Sign in to follow this  

Could RVW 'Walk' in January?

Contracts mean stuff all these days and if he''s realised that the Hughton way is not what he expected, could he badger his agent for an escape route?

Would you be upset or relieved?

It''s a reasonable question wiz, but frankly we''ve not seen enough of the Wolf deployed in his best role to make an informed decision on that. And anyone who suggests otherwise is being grossly unfair.

He scored loads in Lisbon, and does not just become a bad player overnight.

If CH goes, then a prerequisite for the new boss should be an ability to display a modicum of nous as to how to use the squad we have to its strengths.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Contracts mean stuff all these days and if he''s realised that the Hughton way is not what he expected, could he badger his agent for an escape route?

Would you be upset or relieved?

[/quote]
I can certainly see him and/or Hooper getting frustrated if things don''t change. Whether that means a transfer request we''ll just have to wait.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]

It''s times like this that Wiz is happier (and more active on this board) than ever. The phrase ''pig in sh@t'' seems apt in so many ways.

[/quote]
And it gives the usual suspects the chance to boost their post counts with BS replies instead of choosing to ignore or debate.

RVWs best game was against Chelsea, he''s played 5 minuets since then. The timing of the international break and his toe injury couldn''t have been worse for him. He was getting more and more involved every game, starting to show the class you''d expect from a striker of his worth.

My only issue is wether or not Hughton really knows how to utilise him properly. It took 6/7 games for him to actually look good for a large spell rather than just the odd flash of ability. And Hughton has to take part of the blame for that. Although of course it can take time to adjust and adapt.

I know this is just a typical Wiz thread, but it is a serious topic really. RVW could easily get frustrated, Morison and Holt did. Jackson probably too. I''m sure I read RVW and Hooper have had something like 8 shots between them in the league. These are good poachers, especially RVW. They need opportunities to score, the thrive on it. And they way we''re set up, the way we''re playing its just not happening. And you can''t lay too much blame on the forwards.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Could  RVW ''Walk'' in January?

[/quote]

Its just a toe injury, he''ll be walking before January.

I do worrie he may say thanks for the opportunity but I''m off, did we get the players in that he was promised?

He and hooper alike are getting little to no service so I can bet their particularly frustraited leaving clubs after banging in several and comin here to find 1 league goal between them?

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="morty"]*sigh*[/quote]

It''s times like this that Wiz is happier (and more active on this board) than ever. The phrase ''pig in sh@t'' seems apt in so many ways.

[/quote]

And it gives the usual suspects the chance to boost their post counts with BS replies instead of choosing to ignore or debate.

[/quote]

Exactly my friend.[Y]

There is no doubt that with a style of play that actually gets the ball to him in the right areas he will get lots of goals for us. If things carry on as they are I can see lots of want aways in January.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Could  RVW ''Walk'' in January?

[/quote]

Its just a toe injury, he''ll be walking before January.

[/quote]

[:D]

NO because he is contracted to NCFC

He "could" be sold tho but I

Think it would take a bigger bid than the money we paid for him.

We need to feed him and get the ball to him for him to be affective and this has/isn''t happening under Hughton

So a player who has failed to make any impact in a ''major'' league and who then kicked up a fuss, sulked and demanded a move within 6 months of his arrival. The selling club spent £8million on him and he''s in a long term contract, so you can assume the buying club would be spending £8mil as a minimum on buying him.

So an £8million pound striker who has failed to make any impact in a ''major'' league and then sulks when it doesn''t go his way and demands to leave the club. Sounds like the sort of player which clubs will just be queuing up to sign.

If he''s unhappy, he''d be far better working hard and getting his head down, and letting other teams see that he has ability but is just being let down by the service of players around him.

On the basis that strikers love to score goals, given the ways things are going it is not beyond the realms of possibility that RVW or Hooper or both could instruct their respective agents to find them another club during the January transfer window. If a player hands in a transfer request the club can turn it down, but would they want to keep an unhappy player?.......

Unless RVW wanted to buy out his contract (which I''m not even sure he could with so long remaining) then no, he couldn''t walk, but it''s certainly a valid concern.

We saw Holt complaining about the way he was asked to play etc and a lot of fans took that as an opportunity to have a go at Holt saying he wasn''t a team player and that any player should do what is asked of him for the good of the team.

Well just what is now being asked of our two most expensive strikers? They''re not getting any service, they''re not getting any time on the ball, they''re not getting any opportunities to shoot, and as a result they''re not getting any goals.

