Sign in to follow this  

Could RVW 'Walk' in January?

Reggie Strayshun wrote the following post at 2013-11-04 3:39 PM:

It''s a reasonable question wiz, but frankly we''ve not seen enough of the Wolf deployed in his best role to make an informed decision on that. And anyone who suggests otherwise is being grossly unfair.

He scored loads in Lisbon, and does not just become a bad player overnight.

Exactly this Reg, just the same as Grant a Holt, Morrison and Jackson did not become bad strikers overnight either! They were asked to play the Hughton way!

And what is the best deployment role for RVW - I thought it was centre forward - but playing the Hughton way!

[quote user="Pitchforks Torches"]Oh dear, what a ridiculously pointless thread! Extreme paranoia for what? You can apply that mentality to any player in the squad[/quote]
Well not really. Take Ruddy, a goalkeeper is a goalkeeper whatever the formation we play.  Plus Ruddy has no real competition for his place.
RvW and Hooper for that matter is directly effected by our playing style and formation, and are more likely to get frustrated.
So not at all pointless.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

I guess it is a decent question, but yet another opportunity for a good old slag off Chris Hughton session. From what I have seen of RVW, it was very clear that he was gradually and steadily improving as was the way the side were playing (that is off course with the exception of the Manure and Citeh games in which he didnt play of course) and I was expecting this situation to continue and for contonual better supply reaching RVW/Hooper whoever plays (Plenty of strikers in the Premier League have been slow scoring for whatever reason). If I was RVW I would know that things had started to improve on a personal level and would be looking forward to get back in the team to continue the improvement and help the rest of the lads out during a difficult time,and if I was Gary Hooper then I would be very disappointed with my own performances and effort to date and want to get in the side to prove I am better than that (which he is clearly). They maybe thinking differently, and if they are already looking for a way out, then they should go as soon as possible because we dont need players like that who show no commitment after so few games.....not that I think thats the case.

[/quote]Not like Chris Hughton can influence his performances/the team  set up in any way is it....