Sign in to follow this  
morty

Lost the dressing room?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]and you are not predictable then morty ? pretty much the same when wiz starts a thread [:D] [/quote]Not really, and you make yourself look a bit silly making the comparison.[/quote]not really, you are pollyanna and wiz is the anti christ but you can pretty much guarantee the stance you will both take on every thread

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="morty"]Ah right, of course, he''s a bare faced liar. Silly me.[/quote]
That article is a bit of lazy journalism regurgitating the immediate post match interview. It is worth looking at that interview if you can - certainly its on canaries player. Russ was visibly shaken and body language not great - hardly surprising in the circumstances.
He was genuine, said all the right things and I felt was sincere when he said that nobody was hurting more than the players and that they all took responsibility.
However despite that I am not sure that it provides evidence that the group are 100% behind the manager. More that it expressed the pain of professional footballers that had just taken a drubbing.
As others have said we will find out in the game or games to come and particularly the reaction should we go a goal behind.
OTBC
[/quote]No, I don''t think its evidence in the slightest, but like i said, it would have been just as easy to do no press whatsoever.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"]and you are not predictable then morty ? pretty much the same when wiz starts a thread [:D] [/quote]Not really, and you make yourself look a bit silly making the comparison.[/quote]not really, you are pollyanna and wiz is the anti christ but you can pretty much guarantee the stance you will both take on every thread [/quote]I''m a realist, not a hissy, knee jerking reactionary.If the manager has lost the dressing room, he has to go now, but still the best outcome, for Norwich City, is that he turns it around.

[quote user="morty"]

Do you realise that over the last week you have actually morphed into Wiz?

[;)]
[/quote]

So says the poster who has embraced the title of Percy Positive since LDC saw the light. [:P]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?[/quote]well i reckon a jury with no prior knowledge of both teams would either reach a verdict that we are either about 4 leagues apart or we weren''t too @rsed about putting a shift in for the boss[/quote]Or, hang on, and you maybe better sit down for this.....They are just A LOT better than us?[/quote]they are a lot better than cardiff who beat them, they are a lot better than stoke who drew with them, they are a lot better than hull who they finally struggled to overcome 2-0 and they are a lot better than us who spinelessly caved in with barely a whimper[/quote]Yup great logic. And we beat Man Utd and Arsenal last season, so we''re better than them?[/quote]no but it shows what can be achieved when the players are behind the manager and close teams down and put the effort in .

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Do you realise that over the last week you have actually morphed into Wiz?[;)][/quote]

So says the poster who has embraced the title of Percy Positive since LDC saw the light. [:P]

[/quote]Eh?I don''t know if you bother to read my views, but I have stated that if he has lost the dressing room, he has to go now.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?[/quote]well i reckon a jury with no prior knowledge of both teams would either reach a verdict that we are either about 4 leagues apart or we weren''t too @rsed about putting a shift in for the boss[/quote]Or, hang on, and you maybe better sit down for this.....They are just A LOT better than us?[/quote]they are a lot better than cardiff who beat them, they are a lot better than stoke who drew with them, they are a lot better than hull who they finally struggled to overcome 2-0 and they are a lot better than us who spinelessly caved in with barely a whimper[/quote]Yup great logic. And we beat Man Utd and Arsenal last season, so we''re better than them?[/quote]no but it shows what can be achieved when the players are behind the manager and close teams down and put the effort in .[/quote]The manager has very little to do with it as soon as the players step over the white line. The players need to take more responsibility for Saturday, than the manager does.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]

Do you realise that over the last week you have actually morphed into Wiz?

[;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Eh?

I don''t know if you bother to read my views, but I have stated that if he has lost the dressing room, he has to go now.

[/quote]

Morty you have been a staunch defender of Hughton especially in recent weeks on numerous threads.

Russell Martin also stated this last week and look how spot on he was with this statement?!

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/norwich_city_s_russell_martin_warns_the_time_has_come_to_cut_out_defensive_charity_1_2954959

Yes I have, but do try and keep up.If he has lost the dressing room, he has to go.But still the best outcome for the club is IF he can turn things around.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?[/quote]well i reckon a jury with no prior knowledge of both teams would either reach a verdict that we are either about 4 leagues apart or we weren''t too @rsed about putting a shift in for the boss[/quote]Or, hang on, and you maybe better sit down for this.....They are just A LOT better than us?[/quote]they are a lot better than cardiff who beat them, they are a lot better than stoke who drew with them, they are a lot better than hull who they finally struggled to overcome 2-0 and they are a lot better than us who spinelessly caved in with barely a whimper[/quote]Yup great logic. And we beat Man Utd and Arsenal last season, so we''re better than them?[/quote]no but it shows what can be achieved when the players are behind the manager and close teams down and put the effort in .[/quote]The manager has very little to do with it as soon as the players step over the white line. The players need to take more responsibility for Saturday, than the manager does.[/quote]the buck stops with the manager, if he can''t set them up, organize them, coach them and motivate them to give their all for him, he has to go.

Does this count as trolling that I knew pretty much exactly how this thread was going to go lol?

[quote user="im spartacus"]i thought we were having a reasoned debate about whether or not hoots had lost the dressing room morty ? does everything come back to trolling ?[/quote]Theres no debate to be had, as nothing can be proven.One side of the divide will take Russels words at face value, with perhaps the caveat of waiting to see if they are backed up on Saturday, the other side will just say he has been wheeled out and talk is cheap.So no actual debate to be had, is there?Like I said, the proof of the pudding will be Saturday, and it will be the benchmark I use to judge whether or not he has lost the dressing room, not last Saturday, a game we expected to lose anyway.

