Sign in to follow this  
The ghost of Michael Theoklitos

Is one of the advantages of getting Malky that he'll no longer be at Cardiff?

If/when we let Hughton go, I have no idea who I want to come in. All the names I''ve seen on here are pretty uninspiring. I''m glad it''s not my job to replace him. Malky appears to be a favorite, both on here, and in the media. Personally, I think we need to aim higher.However, if we did get in Malky, I can think of one massive advantage. While I appreciate there is a long, long way to go in the season, Palace and perhaps Sunderland are already being touted as 2 teams struggling to beat the drop and likely to go down. This might leave one place with at least half-a-dozen teams vying not to go down.If Cardiff were to lose Malky, they have a fruit loop of an owner. He might be likely to do something completely off the wall, like put in some friend of his brothers from Malaysia in as manager. Either way, I have no faith that they would make a good decision for their new manager.If Malky is to leave Cardiff, they might just implode. This can only help our plight.

Us being linked with Malky is a bit like when Bolton got Owen Coyle from Burnley. Potentially leaving a promoted club to join a club where he was an ex player of repute that are currently lower in the league.

I do think he would do an excellent job. His days at Cardiff look to be numbered regardless and though they have more points on the board there is still plenty of time for them to do a Blackburn and implode due to eccentric owners

Good point OP. Pity we need to thin in such negative terms at this early stage of the season though.

If Malky leaves Cardiff, full-stop. He is clearly loved by players and fans alie there and any replacement would have one hell of a job succeeding with that bunch of average over-achievers. They could quickly replace us in that third berth of the doomed.

All good for us then, but sad to have to think that way.

Good point OP. Pity we need to thin in such negative terms at this early stage of the season though.

If Malky leaves Cardiff, full-stop. He is clearly loved by players and fans alie there and any replacement would have one hell of a job succeeding with that bunch of average over-achievers. They could quickly replace us in that third berth of the doomed.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

[/quote]Hmm... Where have we seen this before??[;)]

Malky will not resign from £3m a year job but may be sacked. If sacked and then becomes City manager the compo for being sacked will be reduced and I don''t see us meeting £3m salary. Like most sacked managers Malky will have to sit on his hands until compo is paid, then get another job. But not in time to save City. Just forget about Malky no chance.

Malky will not resign from £3m a year job but may be sacked. If sacked and then becomes City manager the compo for being sacked will be reduced and I don''t see us meeting £3m salary. Like most sacked managers Malky will have to sit on his hands until compo is paid, then get another job. But not in time to save City. Just forget about Malky no chance.

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"]If/when we let Hughton go, I have no idea who I want to come in. All the names I''ve seen on here are pretty uninspiring. I''m glad it''s not my job to replace him. Malky appears to be a favorite, both on here, and in the media. Personally, I think we need to aim higher.

However, if we did get in Malky, I can think of one massive advantage. While I appreciate there is a long, long way to go in the season, Palace and perhaps Sunderland are already being touted as 2 teams struggling to beat the drop and likely to go down. This might leave one place with at least half-a-dozen teams vying not to go down.

If Cardiff were to lose Malky, they have a fruit loop of an owner. He might be likely to do something completely off the wall, like put in some friend of his brothers from Malaysia in as manager. Either way, I have no faith that they would make a good decision for their new manager.

If Malky is to leave Cardiff, they might just implode. This can only help our plight.
[/quote]

OH LOOK, GHOST HAS STARTED A THREAD AGAIN!