Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

Hughton, Calderwood and Trollope.

Just seen a stat from Clint on this forum that is really shocking.

In 48 league games under this management team we''ve only managed to come from behind to win a match once. I think the best thing to do is to sack Hughton and co after the West Ham game regardless of the result hoping that they have the whole week to prepare and get some kind of reaction out of the players. In the long run we won''t progress anymore under this management team. That would then give McNally 2 weeks I believe to appoint a new manager.

Sack him now, let adams take charge for west ham, appoint new manager in international break then he has got 2 very winnable matches after to follow. Now is a good time. I was all for giving him man city and west ham to turn things around. But man city was just embarassing, worst league defeat in 70 years. If we do beat west ham i feel we are just delaying the inevitable. Poor subs, poor tactics, poor formations, not getting best out of our best squad ever and £13m worth of strikers.

That would be a worry, he beats west ham or gets a 0-0 draw and McNally thinks.... that''ll keep the fans happy for 3-4 more games. He''d be wrong tho despite this board being a minority all Norwich fans I know outside of this place want shut of him aswell. The writings been on the wall since the pre-season he took over. Dour football, negative tactics and pathetic substitutions and NOT GOING FOR IT. I did quite like the bloke now I fu(king despise the plank and sooner he''s gone the better. The media and other managers love him A, he''s sooooo nice B, he''ll talk to anyone whenever and C, he''s never got a negative word to say about their team and D their team hear him before hand and laugh thinking if he''s told his players were superstars and play amazing football and we''re top class (Luton springs to mine) then what''s not to like about him. Jesus christ he should do the opposition''s team talk

I''m all for getting a new manager in ASAP as I feel Hughton is as we know awful at making the right subs at the right time. Tactically poor and he doesn''t make the so called first names on the team sheet feel they have to fight for a starting place. I suppose putting Mr Adams in charge for the West Ham game would not harm as it shouldn''t be hard to get a reaction from the players as they should all be hurting badly.

We do have to thank Hughton for the very good signings he has made for our club unless there was someone behind the scenes calling the shots but I do believe they were Hughton''s. A couple of signings I believe were very poor as I don''t believe they are up to the required standard but the rest I believe will be successes, especially RVW he just needs the right service like Holty needed. That''s another mistake Hughton made and that was to not realise how much Holt gave us on and off the pitch. He did so much for us and he was our leader and talisman. I believe if we kept Holt happy on the pitch he would have stayed but we have to move on and get behind RVW and Hooper. Whoever takes over from Hughton will have a very good set of players to work with.

1 in 48! Didn''t know that but I can''t say i''m surprised, the first thought that enters my mind when we concede first is ''well, we won''t be winning this''. Concede two and you know it''s game over. Just another fact that highlights how poor this managerial team are.

[quote user="JF"]1 in 48! Didn''t know that but I can''t say i''m surprised, the first thought that enters my mind when we concede first is ''well, we won''t be winning this''. Concede two and you know it''s game over. Just another fact that highlights how poor this managerial team are.[/quote]

Why is that shocking? What would be a realistic amount of games each season we should expect to make comeback wins?

What is not shocking about that?? So when we concede a goal we just have to accept we are going to lose because we have a managerial team who can''t make the right subs or get their tactics right when we are chasing a game??

When the players aren''t playing for the manager, you replace the manager.

Hughton cannot turn this around. On the most ardent and deluded Norwich fan would think he could.

Hughton Out! Out! Out!

I just don''t think it''s shocking. It''s not good. Man Utd had 9 last season, Spurs and Everton had 5, Arsenal and Chelsea had 4, Reading had 3, Wigan, WBA, Villa, Stoke and Liverpool had 2, Norwich, QPR, Swansea, Southampton, Sunderland and West Ham had1 and Fulham a big fat 0! So not good just kinda average for a bottom half premier league team.

This is just another example where I think people try to hang a stat on Hughton and attack him with it. It''s not a realistic criticism. It''s not shocking at all. But it''s certainly not anything to write home about either. What were you realistally expecting the figure to be?

[quote user="hazza9"]Just seen a stat from Clint on this forum that is really shocking.

In 48 league games under this management team we''ve only managed to come from behind to win a match once. I think the best thing to do is to sack Hughton and co after the West Ham game regardless of the result hoping that they have the whole week to prepare and get some kind of reaction out of the players. In the long run we won''t progress anymore under this management team. That would then give McNally 2 weeks I believe to appoint a new manager.[/quote]And to win tonights star prizeeeee.... can anyone name the game it was in the Hughton era where we made this comeback?

So nutty your happy under the guidance of Hughton are you?? I''m not going to sit here and give you my expectation as it''s pointless I''m just saying it doesn''t bring much hope if we go a goal down.

Seeing Nige clearly is the sort of guy who has all these stats at his fingertips, perhaps he might care to answer the query he I placed on Clint''s original posting yesterday..ie how many times have we come back to DRAW (never mind win) after going behing under Hughton''s tutelage ?

Obviously Everton on the first day this season, but how about before ?

This is not designed to start an argument ,btw. I''m genuinely interested, and don''t know how to look this sort of stat up.

