Sign in to follow this  
morty

Lost the dressing room?

To be fair, I don''t think I''ve ever heard a player come out and admit to mutiny. Would be funny though.

What else would he say......................''we lost on Saturday, and the Saturday before, because the gaffer''s tactics are rubbish''?

Russell Martin has been wheeled out as the human shield so I really do not know what you were expecting him to say Morty ?

Well at least we''re no longer waiting for players to come out and back the manager even though the truth of the statement will be doubted if it doesn''t suit.

Hmm...so a player is selected to talk to the press he is hardly going to say "the manager is a tw#@". I wouldn''t take this to mean that all the players think like this. NCFC selected a guy who is a "safe-bet" to talk to the press. I hope you''re right but still not convinced. What goes on behind closed doors is often different. We shall see on Saturday. OTBC

The players have to do the talking on the pitch.

To me against Man Utd, and to a degree Man City, it didn''t look like a team who were hurting after Cardiff.

At least two of players were critical of the fans reaction after Cardiff (perhaps justifiably because really we were so unlucky).

I know that you have a differing view of the Man Utd game, and that is fair enough, but the players really need to show that they want to fight for their managers life on Saturday if people are to start believing this type of rhetoric.

Words aren''t going to help us now, the players need to put in a good performance and get a result on Saturday if Martin and co are going to be able to sell this to the fans.

We have Turner coming out before Man Utd saying that the two Manchester games are the reason why they play football, Snodgrass coming out saying that the players believe they can win, Martin coming out and saying that the manager has the support of the players.

We need results, nothing more and nothing less.

[quote user="Le Juge"]The players have to do the talking on the pitch.

To me against Man Utd, and to a degree Man City, it didn''t look like a team who were hurting after Cardiff.

At least two of players were critical of the fans reaction after Cardiff (perhaps justifiably because really we were so unlucky).

I know that you have a differing view of the Man Utd game, and that is fair enough, but the players really need to show that they want to fight for their managers life on Saturday if people are to start believing this type of rhetoric.

Words aren''t going to help us now, the players need to put in a good performance and get a result on Saturday if Martin and co are going to be able to sell this to the fans.

We have Turner coming out before Man Utd saying that the two Manchester games are the reason why they play football, Snodgrass coming out saying that the players believe they can win, Martin coming out and saying that the manager has the support of the players.

We need results, nothing more and nothing less.[/quote]Well obviously.I''m not a simpering teenager who is grasping onto the last slivers of hope, and reading this press article has stopped me cutting myself.But an extremely important issue for me as to what the best outcome is whether or not the manager still has the backing of the players.And of course, the proof of the pudding will be in the eating, around 5:30pm on Saturday.

[quote user="morty"]Ah right, of course, he''s a bare faced liar. Silly me.
[/quote]

So Morty you thought you would start a thread and not get any opposing views ?

[quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Ah right, of course, he''s a bare faced liar. Silly me.[/quote]

So Morty you thought you would start a thread and not get any opposing views ?

[/quote]You''re not disagreeing with me, you''re disagreeing with Russel Martin, I just posted the link.

Can''t argue with that.

So we all agree really, actions speak louder than words.

Of course, a divided dressing room would be worse than a "lost" dressing room, and if there were unhappy players then they wouldn''t be selected to be thrown in front of the press (and probably wouldn''t have agreed either).

But if we thought any first XI player was unhappy it was Ruddy, and he has gone and signed a new deal, so none of us really know.

I''d love for us to go and hammer the hammers, just can''t see it happening. I''d love to be proved wrong (actually would).

If Hughton can turn this ship around then I''m not arguing, and perhaps then McNally would be due some praise for sticking by his man.

you will never find the club captain come out in such a situation and say anything different.

For what its worth i don;t think he''s "lost" the dressing room in the sense of theur being any animosity towards Hughton. he''s a likeable bloke and I am sure the players quite like him on a personal level.

I just think his tactics/approach have suck the life/confidence out of many of them and maybe a few do not fully buy in to how they are being asked to play.

[quote user="Le Juge"]Can''t argue with that.

So we all agree really, actions speak louder than words.

Of course, a divided dressing room would be worse than a "lost" dressing room, and if there were unhappy players then they wouldn''t be selected to be thrown in front of the press (and probably wouldn''t have agreed either).

