Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Becchio, Ryan Bennett, Redmond, RVW

All need to be involved to shake that team up against West Ham. Lets shake it up, go 4-4-2 and really get at them and attack them.

Becchio and RVW up front, Redmond on the right and Pilkington on the left with Fer and Howson in the middle. Ryan Bennett to replace one of the hapless duo at the back

Turner is still pony, Bassong on his day is quality as last season proved. This season he hasnt been at the races, whether its to do with injury, fitness or what.

Our defence is barely Premiership standard, bordering Championship. Turner is not good enough, time and time again he proves that. You have to pick weaknesses in the team and thats ours.

The only way we''ll get the best out of Gary Hooper is to give him the opportunities.

He is a PL fledgling at the moment and needs a chance to get his bearings.

Unless he picked up a knock I saw no sense at all in substituting him a half-time on Saturday, especially for the very ordinary and very past it Elmander.

A niggle seems the likeliest, but there has been no news, as Hughton does not make substitutions that early and Hooper had done reasonably well until then ... considering.

I live in hopes of seeing GH and RVW together up front (or thereabouts) with young Redmond wide.

Neither Pilkington nor Snodgrass are direct enough for wide men IMO so to have them both together slows us down a bit.

This is a joke, right?

Seb Bassong and Michael Turner are definitely Premier League centre-backs.

Pilkington isn''t direct enough?! He''s the best player we have at beating his man- and I include Redmond in that as unlike young Nathan, Pilks knows what he''s doing when he gets into the final third.

Redmond will learn that, but by and large his decision making is appalling so far.

I won''t retract.

Neither Pilks nor Snodgrass are direct race down the wing wingers for the most part. Redmond can be.

Beating his man? That''s another thing altogether and Pilkington has a brilliant turn on his day of that there is no doubt.

Ah, if you specify ''race down the wing'' as direct, then I don''t disagree. But surely Pilks is direct in a different way? If you want a player to get the ball, cut inside, run past his man and have a shot, there''s no one more direct than Pilks. He''s up there with Howson in terms of direct running if you ask me.

We are talking about feeding two central strikers with some noted ability in the air.

I was very impressed by Redmond in his last representative game. He hugged the wing a lot and put in a few dangerous crosses.

I am detracting from neither Pilkington nor Snodgrass but believe young Nathan offers something different from the wing.

Obviously the OP is totally wrong with what he''s saying about Turner but actually it might have to be Turner who makes way in order to freshen up the defence.

I''d maybe consider putting Martin in for Bassong because I think if you''re going to put a right sided defencer in the left CB slot it''s better to have someone with a bit more mobility. Which Martin has got and Bennett hasn''t.

But I can''t see Hughton doing that with Bassong so that makes me think it could be Turner to drop out. If anyone.

Micheal Turner is in well over his level constant mistakes at the back causing goals and with bassong not at 100% this season makes things worse, last season when bassong was firing on all cylinders turner had some one to mop up his mess. We should have bought another CB during the summer.

I don''t understand why Redmond isn''t starting regularly obviously he''s now recovering from an injury so are we likely to see him against wet spam?

Turner has been better than Bassong this season.

Turner was also fantastic for us last season and (i think) voted Players POTS?

Bassong mopping up Turners mess? Do you even watch us?

Why Becchio? Regardless of whether he was ever going to be up to premiership standard or not (I don''t personally think he was/is), he hasn''t played even semi-regular competitive football since joining us. What is he going to add which RVW/Hooper/Elmander can''t? Not much.

The Turner criticism is ridiculous and is either someone holding a grudge or being absolutely clueless. Far better than Bassong this season and, other than a shaky first few games, was impressive for most of last season as well. Bennett in for Bassong though may be a decent call - Bassong has been poor so far, whilst I don''t think Bennett did anything wrong when he was in.

RVW, if fit, should be on the pitch, I would agree. Our best striker, so that''s a simple call to make.

It sends out wrong message if we play Elmander. We need to change it up, Becchio has proven at Championship and has never really been given opportunity under Hughton.

For RVW to fire on all cylinders he needs protection up there, someone to create space for him and let him do what he does best. Same for Hooper, he cant play as the lone striker.

Pilkington is class on his day, may lack consistency at times but he has the beating of anyone when on form, he proved that against Ashley Cole last season.