Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

History Repeating

Man City was our Colchester moment. Just a shame Pellegrini won''t be Hughton''s replacement. Even if we beat strikerless West Ham I suspect the wheels of change are already in motion. Malkay may have just won the South Wales derby but surely he can''t see his future there long term. Norwich is looking like an all too convenient escape route for him. At least the big feller has a plan B!

Goodbye and thanks Mr Hughton. You managed our second season in the prem to good effect but you have failed to evolve your tactics in your second season. With Lambert you never knew what he''d do next, but even with the injuries this weekend, most of us would have predicted the line-up and formation. It''s all gone stale and predictable. The players need a different voice and a decent back room staff. Neither of which you can offer us.

cant understand this clamour for malky who was tactically out thought by our self derided Hughton and would have lost the recent game 99 times out of a hundred.

Awful negative football - we should be aiming so much higher.

Nothing like the situation the club was in after the Colchester game, nothing like it. Malky would certainly be a popular choice, BUT would he really be an improvement on what we have right now, I need convincing. 

Wow how lucky was he that he happened to be in charge for the one game out of 100 !

His team created the best chance of the game despite us clearly having the better players not forgetting he actually changed his tactics during a game !

I am not suggesting he is the answer but there are two sides to every story.

Sorry KG but we should have Mullered them! With all due respect but Malkys'' tactics had very little to do with the result.

They had 1 decent chance but tgat was it and tgat was because of poor defending. Were you really that impressed?

Snake

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

cant understand this clamour for malky who was tactically out thought by our self derided Hughton

[/quote]

I don''t want Malky to come in if Hughton goes as I don''t think he''d be an improvement, but I fail to see how he was out thought by Hughton. Cardiff we''re clearly struggling in the first half and he responded with changes during the break. He was clearly happy to go away with a point and Hughton had no answer on how to break Cardiff down in that 2nd half and we resorted to taking pop shots from distance and Malky went away with what he came for.

[quote user="KeelansGlove"]Wow how lucky was he that he happened to be in charge for the one game out of 100 !

His team created the best chance of the game despite us clearly having the better players not forgetting he actually changed his tactics during a game !

I am not suggesting he is the answer but there are two sides to every story.[/quote]At halftime, he took off 2 attacking players, and replaced them with 2 holding midfielders.If Hughton had done that, he would still be being slated for it today.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Wow how lucky was he that he happened to be in charge for the one game out of 100 ! His team created the best chance of the game despite us clearly having the better players not forgetting he actually changed his tactics during a game ! I am not suggesting he is the answer but there are two sides to every story.[/quote]

At halftime, he took off 2 attacking players, and replaced them with 2 holding midfielders.

If Hughton had done that, he would still be being slated for it today.
[/quote]

Yeah but the difference is that Malky''s Plan B worked however when or rather if Hughton had changed it I have no confidence that he would have got it right.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

cant understand this clamour for malky who was tactically out thought by our self derided Hughton and would have lost the recent game 99 times out of a hundred.

Awful negative football - we should be aiming so much higher.

[/quote]

I don''t want Malky but he clearly outthought Hughton in the second half when we played them

I still fail to see how we were unlucky not to win 4 /5 - 0. Virtually all our efforts were from pot shots outside the box. In common every league game this season we created very little in the area. No wonder our poor strikers struggle. Whether or not Malky is god enough I don''t know but we do need someone who has the tactical nous to change things.

So, so hilarious - and yet so predictable: the hoards of Norwich fans wanting their sentimental, happy, little old Norwich managerial appointment in Malky Mackay.

Well ask yourself this. If he had never played for us, would you even be thinking about him as a possible candidate to manage us?

Answer? Would you f***!