Only one reversal of a losing position in 48 games is startling, especially in view of how many defeats we have suffered.

One slightly worrying aspect of this is our tendency now to chase a game we are losing by one or two goals which we then lose by three or four goals.

This may be due to the fact that the defence is weak, and I am not sure that even with the addition of Olsson it is any stronger than last year. While Tettey stays back to "protect" it, and the wingers track back, we can defend up to a point. When however we press forward now we seem to succumb to quick counter-attacking sides like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and Man City. When I heard that Tettey was missing on Saturday, I feared the worst. His injury will make us vulnerable for the rest of the first half of the season, and CH will probably have no choice but to revert to his two lines of four defensive backs-to-the-wall approach. Even if the manager is replaced his successor may well have to do the same, given the quality of the squad and the injury list.

I think that late substitutions have also contributed to the number of late goals conceded. If a substitute comes on after 85 minutes, he and the others have no chance to adjust to the change. If he came on after 65 or 70 minutes, he could take time to fit in, and the whole thing would be less frenetic and careless.

It is the defence which worries me. Turner and Bassong do not seem capable of playing to their quality of last year. Have they slowed after their surgery in the summer, or have other teams worked out how to beat them? It may be that they will recover what they had when they have played a few more games. (Turner missed a lot of the pre-season, including the US trip.). If not, then we may have to spend some real money in January to bolster things up a little.

How many reversals did we have under Lambert that first season so it can be used as a comparison of what we were capable of when we had "championship" quality players???? Please someone ANSWER ME pleaseeee

Off the top of my head I reckon it was 3 under Lambert. Did we not go behind at Swansea, QPR and at home to Wolves. But also my gut feeling is that the league was different that season too and in any case we shouldn''t be judging Hughton in comparison to Lambert''s at Norwich we should be judging him on his record against his contemporaries. In that instance last season Lambert had 2 comeback wins and Hughton had 1.

My personal feelings on the Lambert/Hughton debate is that Lambert was a better manager. I loved the time he was here but he''s moved up a class at Villa and now joins the managers in that pool. To find a manager like Lambert when we did was an exception and not the norm. To think we can then find another like him is yet another unrealistic expectation as far as I''m concerned.

Hazza, if you''re not going to give me your expectation that''s fair enough. But why is Hughton''s record in comeback wins shocking?

Reggie, I have no idea how to look up the stat you want. I should imagine a good place to start would be searching for "points won from losing positions" Some body may have researched those stats which would include the wins and draws but I, like you, would have to search. I do know that last season we made comeback draws at Spurs, Villa, Everton, Southampton and at home to Swansea. So that would give you a total of 8 points won from losing positions. But I''m not familiar enough with the records of other teams to make any comparisons.

Now I have some important stats to do.

Thankyou, completely agree with second paragraph however i''ll keep praying that we do get another manager that''s up and coming and knows how to implement the right tactics or at the very least, be able to adjust his own when they''re not working. But hear hear

A 0-0 draw would be a nightmare! I can''t bear not bothering with MOTD for yet another weekend because there''s no goal for me to watch that we''ve scored.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Seeing Nige clearly is the sort of guy who has all these stats at his fingertips, perhaps he might care to answer the query he I placed on Clint''s original posting yesterday..ie how many times have we come back to DRAW (never mind win) after going behing under Hughton''s tutelage ?

Obviously Everton on the first day this season, but how about before ?

This is not designed to start an argument ,btw. I''m genuinely interested, and don''t know how to look this sort of stat up.[/quote]

Draws from losing positions Reggie. I had a quick look through the fixtures of each club so it may be I''ve miswsed the odd result but you could check them yourself. : -

Wigan 7

Southampton 6

Fulham 5

Norwich 5

Sunderland 4

Reading 4

QPR 4

Stoke 3

Villa 2

Newcastle 2

4 of our 5 comeback draws came away from home which is not bad for a

manager who can''t change things when they''re going wrong on the pitch.

Now is anybody going to tell me why this record is shocking? It''s not brilliant. It''s just averagely what you''d expect from a bottom half prem club as the stats show.

Nutty I still feel us only winning once when going behind is still shocking as it gives you no confidence in thinking we''ve actually still got a chance of winning this game. If I remember correctly that when we did equalise last season against Everton, Hughton actually came out and said he would of been more than happy with a point but the players wanted to win the game!! That is also shocking, so if it wasn''t for the players attacking mentality we wouldn''t even have that. I would even say if we hadn''t of won that game we could be playing championship football as that was a massive turning point for us. That''s not my main point though my main point was to give my opinion on what I feel should happen with our management team.

So is this another 3 points which we won that had nothing to do with Hughton along with the games against teams on the beach and the 10 game run which should be discounted. I wrote a spoof thread about this last week but it seems people actually do think like that spoof!

If Hughton was as bad as some of you people seem to think then you shouldn''t need to manipulate statistics to show him in a bad light.

Are you actually hearing yourself??

When have I ever manipulated a stat?? Also I gave you a comment that came from Hughton''s mouth.... Or did I make that up!! Not once did I also mention teams on the beach or 10 game unbeaten run.