Even under Roeder we didn''t get the players comming out "you know this current manager, he''s f&£-ing mental". I see no reason a perfectly likeable man like Hughton will have actually lost the dressing room whether he''s able to motivate and inspire them is something different.

Morty wrote

There''s no debate to be had, as nothing can be proven.

Ah well, probably best to say no more then.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Morty wrote

There''s no debate to be had, as nothing can be proven.

Ah well, probably best to say no more then.[/quote]Thanks for your contribution[Y]

My view is that Hughton has never had the full support of the dressing room and that has deteriorated to the extent it has now.

While watching our mauling at Fulham at the start of last season, I simply said what I thought - the players aren''t playing for him. And what I mean by that is not every player, but in more general terms. What has happened has an air of inevitability about it.

I think Hughtons negative tactics have come home to roost and some key players - Bassong (who has openly criticised Hughton''s style of play) being one of them, have just had enough and aren''t motivated anymore.

In hindsight, Hughton was the wrong appointment and it is one I would of hoped the board would of addressed by now.

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]I''ve heard it''s all because Hughton has banned ketchup and mayonaisse[/quote]Whats your sauce on this?

[quote user="basil brush"]My view is that Hughton has never had the full support of the dressing room and that has deteriorated to the extent it has now.

While watching our mauling at Fulham at the start of last season, I simply said what I thought - the players aren''t playing for him. And what I mean by that is not every player, but in more general terms. What has happened has an air of inevitability about it.

I think Hughtons negative tactics have come home to roost and some key players - Bassong (who has openly criticised Hughton''s style of play) being one of them, have just had enough and aren''t motivated anymore.

In hindsight, Hughton was the wrong appointment and it is one I would of hoped the board would of addressed by now.[/quote]Did you mention at the time he was appointed, that you thought he was wrong for the job?

I initially thought that Hughton would be not as good as Lambert, but not as bad as he has turned out. A safe pair of hands, but no more.

I was a naturally concerned after the first game last season and was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt (like many others) at the end of last season after some woeful matches.

I''ve wanted him gone for most of this season for many reasons and see absolutely see no reason to keep him. He has sucked the drive and soul out of the squad - his squad.

I do not blame the board for appointing him, as it seemed a logical choice at the time, but as I said, in hindsight it was the wrong decision as he is taking the club backwards.

The club kept Worthngton way too long. I don''t want that to happen again.

[quote user="basil brush"]I initially thought that Hughton would be not as good as Lambert, but not as bad as he has turned out. A safe pair of hands, but no more.

I was a naturally concerned after the first game last season and was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt (like many others) at the end of last season after some woeful matches.

I''ve wanted him gone for most of this season for many reasons and see absolutely see no reason to keep him. He has sucked the drive and soul out of the squad - his squad.

I do not blame the board for appointing him, as it seemed a logical choice at the time, but as I said, in hindsight it was the wrong decision as he is taking the club backwards.

The club kept Worthngton way too long. I don''t want that to happen again.[/quote]Fair enough, and totally agree re Worthy.

I fairness I''m not sure we can say he was the wrong appointment because last season he did what was needed. He''s also signed some decent players. The problem is simply that his mindset and limitations means we have hit his glass ceiling which is likely to be scrambling around looking to avoid relegation.

Reporter " so Russell what''s happening with the team at the moment" Russell "well he''s got us playing the worse football in years, none of us buy into his joke tactics even tho I''m guaranteed to start week in week out" ring ring, Russell answers "oh hello David WHAT your taking my WHOLE weeks wages for speaking the truth, bugger"

Morty, I''ve wanted Hughton to turn this around for a long time, it is a question of how long we can wait.

And for me if we don''t get a big response from the players, going out there and getting 3 points to save their managers skin, then I just can''t see how he can get any more time.

There are examples of a managerial change working for teams in the relegation zone. Whether they are far and few between or not I don''t know.

But Di Matteo was sacked with West Brom in the relegation zone, they finished 11th. That''s one fairly recent example.

I''d be as happy as anyone if we can go on a run and get ourselves in mid-table. But that run really would need to start immediately.

It should have started against Cardiff, we were unlucky that it didn''t - but the fact is that it didn''t. I don''t know how much longer ''luck'' can be used as an excuse. We are due some.

I was one of those "10 gamers", and although it is fair to point out that 5 of those games have come from last seasons top 6, it would also be fair to point out that we won''t get an easier run of home games than Cardiff, West Ham and Crystal Palace.

With 2 points lost against Cardiff I just can''t see how there is any margin to drop points at home to West Ham now. It is a must win and "unlucky" is an excuse that has been used too much this season now. It was used for Hull, it was used for Villa, it was used for Cardiff. Three of the five games that we have played against people who were not in last seasons top 6.

That''s just my opinion and I welcome anybody else to theirs, whatever it is.

If we''d beaten Cardiff there might have been room for "unlucky" and "played very well" if we''d drawn against West Ham. Our failure to beat Cardiff has to make this a must win, nothing less.

Wow, did martin really defend hughton in the local.paper!? I simply cannot believe this, a player not criticising his under pressure manager? Honestly this must be a first, and if anyone didn''t believe the players have complete faith in hughton, well it''s right there, in black and white. What a relief! Cheers for that morty! Oh by the way i''ve got some ''magic beans'' you might be interested in. Pm me.