Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

i dont know whats more embarrassing

the fact hughtons still in charge or the people who think he should be given more time

its still ''nice little ol'' norwich''

I''m not in either camp.

I don''t think we should sack a manager after a defeat at Man City, where we were expected to lose.

I think we should wait until we fail to beat West Ham at home, where everybody will accept that this is a must win game for a team in 18th.

Waiting a week is probably the sensible thing to do.

He defo wont go today, he will get west ham, but if we go 1-0 down its going to be a nasty atmosphere, that no-one will like. In my eyes he needs to do something special like 3 wins in a row to win fans over again. I feel hes lost the fans now.

What is more embarrassing is these continual threads about the same thing, usually directed at those who have a different opinion, that''s all....get over it...... 

Why do we need 20 threads about exactly the same thing? Yes, we all know Hughton isn''t exactly doing very well at the moment, that we''re 18th in the league and that the West Ham game is a must-win or else he''s gone. We''re probably fuelling the attention-seeking by replying, mind...

People re-writing history to prove that they were right is a bit embarrassing.

"I told you he was shit and I''ve got the stats to prove it!"

[quote user="Herman "]People re-writing history to prove that they were right is a bit embarrassing.

"I told you he was shit and I''ve got the stats to prove it!"[/quote]Couldn''t agree more.

Do tend to agree with this. I''ve written probably more than my fair share of verbiage over the last 48 hrs...probably born out of frustration as much as anything.

I want some action from the board, but as it''s now after 5 on Monday, it appears there will not be any imminently.

It''s going to be a long week with loads of duplication re thread titles. Which will be the most copied ?. My money is on "What will be the lineup v West Ham ?" or "What will happen if we do not beat West Ham ?"

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Do tend to agree with this. I''ve written probably more than my fair share of verbiage over the last 48 hrs...probably born out of frustration as much as anything.

I want some action from the board, but as it''s now after 5 on Monday, it appears there will not be any imminently.

It''s going to be a long week with loads of duplication re thread titles. Which will be the most copied ?. My money is on "What will be the lineup v West Ham ?" or "What will happen if we do not beat West Ham ?"[/quote]

I think that was always pretty obvious from the start. Knee jerk decisions are seldom the right ones and McNally and the board were unlikely to be swayed by that one terrible result. My supposition was that he would have until the end of November unless anything cataclysmic happened against West Ham.He is being given more rope and it remains to be seen if he can use it to climb to safety or be hung by it.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Do tend to agree with this. I''ve written probably more than my fair share of verbiage over the last 48 hrs...probably born out of frustration as much as anything.

It''s going to be a long week with loads of duplication re thread titles. Which will be the most copied ?. My money is on "What will be the lineup v West Ham ?" or "What will happen if we do not beat West Ham ?"[/quote]

I think that was always pretty obvious from the start. Knee jerk decisions are seldom the right ones and McNally and the board were unlikely to be swayed by that one terrible result. My supposition was that he would have until the end of November unless anything cataclysmic happened against West Ham.He is being given more rope and it remains to be seen if he can use it to climb to safety or be hung by it.[/quote]

Hmm. I''d wager Paolo di Canio might just have a different take on that Ricardo.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Do tend to agree with this. I''ve written probably more than my fair share of verbiage over the last 48 hrs...probably born out of frustration as much as anything.

I think that was always pretty obvious from the start. Knee jerk decisions are seldom the right ones and McNally and the board were unlikely to be swayed by that one terrible result. My supposition was that he would have until the end of November unless anything cataclysmic happened against West Ham.He is being given more rope and it remains to be seen if he can use it to climb to safety or be hung by it.[/quote]

Hmm. I''d wager Paolo di Canio might just have a different take on that Ricardo.[/quote]

He was on a hiding to nothing at Sunderland.You can''t make a silk purse out of a sow''s ear, as Poyett will soon prove.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I don''t think we should sack a manager after a defeat at Man City, where we were expected to lose.

[/quote]

This attitude kills me, it really does. ''We were expected to lose'', So? Who gives a fook? That''s no excuse for being royally fooked over 7-0 is it? Only excuse for that is poor tactics from the start. We''ve proven over our first 2 PL campaigns that we can compete with the ''big boys'', even with a team supposedly less capable than our team now. This is our third season now in the premier league, we have a more than capable squad, more than capable facilities, yet the club and most of our supporters seem perfectly content with ''expecting'' to lose against the bigger teams, and when we do we take it on the chin, say we tried, hop back on our tractors/sisters, and wait for the next inevitable 3-0 defeat.

We''re becoming a joke of a club; a very small fish in a not that big pond. It kills me to see Southampton and Swansea perform the way they do, both are clubs of similar sizes and similar squad ability to us yet we''re nowhere near them in terms of ambition and current performance level. The club coming out and saying that ''we can''t afford European football'' or whatever nonsense it was they said made me want to shoot someone, if we''re being told that we can''t afford to play at the top, then what''s the point in playing at all?!?!?!? Where''s the fun in lower-to-mid-table finishes every season? There isn''t any. I could go on about this for days but you get the picture.

We need to shake off this little ol'' Norwich mentality fast because it''s genuinely embarrassing.

its not just about the 4-0 and 7-0its also the form, the tactics, the style, the mentality, the results, the dropping heads, the money spent, the lack of intelligent and forward thinking substitutions, the pointless late substitutions, the fact hes been doing the SAME thing since the pre season he took the damn job and still doesnt have a plan B, and the other fact that one half of his hair is a different shade to the other ;)