But if we thought any first XI player was unhappy it was Ruddy, and he has gone and signed a new deal, so none of us really know.

I''d love for us to go and hammer the hammers, just can''t see it happening. I''d love to be proved wrong (actually would).

If Hughton can turn this ship around then I''m not arguing, and perhaps then McNally would be due some praise for sticking by his man.[/quote]The best outcome is still for Hughton to turn this around. It has been proven, time and time again, that sacking your manager does not immediately improve results.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?[/quote]well i reckon a jury with no prior knowledge of both teams would either reach a verdict that we are either about 4 leagues apart or we weren''t too @rsed about putting a shift in for the boss

Its funny, but I knew exactly which posters would post what, as soon as I started this thread lol.Well I guess its down to how much integrity you think Russel Martin has. The club or players don''t have to do any press whatsoever, and we probably all could have understood if they all went into hiding for the week.

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?[/quote]well i reckon a jury with no prior knowledge of both teams would either reach a verdict that we are either about 4 leagues apart or we weren''t too @rsed about putting a shift in for the boss[/quote]Or, hang on, and you maybe better sit down for this.....They are just A LOT better than us?

[quote user="morty"]Its funny, but I knew exactly which posters would post what, as soon as I started this thread lol.

Well I guess its down to how much integrity you think Russel Martin has. The club or players don''t have to do any press whatsoever, and we probably all could have understood if they all went into hiding for the week.
[/quote]

Morty for goodness sake the Club wheeled out Martin to feed the hungry press on the back of a mauling or do you think he asked the media office if he could do it of his own accord ?.

[quote user="im spartacus"]and you are not predictable then morty ? pretty much the same when wiz starts a thread [:D] [/quote]Not really, and you make yourself look a bit silly making the comparison.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?[/quote]well i reckon a jury with no prior knowledge of both teams would either reach a verdict that we are either about 4 leagues apart or we weren''t too @rsed about putting a shift in for the boss[/quote]Or, hang on, and you maybe better sit down for this.....They are just A LOT better than us?[/quote]they are a lot better than cardiff who beat them, they are a lot better than stoke who drew with them, they are a lot better than hull who they finally struggled to overcome 2-0 and they are a lot better than us who spinelessly caved in with barely a whimper

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Its funny, but I knew exactly which posters would post what, as soon as I started this thread lol.Well I guess its down to how much integrity you think Russel Martin has. The club or players don''t have to do any press whatsoever, and we probably all could have understood if they all went into hiding for the week.[/quote]

Morty for goodness sake the Club wheeled out Martin to feed the hungry press on the back of a mauling or do you think he asked the media office if he could do it of his own accord ?.

[/quote]Do you realise that over the last week you have actually morphed into Wiz?[;)]

[quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"][quote user="morty"][quote user="im spartacus"] the evidence was there before our eyes on Saturday the dressing room is well and truly lost[/quote]Actual evidence, or just your opinion?[/quote]well i reckon a jury with no prior knowledge of both teams would either reach a verdict that we are either about 4 leagues apart or we weren''t too @rsed about putting a shift in for the boss[/quote]Or, hang on, and you maybe better sit down for this.....They are just A LOT better than us?[/quote]they are a lot better than cardiff who beat them, they are a lot better than stoke who drew with them, they are a lot better than hull who they finally struggled to overcome 2-0 and they are a lot better than us who spinelessly caved in with barely a whimper[/quote]Yup great logic. And we beat Man Utd and Arsenal last season, so we''re better than them?

[quote user="morty"]Ah right, of course, he''s a bare faced liar. Silly me.[/quote]
That article is a bit of lazy journalism regurgitating the immediate post match interview. It is worth looking at that interview if you can - certainly its on canaries player. Russ was visibly shaken and body language not great - hardly surprising in the circumstances.
He was genuine, said all the right things and I felt was sincere when he said that nobody was hurting more than the players and that they all took responsibility.
However despite that I am not sure that it provides evidence that the group are 100% behind the manager. More that it expressed the pain of professional footballers that had just taken a drubbing.
As others have said we will find out in the game or games to come and particularly the reaction should we go a goal behind.
OTBC

Funny how a few signs of positivity, however contrived you may think it may be, really ruffles a few peoples feathers....