Man City and I have also explained the reasons why.  Which I will add is a lot more than the vast majority of posters do on here!!!

Now [:#]

The problem is slim is that many saw this result coming.  Maybe not the exact score, but a very heavy defeat has been on the cards, especially since failing to win against Cardiff.

You call it a freak result yet it really wasn''t when you watch the game.  Once we went behind it became a training game for Man City.

A freak result was Sheff Wed beating Reading 5-2. You can say our result is not very common, but a heavy defeat was not unexpected.Infact many at  my place of work were expecting a defeat by at least 5.

You are right to say the board would not sack Hughton because of in your eyes a freak result, but they would if this was the culmination of many bad performances and results since the beginning of the year.  You cannot take this game in isolation, but you can say it could be the straw that finally breaks the Camels back.  A defeat could have been accepted, but the manner and sheer demolition of us, cannot be accepted.

Time to move on methinks!

I must be mad but I''d still give Hughton the next 3 games to stop the rot and turn it around.. I think the board are probably thinking along the same lines.. Apart from wanting it to be him to get us up the table I cant think of a decent replacement.. talk of Malky/Phelan etc terrify me..West Ham (H)Newcastle (A)Palace (H)4 points minimum.. (5/6 quite likely imo)