Would you be happy if you were Gary Hooper or Ricky van Wolfswinkel? I know I wouldn''t and I don''t blame them if they''re pi$$ed off.

It''s all very well saying they need to knuckle down and work hard and not sulk, but the fact of the matter is, how we''re playing, it won''t matter how hard they work as there''s just nothing in these games for them.

We have signed three strikers who are not known for being out and out lone strikers. So what do we do? Play tactics that isolate three talents that if used correctly should be banging them in. Even if we were playing the tactics of expecting them to hold the ball up to bring others into play (what Holt was asked to do)... the others aren''t coming into play enough anymore!

I have defended Hughton all along but the time has now come for drastic changes. Either Hughton has to learn how to get this team working or he has to go. I''m less and less inclined to entertain the earlier notion with every minute of football I have to sit through.

I guess it is a decent question, but yet another opportunity for a good old slag off Chris Hughton session. From what I have seen of RVW, it was very clear that he was gradually and steadily improving as was the way the side were playing (that is off course with the exception of the Manure and Citeh games in which he didnt play of course) and I was expecting this situation to continue and for contonual better supply reaching RVW/Hooper whoever plays (Plenty of strikers in the Premier League have been slow scoring for whatever reason). If I was RVW I would know that things had started to improve on a personal level and would be looking forward to get back in the team to continue the improvement and help the rest of the lads out during a difficult time,and if I was Gary Hooper then I would be very disappointed with my own performances and effort to date and want to get in the side to prove I am better than that (which he is clearly). They maybe thinking differently, and if they are already looking for a way out, then they should go as soon as possible because we dont need players like that who show no commitment after so few games.....not that I think thats the case.

Have we seen any statements, or even rumours, from the side of either RvW or Hooper? If not then I fail to see what the supposed debating point is inspired by, other than circumstance combined with overpessimism. Even our top performing players like Fer and Ruddy have not produced murmurs about wanting away.

Unsurprising as there are still 2 months before the window and anything could happen. I am sure they will start to look out for themselves if we are still ''stuck in it'' then, but until that point there is such a thing as fighting for the cause and not giving up in the face of adversity (I hope Saturday was an aberration on that front), a key part of sports professionalism although one that is not seen as necessary in the modern football follower.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]NO because he is contracted to NCFC He "could" be sold tho but I Think it would take a bigger bid than the money we paid for him. We need to feed him and get the ball to him for him to be affective and this has/isn''t happening under Hughton[/quote]

Yeah, I can barely remember him touching the ball in the last few games.

Why would he? (What would be his reasons?) If, come January, Hughton is still at the helm, that would mean that we picked up the necessary points, and RvW has settled in. If we will have a new manager by then, then who is to tell whether he gets along with RvW, or not?

Good question, Wiz. I''m concerned about this too. The sad thing is that I really don''t think it would take an ''Alex Ferguson level'' manager to get the best out of these new boys (and old for that matter). I still can''t believe how many great positions RvW has got into, and yet how many times the ball has failed to actually find him. Something needs to change before their confidence becomes so shot to shit that they feel it''s time to move on - no offence to Chris Hughton, it was brilliant him bringing them in, but I value this squad of players higher than bottom 3 (even after the tough run) and think with a fresh face could potentially finish higher than last season. Makes me feel bad saying that because I reckon Chris Hughton is a lovely bloke and not as bad a manager as many think - I just think he hasn''t quite clicked here for some reason as sometimes happens, he certainly did at Newcastle and Birmingham though. I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, definitely not been helped with ''the rub of the green'', but sadly, that''s football.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Believe it or not but we actually received a couple of bids for him before he''d even kicked a ball. Every chance we will receive more in Jan.[/quote]

What is the point of somebody bidding for him last summer when he couldn''t have moved clubs anyway?

A player can''t move twice in the same window.

Lol I seriously wonder how some of you manage to leave the house each day.

Have you considered a meteorite could strike carrow road, and the resulting crater could affect midfield passing?

[quote user="morty"]Lol I seriously wonder how some of you manage to leave the house each day. Have you considered a meteorite could strike carrow road, and the resulting crater could affect midfield passing?[/quote]

I think this was raised at the recent fans forum and Chris said that if it did he would change it so that we attack the Barclay in the second half.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol I seriously wonder how some of you manage to leave the house each day. Have you considered a meteorite could strike carrow road, and the resulting crater could affect midfield passing?[/quote]

I think this was raised at the recent fans forum and Chris said that if it did he would change it so that we attack the Barclay in the second half.

[/quote]
[:D]