Sign in to follow this  
morty

Lost the dressing room?

We will have our answer Saturday as to whether or not he has lost the dressing room.A bad performance and anything less than a win and he should go immediately.I just think this is a more reasoned way to judge the situation rather than on the Man City game, which as I said, we expected to lose anyway.I never really made that much of the ten games, what you do over the course of a whole season is what keeps you up or not.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]Wow, did martin really defend hughton in the local.paper!? I simply cannot believe this, a player not criticising his under pressure manager? Honestly this must be a first, and if anyone didn''t believe the players have complete faith in hughton, well it''s right there, in black and white. What a relief! Cheers for that morty! Oh by the way i''ve got some ''magic beans'' you might be interested in. Pm me.[/quote]Theres plenty of social media around if players want to grumble and speak out.So you know, 100% the players have all lost faith in the manager, do you?Really?

I agree Morty.

For me, only a win can save his job.

A win buys him Newcastle and Palace. Unless we leave St. James park with something, then I suspect only a win at home to Palace would do too.

But I''m going to hope that we win. It is easiest for all concerned, and much cheaper for our club, if he turns it around.

But I''d be lying if I said that I was confident of a win on Saturday, I just can''t see it happening.

[quote user="Le Juge"]I agree Morty.

For me, only a win can save his job.

A win buys him Newcastle and Palace. Unless we leave St. James park with something, then I suspect only a win at home to Palace would do too.

But I''m going to hope that we win. It is easiest for all concerned, and much cheaper for our club, if he turns it around.

But I''d be lying if I said that I was confident of a win on Saturday, I just can''t see it happening.[/quote]I don''t disagree with any of that, and I am not particularly confident that he can pull it off.I would like him to though.

if you look through to managers who have actually lost the dressing room (di canio most recently) players don''t come out and say it until after they have left.

however - during their player interviews, do they say they are behind the manager? not at all, they avoid/change the subject.

hughton has the dressing room, for how much longer is anyones guess.

This argument is basically the polar opposite of the argument that''s Hughton is uninspiring due to his pre match interviews.

The club captain isn''t going to come out and say there has been trouble in the dressing room, likewise Hughton is never going to come out and say he wants to kick some ass next game.

It''s basic sense really and a poor point to make.

That is my opinion and also what I understood to be the case on Saturday evening. Weren''t radio Norfolk speculating that no player''s would be allowed to speak only for Martin to step up before Hughton gave his interview?